You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (H) Premier League - 24/4/21 - 12:30

Bjornebye

36 minutes ago, derykw said:

So so fucking predictable.

I called this to my lad in after half an hour, that if we dont get the second goal before half time we arent winning. I backed my prediction up by putting £2. on a draw @10/1 in the 83rd minute

The lack of quality in our finishing is absolutely shameful. How can players with so much ability be so shite?

The Thiago substitution made no sense whatsoever and smacked of making a sub for the sake of it when we had the game well under control. Shite from Klopp.

To concede that goal after literally getting out of jail moments prior is absolutely criminal really, how can we not see out the final two minutes or so from that position?

Fabinho in defence again! What a signing Davis is proving to be. If we persist with midfielders in defence much longer Im gonna self harm.

This squad and team need a major overhaul with no CL football and tight wad owners a very jaded looking manager.

Im very very worried.

Agree with much of this especially the midfielders in centre half roles, please for the love of Christ make this the last time, throw Williams in,do anything just please for Gods sake stop putting midfielders there.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Shudder to think what our points per game average has been since the first lockdown. Can't be much better than 1.5.

Between lockdown and 1st January this year, we accrued 53 points (33 this season alone, and top on goal difference at the turn of the year) which is the same as Man City. For comparison’s sake, Man Utd had 57.

Given how dramatic the decline has been, I’m sympathetic to the suggestion that the players (and, in all likelihood, management) had a lot of fight drained out of them by the owners’ refusal to invest at a time of unprecedented injury crisis in a particularly gruelling season. I don’t think it is absurd to consider that might have played a big part in a blip become something much more significant.  

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Between lockdown and 1st January this year, we accrued 53 points (33 this season alone, and top on goal difference at the turn of the year) which is the same as Man City. For comparison’s sake, Man Utd had 57.

Given how dramatic the decline has been, I’m sympathetic to the suggestion that the players (and, in all likelihood, management) had a lot of fight drained out of them by the owners’ refusal to invest at a time of unprecedented injury crisis in a particularly gruelling season. I don’t think it is absurd to consider that might have played a big part in a blip become something much more significant.  

Agree with this. Cunts

• Upvote 1

Not one for giving up on this team, but until any form of crowds are back, I'm not watching. Every game is being played at a snails pace, just like a shit pre season friendly, its pathetic. 

Wijnaldum, who is always a 7-8/10 performer passes the ball as if he's giving it to a 2 year old. 

Mane laughs when he misses an open goal, firmino has forgotten how to actually play the game. 

These guys need the support and equally, the pressure put on them by the crowd. 

I can’t remember in recent years when I’ve more pissed off than I am now.

However, as frustrated as I am, it can be rescued. 

Although it was disappointing not to hold out at Leeds, I still thought 15/18 would be enough. I’d written off next Sunday. If we win next Sunday, then it’s game on again and I’d put us in pole-ish position.

But it’s not a position we should be in. These today, first half Monday and WBA should have been cricket scores. 

I agree with Klopp laying into the players but Thaigo and Jota shouldn’t have been subbed today. Despite not having his best game, Jota should have stayed on. I genuinely don’t know what Firmino offers these days.

23 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Agree with much of this especially the midfielders in centre half roles, please for the love of Christ make this the last time, throw Williams in,do anything just please for Gods sake stop putting midfielders there.

Our win rate with midfielders in there must be very low.

We had won a couple of games or so with Fabinho back in midfield....as soon as he is out of it again we stop winning.

Yes today was mostly about shite finishing, bad bad stuff in front of goal - but it all plays a part and fact is we just don't win as many football matches when we play midfielders at centre half.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Yes today was mostly about shite finishing, bad bad stuff in front of goal - but it all plays a part and fact is we just don't win as many football matches when we play midfielders at centre half.

Today, like Monday, had nothing to do with Fabinho in defence.

The players in front of him had enough good chances to win every game until the end of the season. 

Or is Fabinho going to stride beautifully  forwards and show Jota & Mane how to finish?  

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Best player on the pitch today. I didn’t agree with Jones coming on for him. 

Why is it now Thiago has started finding form we’ve stopped playing him?

It’s called shit game management.  Rodgers wrote the book on it.  Klopp must have found a copy in his house.

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Really? 

I didn’t agree with the change but it’s shouldn’t have mattered. 

Every idiotic decision we make seems to matter currently. 

Changing the only player other than Kabak that played well today for one that offers fuck all and strolls around especially in midfield.  It worked out well.

29 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Not one for giving up on this team, but until any form of crowds are back, I'm not watching. Every game is being played at a snails pace, just like a shit pre season friendly, its pathetic. 

Wijnaldum, who is always a 7-8/10 performer passes the ball as if he's giving it to a 2 year old. 

Mane laughs when he misses an open goal, firmino has forgotten how to actually play the game. 

These guys need the support and equally, the pressure put on them by the crowd. 

Wijnaldum is not worth a massive contract. One good game in every three or four, I’m glad he’s going. The problem is who, if anybody, we bring in

• Upvote 1