Quantcast
Is today's news the end of the "Socialist club" idea - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Colonel Kurtz

Is today's news the end of the "Socialist club" idea

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Shanks was socialist, the club wasn't. It was started by a landlord as a giant 'fuck you' to Everton.

 

The club does fuck all for Anfield as an area, and never has. From the professional jobs I've seen advertised it pays below market value. Its community operation does far less than Everton's (although that's not really down to altruism by Everton, more the need to uphold their underdog branding and recruit new fans locally, whereas we recruit ours with success, big players and games).

I fully agree though there a few reds who cling to the notion that somehow this US hedge fund owned ruthless profit making entity is a socialist endeavour. Maybe the events of today will open their eyes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I fully agree though there a few reds who cling to the notion that somehow this US hedge fund owned ruthless profit making entity is a socialist endeavour. Maybe the events of today will open their eyes. 

In fairness mate I don't think any Liverpool supporter ever thought this about them

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I fully agree though there a few reds who cling to the notion that somehow this US hedge fund owned ruthless profit making entity is a socialist endeavour. Maybe the events of today will open their eyes. 

You appear to misunderstand. Just because the club doesn’t have socialist ideals doesn’t mean the fans or some players don’t. Fans supporting foodbanks, Hendo during lockdown, Robbo promoting foodbanks, Klopp paying for NHS workers shopping.

 

The irony in Neville talking about the streets of Liverpool when our fan foodbanks were busy supplying United and City’s during lockdown. Also Newcastle foodbanks.

 

Still, apparently we’re just thieving Scouse cunts. Self-pity city. Murderers.

 

Fuck them, and fuck your pathetic Tory point scoring.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

You appear to misunderstand. Just because the club doesn’t have socialist ideals doesn’t mean the fans or some players don’t. Fans supporting foodbanks, Hendo during lockdown, Robbo promoting foodbanks, Klopp paying for NHS workers shopping.

 

The irony in Neville talking about the streets of Liverpool when our fan foodbanks were busy supplying United and City’s during lockdown. Also Newcastle foodbanks.

 

Still, apparently were just thieving Scouse cunts. Self-pity city. Murderers.

 

Fuck them, and fuck your pathetic Tory point scoring.

Excellent work mate and very true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think that in the light of today's announcement, we can finally put to bed the idea that we support a Socialist football club. Billionaire owners, players paid multi million pound wages in one of the most deprived cities in the UK and now the club signing up to get even more money for wages at the expense of genuine sporting competition. There may be a solidarity and collective spirit amongst the fans but you'd be hard pushed to define what is going on today as socialism. Call me a Tory cunt all you like but I am genuinely saddened by what has happened to this club. 

The club has never had Socialist owners. (I don't think any English top flight club has.)

 

The Socialist character comes from the fans, the community and from some of the managers and players we've had over the years. That hasn't changed overnight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I don’t care about stadiums being built by kid slaves in Qatar in terrible heat who eventually fall to their death. I also don’t care about prisoners in Saudi Arabia being tortured to death. Or millions being impoverished in the Ukraine for generations.
Or FSG being venture capitalists and basically destroying peoples lives for a quick profit. 

I just want a nice burger and maybe a Coke delivered to my seat but I can’t get a good Wi-Fi signal in my new seat in the Teletubby #forthefans stand.

And Mbappe please FSG! Mega lolz!!


 

 

And good fucking night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Soon we'll have a thread started that includes emoji in the title. It's been coming and it's closer than ever before..

You can feel it’s breath on your shoulder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve tried it. Any emoji included just stops you posting. It’s censorship, wouldn’t surprise me if Dave U is on the Sky ESL payroll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Personally I don’t care about stadiums being built by kid slaves in Qatar in terrible heat who eventually fall to their death. I also don’t care about prisoners in Saudi Arabia being tortured to death. Or millions being impoverished in the Ukraine for generations.
Or FSG being venture capitalists and basically destroying peoples lives for a quick profit. 

I just want a nice burger and maybe a Coke delivered to my seat but I can’t get a good Wi-Fi signal in my new seat in the Teletubby #forthefans stand.

And Mbappe please FSG! Mega lolz!!


 

 

And good fucking night.


A good post in full. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aRdja said:

Half of the CL semi finalists are state funded clubs aren’t they?

Could be three - depending on how close you think Abramovich is to Putin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/04/2021 at 03:28, Shooter in the Motor said:

Soon we'll have a thread started that includes emoji in the title. It's been coming and it's closer than ever before..

It's the absence of a question mark in the title of this thread that's keeping me awake until this hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said, it's hard to claim to club was ever socialist if you're looking at the various owners we've had and how they've behaved.

 

There's also another argument, though, about how much the club (any club - or any institution for that matter) is defined by its owners/managers at any given time, which I really can't be arsed getting into right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

As others have said, it's hard to claim to club was ever socialist if you're looking at the various owners we've had and how they've behaved.

 

There's also another argument, though, about how much the club (any club - or any institution for that matter) is defined by its owners/managers at any given time, which I really can't be arsed getting into right now.

The Socialist idea was brought up by Shanks simply speaking about the relationship between the fans,the players and the manager and how it takes all three entities to work hard and come together to achieve success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×