You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Elections 2021

AngryOfTuebrook

16 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yeah, that's guaranteed to get them all back on side. Keep up the good work

To be fair, you've been guilty of the same line of thinking as that and I said the same thing to you at the time. You're right though, blaming the electorate doesn't get you very far. 

Some sobering facts;

This was as solid a Labour seat as virtually any other in the country.

There was a 16% 'swing' away from the sitting party.

I despair of the party sometimes, I really do.

Ive just had to suffer the insufferable laura piddick lecturing people on BBC News and this a woman Labour MP who lost her seat at the last election. People like her are not listening. I guess they never will.

1 minute ago, Numero said:

To be fair, you've been guilty of the same line of thinking as that and I said the same thing to you at the time. You're right though, blaming the electorate doesn't get you very far. 

Guilty as charged. And I think people can be forgiven for emotional outbursts in the wake of difficult election results. But it does seem like Labour really don't particularly like loads of their own voters.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yeah, that's guaranteed to get them all back on side. Keep up the good work

And what was it you were saying about the working class who voted for brexit in 2016?

And besides they aren't getting back on side if 150k deaths due to the incompetence, negligence & stupidity of this lot atop 11 years of austerity isn't enough to show them what utter cunts Tory's are then I'm not sure what will.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, aws said:

Hey you - you Brexit loving, racist, Little Englander, fascist Tory cunt - why aren't you voting for me anymore? 

If only this government could have killed 150k more people.

Hartlepool might have stayed red.

Oh well.

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Guilty as charged. And I think people can be forgiven for emotional outbursts in the wake of difficult election results. But it does seem like Labour really don't particularly like loads of their own voters.

Agreed.

And that was evident by the candidate they put there.

16 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Some sobering facts;

This was as solid a Labour seat as virtually any other in the country.

There was a 16% 'swing' away from the sitting party.

I despair of the party sometimes, I really do.

Ive just had to suffer the insufferable laura piddick lecturing people on BBC News and this a woman Labour MP who lost her seat at the last election. People like her are not listening. I guess they never will.

Was she talking about the electorate or the Labour party , dockers ?

19 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I think part of the reason why Labour and the Tories both dislike their own voters is because there's a lot of people in this country who are cunts.

Yeah and most of them are in the Labour and Tory party.

21 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yeah, instead of a coalition they have become different parties inside one. That said, you can forgive people for being angry at those voting Tory having previously voted Labour but only if they realise that it's the fault of Labour and not the fault of the voter. 

1 minute ago, Numero said:

Yeah, instead of a coalition they have become different parties inside one. That said, you can forgive people for being angry at those voting Tory having previously voted Labour but only if they realise that it's the fault of Labour and not the fault of the voter. 

Be some challenge trying to appeal to the sort of metropolitan woke educated demographic, and at the same time also appealing to traditional Labour voters. Especially as both cohorts don't seem to understand or even like each other.

Really they should be two separate parties, and under a PR system they would be, and we probably wouldn't have a Tory government. But FPTP forces everyone into big tents, and this tent is bursting at the seams.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I think part of the reason why Labour and the Tories both dislike their own voters is because there's a lot of people in this country who are cunts.

People like this. No wonder the Tories have largely kept him away from the electorate during this campaign.