Quantcast
New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up - Page 80 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
TheDrowningMan

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

Recommended Posts

I find that people I have met who visit the city, and surrounding areas (Wirral, Southport etc.) often will say how their perception of the place and people have been changed by actually coming and seeing it for themselves.

That more than suggests that there is a pre-determined view of what it’s like here and how the people are.

Hardly surprising given the coverage in the media that is often biased against it all.

The perception hasn’t been helped by the relatively small number of idiots that, unfortunately, get a disproportionate amount of media coverage and outrage when they offend.

The establishment, particularly the right wing, have allowed and encouraged the bias and this has led to many taking the easy and lazy route of just seeing the place as tarnished. It doesn’t help either that the bile emanating from such sites as GOT strengthens the negativity.

Sure there are knob heads and crooks, scallies and crime, but there are everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

 

1. John Barnes is fucking great

2. How fat is McCoist these days??

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love how the media have constructed the stories the manc clubs, players like warriors fought for whats right where in Liverpool sponsors and the threat of a reduction in money changed their mind. So full of shit like inbred mancunian Gary Neville putting all his focus on LFC the club, the city and  its people but at Old Trafford this was an insidious coup by Darth Woodward tricking the holier than thou Manchester PLC into something they knew nothing about. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Nah.  I live in another part of the country now, and I've travelled and worked extensively all over the country over the last 80 years.  Rather than Liverpool football club as an entity, fans of other clubs dislike our fans.  That should go without saying.  Look at the stuff we write about other teams' fans.  

 

But this hatred of Liverpool the place just isn't borne out by the facts.  People actually quite like the city, though it's generally seen as some sort of cartoon stag and hen night location.  If you go trawling through footballing tweets or internet forums, what do you expect to see?  Why would you want to waste valuable time looking at such rubbish?  The fans of this club are seen as bleating, self-reverential and entitled, with constant references to history and integrity, which even to the less self-aware of us must ring hollow in the way we behave and have done in the past.  We've got some right cunts who follow this club, and I would say the proportion of cunts vs non-cunts is probably no different to any other club.  We should stop searching out things to be offended about and crack on.

When I say club, I mean fans. I don’t go looking for football related tweets, made by fans of other teams. Neither do I visit other club’s intenet forums. I just see the stuff people who I follow on Twitter respond to and what people on here comment on.

 

I agree, we do have our fair share of cunts. I cringe at the professional Scousers and/or those who think Liverpool F.C. is unique, superior or more important than other football clubs.

 

I, too, live in another part of the country now and have done for twenty or so years, mostly in London and Yorkshire. In my experience, plenty of people, mostly those who have never been to Liverpool, have derogatory things to say about the place and its people. Have you never had tired Scouse cliches aimed at you? I have, and quite often. I’m not offended though. I just let them on get on with it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I’m one. I didnt really care for the idea but it’s preferable to watching us now slide into mediocrity, and we will, while honest competitors like City and Chelsea and probably soon Newcastle hoover up title after title and to be perfectly honest the outpouring of nauseous hypocrisy from the likes of rat boy, Sly, the PL and EUFA desperate to keep their filthy snouts in the trough made me actually warm to the idea

The ESL was flawed as a competitive league, but people shouldn't be embarrassed to have warmed to the idea of a potential solution to the nonsense we have as the status quo in football. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I've never heard anyone outside the tribal football context refer to Bin Dippers, and only Tory MPs and the Tory press refer to Liverpool as self-pity city.

I have plenty of times, scouse scum is another

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I’m one. I didnt really care for the idea but it’s preferable to watching us now slide into mediocrity, and we will, while honest competitors like City and Chelsea and probably soon Newcastle hoover up title after title and to be perfectly honest the outpouring of nauseous hypocrisy from the likes of rat boy, Sly, the PL and EUFA desperate to keep their filthy snouts in the trough made me actually warm to the idea

We just won our first league title in 30 years and the Champions League the season before. 

 

Get a fucking grip.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I went to uni away from home and I've lived away from home for the last 15 years.

 

I've witnessed plenty of ignorant shit about our city and scousers in general. It's not at all just about our football team.

This.

Even in a business sense it's happened more than once, probably too many times to count, where someone has heard my accent and "jokingly" questioned my trustworthiness. 

If you don't have the accent (Stringvest?) maybe you don't see and hear it as much because they don't know you're the target audience.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

The ESL was flawed as a competitive league, but people shouldn't be embarrassed to have warmed to the idea of a potential solution to the nonsense we have as the status quo in football. 

People should be embarrassed to have warmed to the idea of a circus act designed in secrecy by a handful of billionaires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

People should be embarrassed to have warmed to the idea of a circus act designed in secrecy by a handful of billionaires.

Football's already a circus act. This would have just been a turd sandwich instead of the vomit soup we're already being served up. Which is why I was agnostic to it, but sometimes people are convinced by a chance at change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Football's already a circus act. This would have just been a turd sandwich instead of the vomit soup we're already being served up. Which is why I was agnostic to it, but sometimes people are convinced by a chance at change. 

If they'd excluded the state and oligarch clubs and devised a fair qualification system (as well as the FFP system that was apparently part of the plan), then they might have been on to something. But a near-closed shop including Man City, Chelsea and likely PSG? No way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a great statement from the FSA and addresses another major issue that is more prevalent in the EFL but very relevant - namely the shite fit and proper persons test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

When I say club, I mean fans. I don’t go looking for football related tweets, made by fans of other teams. Neither do I visit other club’s intenet forums. I just see the stuff people who I follow on Twitter respond to and what people on here comment on.

 

I agree, we do have our fair share of cunts. I cringe at the professional Scousers and/or those who think Liverpool F.C. is unique, superior or more important than other football clubs.

 

I, too, live in another part of the country now and have done for twenty or so years, mostly in London and Yorkshire. In my experience, plenty of people, mostly those who have never been to Liverpool, have derogatory things to say about the place and its people. Have you never had tired Scouse cliches aimed at you? I have, and quite often. I’m not offended though. I just let them on get on with it .

I have heard it, but living darn sarf it's mostly about the north in general.  Backward, unwashed thick people whose translation of 'quinoa' is 'chips'.  Cuts me to the quick, it does.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Moo said:

This.

Even in a business sense it's happened more than once, probably too many times to count, where someone has heard my accent and "jokingly" questioned my trustworthiness. 

If you don't have the accent (Stringvest?) maybe you don't see and hear it as much because they don't know you're the target audience.

I've been living outside Liverpool for longer (almost 30 years) than I lived in it.  I still have the accent.  I do hear it, but not in a business context - that wouldn't be acceptable.  I have stereotypical views of people who live in other cities, and I'm not afraid to air them in the right place.  I've spent most of my working life in London, and there is often a disdain for northerners generally - far more than for scousers in particular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worked all over the country and done my fair share of turning the other cheek, sometimes it doesn’t turn. Dislike being called a Scouser which is my preference if anyone does no problem from me. 
Bin dippers? Is the new hubcaps which are really wheel trims. Tits!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

Andy Burnham, Steve Rotherham pushing this.

 

Ezfhxk-SWYAA5-H4-Y.jpg

 

 

 

 

If the unicorn that they've arrived on comes good within the next 20 years, then whoopee-doo.  I'll sign it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stringvest said:

If the unicorn that they've arrived on comes good within the next 20 years, then whoopee-doo.  I'll sign it. 

Be as snide about it as you want, Old Timer, but in an effort to be a populist twat yesterday, Johnson inadvertently opened the door ajar. Now is as good a time as any to try and push through it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, navbasi said:

Milan ultras, Curva Sud, with a powerful message: 

 

“Football did belong to the people until the 90s, when Champions League was born, destroying the old European Cup. From that moment, an unbreachable chasm has been created between the big and small clubs" 

 

“Football did belong to the people even when nobody lifted a finger to stop the increase of ticket prices that was imposed by some Presidents". 

 

“Football did belong to the people even when nobody stepped in to stop the rise of the super agents, who took player salaries to astronomical figures, which could only be sustained with TV rights, the same TV companies that imposed increasingly chaotic fixture lists" 

 

“Football did belong to the people even when rules were imposed to stop any rapport between the players and the fans.” 

 

“Football did belong to the people even when Supercoppa Finals were played on other continents or the dates of some games were changed a few days before kick-off, damaging those fans who had booked trains or planes to get to the stadium.” 

 

“Football did belong to the people even when some clubs were allowed to circumvent Financial Fair Play, while others with less influential Presidents were penalised.” 

 

“Football did belong to the people even when the World Cup was forced to Qatar in 2022, despite moving the entire calendar and disregarding human rights violations.” 

 

“The Super League is just the latest disgusting step, but those who took football to this point are no less grotesque, so save us these ludicrous performances of rhetoric and morality.” 

 

“Now that the money is running out, feel free to fight it out between yourselves, but don’t you dare name the fans. PIGS!” 

Superb stuff. Every word of it true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Be as snide about it as you want, Old Timer, but in an effort to be a populist twat yesterday, Johnson inadvertently opened the door ajar. Now is as good a time as any to try and push through it.

I'm not being snide about it at all, young shaver, I'm just slightly cynical that they can bring capitalism to it's knees in this way.  I've already signed it btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

I’m one. I didnt really care for the idea but it’s preferable to watching us now slide into mediocrity, and we will, while honest competitors like City and Chelsea and probably soon Newcastle hoover up title after title and to be perfectly honest the outpouring of nauseous hypocrisy from the likes of rat boy, Sly, the PL and EUFA desperate to keep their filthy snouts in the trough made me actually warm to the idea

 

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter.

 

I'm not exactly heartbroken that it's all gone up in smoke, but I'm genuinely mystified at why people are celebrating the demise of our final chance to compete with City like pigs in slop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • - Vi blev præsenteret for to muligheder. Kampen skulle spilles færdig i aften (lørdag, red.) eller søndag kl. 12.00. - Det var totalt uoverskueligt for spillerne at tage hjem på hotellet, ikke sove hele natten og så starte bussen for at køre tilbage søndag og spille kampen færdig. - Helt ærligt handlede det om at få det overstået. Det var, hvad spillerne valgte sammen, siger en meget bevæget Kasper Hjulmand på pressemødet efter nederlaget.
        -> We got 2 choices. The game should be finished tonight or tomorrow Sunday at 12. 
      it wasn’t something the team could face to go back to the hotel, not sleep all night and then start the bus to get back here and play n Sunday. 
      to tell you the truth, we just wanted to get it over with. That was what the players chose. Says Kasper Hjulmand at the press conference after the defeat. 
        those was his exact words. 
    • Every national FA involved should sign a letter of condemnation of UEFA’s behaviour. They need a shot across the bows.
    • Sorry, Joseph, but it’s the very definition of being pressurised.
      Sorry you’ve all just stood and watched a team mate effectively collapse, to all intents and purposes die, and be resuscitated on the pitch, but if you can either just finish it now or by 12 tomorrow then that’s good for us.   the last sentence is a very diplomatic way of saying their heads were fucked. And why wouldn’t they be. They’d just gone through a very traumatic situation and were being told “yeah, sorry to hear that but just get on with it.”
    • VPN......I think the Opera Browser has one built in
    • I wouldn't be able to get ITV in Australia I don't think.
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Now

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×