TheDrowningMan

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

6 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

This is garbage.  It's not anti-competetive, they just haven't announced how other clubs qualify. 

If 75% of the participants are guaranteed participation regardless of performance, that absolutely is anti-competitive.

I don’t known what is so hard to understand with this. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Interesting. I can see FSG looking to get out of Dodge if 'we' do withdraw. 

And replaced by? Someone who wants to throw away a billion pounds in pursuit of Man City? Perhaps a Saudi Prince, or China? And then we can go back to this competitive utopia...

Stick a fork in me, I'm done. 

European Football is special because you've done the graft and built the team that gets you into the champions league! That is why it means something. 

We all shrugged when Brad Pitt shagged Angelina Jolie, but if it was me - you'd all be well impressed! Brad can shag anyone he wants, I would have achieved something by shagging Angelina. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Personally think that is just orchestrated waffle by the papers. The wail is saying city and chelsea likely to crack first etc.

We still haven't pulled out of the ECA have we? 

15 minutes ago, Jockey said:

I can see someone pointing out how troublesome thousands of angry scouse Liverpool fans can be. Try selling £200 tickets to Asian day trippers when the City centre is awash with Ket Wigs burning anything in a Liverpool shirt! 

Not just aimed at you mate but this type of shit infuriates me.  Carragher was at it last night talking about angry Liverpool fans, how they’d “smash the ground down” and have the owners “out in a week.” We got Cancer and Aids out of our club with a coordinated attack on the areas that would hurt them most and no damage was caused to anyone or any property.  This cunt of a country already has a warped view that we’re angry hooligans and language like yours there and Carragher’s last night just enforce it. 

11 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

And replaced by? Someone who wants to throw away a billion pounds in pursuit of Man City? Perhaps a Saudi Prince, or China? And then we can go back to this competitive utopia...

Stick a fork in me, I'm done. 

Well that's the thing isn't it. Who comes in there place? Out of the frying into the fire...?

3 minutes ago, elBooth said:

Not just aimed at you mate but this type of shit infuriates me.  Carragher was at it last night talking about angry Liverpool fans, how they’d “smash the ground down” and have the owners “out in a week.” We got Cancer and Aids out of our club with a coordinated attack on the areas that would hurt them most and no damage was caused to anyone or any property.  This cunt of a country already has a warped view that we’re angry hooligans and language like yours there and Carragher’s last night just enforce it. 

No worries mate, I totally understand where you are coming from - I did try to make it as flippant as possible. But, I tend to disagree - Carragher's language aside - there is an element of truth in that. This feels like a distinct attack on traditional fans and a concerted effort from the owners to make us irrelevant - I can't see Anfield/Liverpool being a particularly welcoming place if this all goes ahead. 

Thing with Hicks and Gillet - we didn't get them out, the banks wanted their money back! Broughton wanted RBS's money - that was why he was appointed. If we were dealing with Hicks and Gillett - I am not sure we would have gotten rid of them. 

39 minutes ago, index1000 said:

That's every league that exists or has existed. The number of fans who travel to every European game like your romanticised version here is a handful. Most go to the odd game and will want a trip to Spain , Itally Germany (and yes they will fucking join despite the holier than though from Bayern) rather than Midtjylland or some other minnow.

Football Changed along time ago. That version in our memory's doesn't exist anymore if it ever did. 

Where was Nevilles outrage when ManU became a listed business? When Newcastle were denied access to the Big 6, didn't want a fair share then did he?.

The Premier league did to the EFL what these guys are doing now. Its funny that all the cunts who are creaming in the $$$ now are the ones screaming the loudest about the sanctity of the game.

If nothing else watching Neville shit his pants live on Sky Sports (the home of Football my fucking arse) was the best thing they have had on in Months.

I used to go everywhere. I enjoyed the different places. Sure the tourist stadia are good to visit too, but I much preferred a trip to Turkey, Bulgaria or something much more. But it's not just the travel, it can become the same thing, like going on holiday to the same place every year - going to play the same team can start to have that feel. And in this new pile of shite, we get to be in a competition of just 20 teams and go to "Europe" with 5 in England. It's just fucking dull. 

2 minutes ago, Jockey said:

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/how-the-uk-visa-system-could-scupper-the-super-league/ - concerted effort to throw us out of the PL - would mean this has a chance to scupper any chances. 

Yeah good luck with that when the 14 Premier League clubs are allowed visas but the 6 arent. No discrimination or anti competitive forces at work there. The courts would overturn that in a flash.

Of course the 'ban' could apply to all PL clubs, who's that going to hurt again?

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I used to go everywhere. I enjoyed the different places. Sure the tourist stadia are good to visit too, but I much preferred a trip to Turkey, Bulgaria or something much more. But it's not just the travel, it can become the same thing, like going on holiday to the same place every year - going to play the same team can start to have that feel. And in this new pile of shite, we get to be in a competition of just 20 teams and go to "Europe" with 5 in England. It's just fucking dull. 

The Champions League is like that now though. You tend to get the same teams - the Pot 4 teams are really the only ones that tend to be any different - but once you get into the knockout stages - out of 16 you have PSG, Madrid, Barca, Athletic, Juve, Munich, City, Sevilla, Porto, each and every year. 

As I said earlier, the much vaunted German model has led to Munich winning 8 straight league titles and basically the only time they were challenged they went in and bought the 3 best players from Dortmund. And Dortmund's business models seems to be pretty much buy young players, and sell them on. Rinse and repeat. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah good luck with that when the 14 Premier League clubs are allowed visas but the 6 arent. No discrimination or anti competitive forces at work there. The courts would overturn that in a flash.

Of course the 'ban' could apply to all PL clubs, who's that going to hurt again?

Would they? These are government issued permits - the rules are in place and as the Govt is opposed to the breakaway they certainly won't be changing it. If we are not within the FA - then we can't get permits. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. Also, I wouldn't be so quick to suggest this Government is particularly concerned over the rule of law. They've proven that time and time again. 

Just now, Jockey said:

Would they? These are government issued permits - the rules are in place and as the Govt is opposed to the breakaway they certainly won't be changing it. If we are not within the FA - then we can't get permits. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. Also, I wouldn't be so quick to suggest this Government is particularly concerned over the rule of law. They've proven that time and time again. 

What, the same courts that found the Government had illegally used the 'royal perogative' to disband Parliament, you mean?

Im mean knock yourself out if you think some half arsed lawyer jumping the Euro League debate is onto a winner with this. The 14 clubs wont eject the 6 despite what the papers may want to tell you.

4 minutes ago, Jockey said:

The Champions League is like that now though. You tend to get the same teams - the Pot 4 teams are really the only ones that tend to be any different - but once you get into the knockout stages - out of 16 you have PSG, Madrid, Barca, Athletic, Juve, Munich, City, Sevilla, Porto, each and every year. 

As I said earlier, the much vaunted German model has led to Munich winning 8 straight league titles and basically the only time they were challenged they went in and bought the 3 best players from Dortmund. And Dortmund's business models seems to be pretty much buy young players, and sell them on. Rinse and repeat. 

I don't argue once you get to the last 16 it's predictable, but this thing is 20 clubs total. And never, ever changing. So a couple of years back Ajax built a good team, PSV have had a few over the last 20 years. Spurs (although I realise they have an invite) got to the final for 1st time ever. Ukraine clubs have had a go at times. Monaco and Marseille at different times have made good contributions to this competition, so it does and has changed. That's all over if the ESL clubs get their way. 

I do agree the money in the CL has dulled domestic football in many countries, but I'm not sure how this plan solves that, the teams wish to stay in their domestic leagues and it would be a surprise if it goes ahead Munich don't end up in it. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't argue once you get to the last 16 it's predictable, but this thing is 20 clubs total. And never, ever changing. So a couple of years back Ajax built a good team, PSV have had a few over the last 20 years. Spurs (although I realise they have an invite) got to the final for 1st time ever. Ukraine clubs have had a go at times. Monaco and Marseille at different times have made good contributions to this competition, so it does and has changed. That's all over if the ESL clubs get their way. 

I do agree the money in the CL has dulled domestic football in many countries, but I'm not sure how this plan solves that, the teams wish to stay in their domestic leagues and it would be a surprise if it goes ahead Munich don't end up in it. 

This plan doesn't solve it. It simply side-steps the problems. If you think the problems are 'how can we make more money'. 

I think if these 12 were forced to go ahead - then I do think other clubs would follow. How easy would it be to add in another Italian team, another Spanish team? Eastern European football is riddled with massive, historic clubs. It is a horrible thought. 

Im playing my cards close to my chest until I hear what the following people think on the subject-

Barry Fry

Piers Morgan

Bono

Danny Dyer

Roy Hodgson

Alan Sugar

Idris Elba

Neil Lennon  

Nice to see moral high horse FC have memory lapses.

In 1990, the managing director of London Weekend Television (LWT), Greg Dyke, met with the representatives of the "big five" football clubs in England (Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, Everton and Arsenal) over a dinner.[26] The meeting was to pave the way for a breakaway from The Football League.[27] Dyke believed that it would be more lucrative for LWT if only the larger clubs in the country were featured on national television and wanted to establish whether the clubs would be interested in a larger share of television rights money.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Im playing my cards close to my chest until I hear what the following people think on the subject-

Barry Fry

Piers Morgan

Bono

Danny Dyer

Roy Hodgson

Alan Sugar

Idris Elba

Neil Lennon  

Piers Morgan will just blame Megan Markle.

My prediction: The ESL will hopefully be doomed to failure, but as a result FSG will go into full sulk mode and we'll end up with nowhere near enough investment in players while they wait a couple of years for a sale. Manchester City and even Chelsea will pull further ahead of us for obvious reasons. We'll end up badly damaged by this one way or another, and not just reputationally. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

My prediction: The ESL will hopefully be doomed to failure, but as a result FSG will go into full sulk mode and we'll end up with nowhere near enough investment in players while they wait a couple of years for a sale. Manchester City and even Chelsea will pull further ahead of us for obvious reasons. We'll end up badly damaged by this one way or another, and not just reputationally. 

Sadly, I think you may be right.

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I reckon the whole thing will be dead in the water by the weekend and it'll push the button on FSG looking to sell up. 

27 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Barry Fry

Piers Morgan

Bono

Danny Dyer

Roy Hodgson

Alan Sugar

Idris Elba

Neil Lennon  

Good post, I think we can all agree that Bono's views are particularly critical here.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I reckon the whole thing will be dead in the water by the weekend and it'll push the button on FSG looking to sell up. 

They'll sell us off piece by piece or rather they already are and keep a decent stake for themselves.