You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (H) Premier League - 24/4/21 - 12:30

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, fungus said:

Hard to assist forwards that can't score

Yeah, harsh on Salah who has put away a few of the chances he's gotten this year, but he really has to score on the one from Bobby. The cute little throughball to Jota should have given him an assist as well, although not as clear cut as Salah's.

2 hours ago, stringvest said:

You're joking aren't you?  There's no doubt about Firmino any more.  He's dogshit.  It's a fact, and has been for well more than 12 months.

For me its fitness. I think that (like other players) he’s run out of steam after an intense set of covid fixtures, plus a very disjointed midfield where his initial role-play has had to change & adapt.

It’s six years since he joined. He’s played a huge amount of football, because rotation of the front three is not something Klopp has practiced. On top of that, he plays on top of a midfield that has disintegrated. Literally. The synergy of which he was a connective part, has gone over like a Domino set.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Wijnaldum is not worth a massive contract. One good game in every three or four, I’m glad he’s going. The problem is who, if anybody, we bring in

Yep. Has his good games but not as much of a consistent impact as needed. I didn't get this hype about him deserving a big new contract. The biggest positive he brings is availability and great fitness levels.

Apart from that, he takes too many touches too often. Rarely assists, doesn't have the guile for an incisive pass. Doesn't score enough either. I don't understand why he has been played in almost every single game since January, when it has been clear that he is almost certain not to sign a new contract.

we have looked burnt out for a while now and the 2nd half today and against Leeds was a team that looked shot. Gini best represents this and if we replace him with Bissuoma in the summer, we will see a different energy and control in midfield next season.

it reminds me of the Chelsea team that ran away with the League in 2015 with 87 points , only to finish on 50 points in 10th the season after. The more or less same team  under Conte , albeit with Kante, won the League the following season. 

as with them, just hope that we miss out on the Europa League to make this happen.

If we miss the Europa well end up in that Conference shit unless we fall down the table even further.  As Uefa (bent cunts) are including a team with the highest Coefficients even if they finish 7th into the CL from 2024 it’s best not to damage ours.

11 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It wasn't cried in! we've set a pattern that even the most basic imbecile can see and the bastard thing has played out exactly how we expected too way too often for comfort. It's like its scripted we are that predictable. I'm absolutely livid with this side now. It's worse because we never got to say thank you when they played above themselves and delivered our dreams, it's devastating. Winning the league under those circumstances was so hard to take but to follow it up with this season has been heartbreaking. 

The injuries do not excuse some of the performances we've seen,  this is elite level sports, they get elite level of pay and we employ elite level experts on every level needed to create an elite level team, I'm tired of them crying it in. Our players have had their arses handed to them by teams with far inferior players with far inferior managers and resources. Its shit its not good enough and its time they fucking fought for a win rather than be shit houses, its time they fought for every throw in, every foul, every time the opposition keeps hold of the ball when we are trying to take a quick free kick, we get bullied all over the pitch, we never fight at all! and never pressure the ref. The fans haven't cried it in the players and management team have. We will attack the league this year klopp said we done the absolute opposite we went conservative on every level from ambition in the market to on the pitch. I dont even blame klopp for most of these performances because you look at what these players are serving up and it doesn't matter who is in charge they are half arsed, poor when it matters,  pass shite, shoot shite and chase back like they're surprised they're in a game.

Be fucking nice too if the club actually updated fans on injuries or is  that like informing the financial markets of the value of your product.

I'm drunk and fed up massively but this side has become pure shithouse they're terrified when they used to be determined. Its broken and VVD or matip isn't going to fix it, so it's going to be a big summer or a tactical rethink because if we set up next season with 433 except maybe Konate instead of somebody else or another cog in place of another then we are fucked.

Oh and fsg invest some fucking money from a 300 million purchase to a club worth 3 billion you've no fucking excuses you fucking shysters.

This is what happens when I get drunk with all her manc family and listen to there gloating. I go full hysterical fanny. I've calmed down now just add two parts water to my points and dilute it a bit.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It wasn't cried in! we've set a pattern that even the most basic imbecile can see and the bastard thing has played out exactly how we expected too way too often for comfort. It's like its scripted we are that predictable. I'm absolutely livid with this side now. It's worse because we never got to say thank you when they played above themselves and delivered our dreams, it's devastating. Winning the league under those circumstances was so hard to take but to follow it up with this season has been heartbreaking. 

The injuries do not excuse some of the performances we've seen,  this is elite level sports, they get elite level of pay and we employ elite level experts on every level needed to create an elite level team, I'm tired of them crying it in. Our players have had their arses handed to them by teams with far inferior players with far inferior managers and resources. Its shit its not good enough and its time they fucking fought for a win rather than be shit houses, its time they fought for every throw in, every foul, every time the opposition keeps hold of the ball when we are trying to take a quick free kick, we get bullied all over the pitch, we never fight at all! and never pressure the ref. The fans haven't cried it in the players and management team have. We will attack the league this year klopp said we done the absolute opposite we went conservative on every level from ambition in the market to on the pitch. I dont even blame klopp for most of these performances because you look at what these players are serving up and it doesn't matter who is in charge they are half arsed, poor when it matters,  pass shite, shoot shite and chase back like they're surprised they're in a game.

Be fucking nice too if the club actually updated fans on injuries or is  that like informing the financial markets of the value of your product.

I'm drunk and fed up massively but this side has become pure shithouse they're terrified when they used to be determined. Its broken and VVD or matip isn't going to fix it, so it's going to be a big summer or a tactical rethink because if we set up next season with 433 except maybe Konate instead of somebody else or another cog in place of another then we are fucked.

Oh and fsg invest some fucking money from a 300 million purchase to a club worth 3 billion you've no fucking excuses you fucking shysters.

Considering you where drunk that's a well thought out post mate. Would really like our team to digest it and have a good hard luck at themselves.

Although we beat Arsenal I watched the players walking out at the start, the soulless expressions looked like "what is the fuckin point of this"

I watch the games with crowd noise on, without it its all so flat. I dont think there is any doubt that we are one of the teams that struggle the most with no atmosphere and no fans. 

I really dont understand, with all the vaccines thats been shot in England, why we are not back to fans being allowed back in, like before Christmas. 

The less said about this disappointing result, the better it is. The way it all ended was incredible hard to take after the disallowed goal. 

Im trying hard not to drink until the 12th of May, but I struggled yesterday after that. 

Amazing goal from Salah though. 

15 hours ago, lebron said:

Out of rep, but spot on from 3stacks.

I'll add that Firmino was by far our best attacker today, and especially in the 1st half. Put the ball on a plate for both Salah and Jota to score, but their finishing was unfortunately as bad as Mane's.

If you only measure Firmino's contribution to this team in goals and assist, he will come up short in most people's view. Thankfully our manager has a somewhat more sophisticated view of how a team functions. 

I don't expect Firmino to score many, or even assist that many.  What I do expect is for him to act as the 'glue' to link the play, to win the ball back occasionally, and more importantly, not to give the ball away at every given opportunity.  He's been failing at this for over a year.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Red Shift said:

For me its fitness. I think that (like other players) he’s run out of steam after an intense set of covid fixtures, plus a very disjointed midfield where his initial role-play has had to change & adapt.

It’s six years since he joined. He’s played a huge amount of football, because rotation of the front three is not something Klopp has practiced. On top of that, he plays on top of a midfield that has disintegrated. Literally. The synergy of which he was a connective part, has gone over like a Domino set.

I am not sure it's that at all.  I think it's a mental thing.  He's constantly making the wrong decisions, and his addled state manifests itself constantly in poor touches and giving the ball away.  I think he's a busted flush, and for his as well as our sake he'd be better off elsewhere.

22 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not loyalty, there's no one else to put in his place. Putting Jota in his position changes the dynamics of the team as they're so different. Same with Origi or Shaqiri. If you want to force Firmino out, you find a player that is a better false 9 or you change the shape of the team. He's way harder to replace than someone like Mane would be, for example. 

A false nine? Fuck that bullshit now. If you are a forward you either score goals or set them up,even both. We just need somebody who can do a better job and Jota is doing it miles better than Firmino yet keeps getting hooked. At least Jota tries to score,Firmino isnt even doing that. 

On 24/04/2021 at 17:06, coachpotato said:

You add a goal extra to all our performances this season and see where we would be in the league in particular, nobody would be complaining this much then.

I’ve just done the maths for this (not my strong point!) and if you take the league games where we would’ve gained a point or points by scoring one extra goal it works out at 24 points.

That’s second place, a point ahead of United.

• Upvote 1