You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mourinho Sacked

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Apparently, he was sacked because he didn't allow his team to train because of Spurs being a founder of ESL. Sounds ludicrous.

Brendan Rodgers is the favorite not Nagelsmann.

An ESL founder appointing Rodgers now would expose the entire thing as a sham that never had a chance of getting off the ground.

6 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Apparently, he was sacked because he didn't allow his team to train because of Spurs being a founder of ESL. Sounds ludicrous.

Brendan Rodgers is the favorite not Nagelsmann.

Rodgers would be nuts to go there.

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K

He will have seen the writing is on the wall for him, and acted accordingly. None of the players want him there. None of the players at United wanted him there. None of the players at Chelsea wanted him there. A pretty damning indictment of 7 years work.

As for him being better as a pundit .. always lost on me. He speaks a kind of pidgin English. I didn't realise until watching the Spurs documentary as well what a sad little vulgarian he is. Constantly about the place cursing .. "I'm dead because my dog died. My dog died and I'm fucked. Deeply fucked and I want you to know that. For 13 fucking years he fucking travelled every fucking where." Acting and speaking like that as a managerial figure in a work-place environment. Living out of his hotel room in Manchester, then wrecking Spurs, he devolved into this very sad weird clown.

43 minutes ago, suzy said:

Rodgers would be nuts to go there.

Agreed, he's onto a good thing at Leicester. He has had decent money to buy players, they seem to have a decent recruitment policy and the club have just invested £100m in a new training facility. They also want to expand the ground. 

If he went to Spurs he would be working under Levy and the pressure would constantly be on him to qualify for the CL to pay for the new ground.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

Agreed, he's onto a good thing at Leicester. He has had decent money to buy players, they seem to have a decent recruitment policy and the club have just invested £100m in a new training facility. They also want to expand the ground. 

If he went to Spurs he would be working under Levy and the pressure would constantly be on him to qualify for the CL to pay for the new ground.

The family who run it sound decent, unlike Levy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Rumour seems to be he refused to take training after the ESL announcement, guess Levy saw the opportunity to save some severance. Interested to see what happened, if it was just a matter of them having enough of him or if he's had one of those annoying "seems like a decent guy when he's not managing a side" moments.

The club would have to have had the lawyers involved way before training this morning. 

No chance this is true

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Most importantly at Leicester he's getting praised for doing sweet fuck all.  A proper club wouldnt have been too happy about pishing away top four after being shite for half a season and going out of the Europa league to no hopes. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Juniper said:

The club would have to have had the lawyers involved way before training this morning. 

No chance this is true

Why? It's an employment contract, they already know all of the detail and I'm sure know exactly what they can and can't do. I'm being glib about the severance, not saying he's getting the boot with no compensation.

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Why? It's an employment contract, they already know all of the detail and I'm sure know exactly what they can and can't do. I'm being glib about the severance, not saying he's getting the boot with no compensation.

You’d not make a multi-million decision without a final sign off / discussion with lawyers any board members..etc, plus a press release signed off and an announcement made on all media channels just minutes after he’s supposedly had a hissy fit and refused to train the squad. 

Don’t get me wrong I’d like it to be true but its a romantic idea made up by someone on Twitter.

All the noise now from the press is that this story is nonsense, training was delayed from 10am to allow the story to come out and the club started the ball rolling after the game with the bitters on Friday.

17 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Most importantly at Leicester he's getting praised for doing sweet fuck all.  A proper club wouldnt have been too happy about pishing away top four after being shite for half a season and going out of the Europa league to no hopes. 

Yes, no real pressure on him and he's probably bought another season with getting to the FA cup final. Doubt they will be happy if he fucks up the top 4 again though.

1 minute ago, Juniper said:

You’d not make a multi-million decision without a final sign off / discussion with lawyers any board members..etc, plus a press release signed off and an announcement made on all media channels just minutes after he’s supposedly had a hissy fit and refused to train the squad. 

It’s a romantic idea made up by someone.

All the noise is now saying by the press is that this story is nonsense and the club started the ball rolling after the game with the bitters on Friday.

The statement is boilerplate (and published after the story broke) and the contract is all known info. Sure it's been in the works, and was only talking in terms of rumour, so please don't mistake this as me insisting this is the real story. Just don't think those barriers are as major as you make out. Spurs have all the resources to make such major decisions quickly. 

Levy is one of only two owners of the 85% Maj shareholder in the club. He'd have one phone call to make and know he's free and clear from any internal issues.