You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (H) Premier League - 24/4/21 - 12:30

Bjornebye

At this point I wouldn't blame the board for sacking Klopp whether or not its the right decision. 

He's been found out, his tactics don't work anymore and he's served up the worst season ever in terms of what we could reasonably expect. Not finishing in the top four is categorically unacceptable.  He can't coach effective attacking football and he can't rely on the raw talent of our forward line anymore because it isn't there. He also doesn't seem to have the passion and drive anymore and it shows in his players. 

Thanks for all the wonderful memories, thanks for the league from the bottom of my heart, he's a great great guy but its not working anymore. 

If we stay with him we risk going back to perpetual mediocrity and we just can't have that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

Just now, Jordy Brouwer said:

At this point I wouldn't blame the board for sacking Klopp whether or not its the right decision. 

He's been found out, his tactics don't work anymore and he's served up the worst season ever in terms of what we could reasonably expect. Not finishing in the top four is categorically unacceptable.  He can't coach effective attacking football and he can't rely on the raw talent of our forward line anymore because it isn't there. He also doesn't seem to have the passion and drive anymore and it shows in his players. 

Thanks for all the wonderful memories, thanks for the league from the bottom of my heart, he's a great great guy but its not working anymore. 

If we stay with him we risk going back to perpetual mediocrity and we just can't have that. 

Fuck off

• Upvote 1

Why the absolute fuck aren’t we bringing on a third centre back right at the end of games when we’re only a goal up?

if we’re going to invite pressure then at least get an extra body in the box to head things away for fucks sake. 

all it takes is a set piece or a lucky deflection and you’re fucked.

The worrying thing is we all knew it was coming, the players all knew it was coming, Newcastle all knew it was coming. Yet we did nothing whatsoever to prevent it. 

I thought the last 30 minutes from Bobby are some of the worse decision making I have ever seen. 

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Fuck that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

Jesus fucking christ. Given an absolute reprieve and still can't see it for the final three minutes. 

All on the strikers this. Truly appealing finishing has cost us so many points this season. Mane and Firmino need to be moved on. 

I'm so annoyed but it was so predictable 

Plus Wijnaldum, Shaq who never gets a game, keita who is clearly no longer in the manager's plans.

The rot is so deep now that it just isn't going to be something that can be fixed in the summer.

It's all over the park and the squad from front to back - no confidence, poor decision making, laziness, individual errors, poor tactical decisions, no bottle, naivety, piss poor finishing, mental fragility....

A broken team.

3 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Fuck off nobhead 

3 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Why the absolute fuck aren’t we bringing on a third centre back right at the end of games when we’re only a goal up?

if we’re going to invite pressure then at least get an extra body in the box to head things away for fucks sake. 

all it takes is a set piece or a lucky deflection and you’re fucked.

Or the oppos throwing everything at you. Cant belive the players didnt heed the lesson at Leeds.

Did that ball even get into the Newcastle half after the VAR decision?

4 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Massive massive problems with the mentality of this team

Jota needed hooking midway in first half.  Sent the message that it's not acceptable to shoot like a Sunday League player, that when you're off your game then you don't stay in the game.  But Jurgen fucked that by starting all four of them, he had nowhere else to go.  

I think Jürgen needs to take a break.  He's lost his way, the fire isn't there, the ideas look stale, the players aren't responding to him or the situation. We all saw this game happening, we've seen this time and time again. The difference is we're fucking fuming, Klopp isn't.  It's like he's lost all motivation and emotion.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1