You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Super League Poll

Megadrive Man

Super League Poll  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of the proposed super league?

• Yes - Its a super idea
    • No - It's a disgrace

Not voted.

I don't like it in principle but I'm prepared to wait for more details about it and UEFA's counter plans before jumping to a conclusion. I'd be happy with the status quo if FFP was enforced properly but it won't be. I'm not going to be happy when the Saudis take over Newcastle and other clubs get bought by other countries or crooks leaving sides who live mostly on their fruits of their own efforts scrambling around for the crumbs.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

35 minutes ago, aws said:

Not voted.

I don't like it in principle but I'm prepared to wait for more details about it and UEFA's counter plans before jumping to a conclusion. I'd be happy with the status quo if FFP was enforced properly but it won't be. I'm not going to be happy when the Saudis take over Newcastle and other clubs get bought by other countries or crooks leaving sides who live mostly on their fruits of their own efforts scrambling around for the crumbs.  

Can’t some it up any better than this.

I genuinely feel that if you told me we wouldn't have anything like this version of a Super League in my lifetime, but it meant Liverpool would be relegated at the end of this season, I'd be hugely in favour of it.

That's how much I hate this idea.

If the Premier League docked us and the other 5 clubs 30 points for even trying this, I'd celebrate. If it all fell apart and then UEFA announced that all 12, including Liverpool, were banned from the CL for the next 3 seasons, I'd celebrate.

• Upvote 6

I haven’t voted yet. Generally I’m against it but await more details.

In the end, I’ll probably stand with the manager, players and the majority of the fans. Just as Shanks told us we should. He was right way back then and if there is to be any kind of club at the end of this, with even a passing resemblance to LFC, it needs to happen now. 

I do find myself wanting to stick two fingers up to the hypocrisy of it all though and give some of these self proclaimed ‘defenders of the beautiful game’ a massive fuck you as we slam the door on our way out. I know I’d regret it though, however much they’re pissing me off, they’re also in the right. 

I'm against the super league but I'm also against Murdoch, Sky, sportswashing, shit English referees, bantz. 

I would like the game to go back an earlier model where any team with good management and structures can have a period of success. Leeds in the 60s/70s, Forest, Derby, Ipswich and so on. But that's never going to happen. 

• Upvote 1

I hate it. Like Bobby said yesterday, what right have they got to take out champions league/european cup away from us? As fans we deserve much more of a voice and I hope the noise from all 6 sets of fans is loud enough that they pull out of it. I can't believe 12 people have voted in favour already 

• Upvote 1

It's a bit shit.  Just sort out Financial Fair Play to ensure a more level playing field for all involved.

Either way I think football as we know/knew it is fucked until it get's it's house in order.  Happy that we won the league & champions league in the last two years so if I walk away now (as best I can) I have some good memories to take with me. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's a bit shit.  Just sort out Financial Fair Play to ensure a more level playing field for all involved.

Either way I think football as we know/knew it is fucked until it get's it's house in order.  Happy that we won the league & champions league in the last two years so if I walk away now (as best I can) I have some good memories to take with me. 

That ship has sailed and when the Saudis get in at Newcastle the usual dipshits will be crying about another Club "cheating" their way into the Top 4 whilst we inevitably lose out.

Something had to be done with the PL and Uefa allowing this to happen with open arms/bank accounts.  Plus we now have VAR costing us points (again the PL) which alog with the shit we've served up will see us out of the CL.

Just now, rubble-rouser said:

Yeah, because the new powers will be arbiters of justice and morality.

At least they'll have a say in it unlike now.  These Clubs make the majority of the money for these competitions yet are dictated to by cunts creaming off the top.  Goes for the PL as well with no mark clubs that offer fuck all bar rolling over for the likes of the Mancs yet can gang together and force other Clubs into what they want.

Need a third option - undecided. I was a bit pissed at the announcement but honestly, the hysterical reaction from the media, politicians, rival football fans etc. is pushing me into the "for" camp. Most of these cunts need very little reason to display open hostility to us but this Super League has given them the excuse to declare open season on us. Fuck them.