Quantcast
New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up - Page 34 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
TheDrowningMan

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

4 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

What did he say? 

Just that he doesn't know all the details but he stands by what he said in 2019. Wants football to be competitive etc. 

1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

They’re among the top ten most valuable clubs in the world, so obviously they’re in it. 

If it was about sporting merit they wouldn’t be in it I guess. 

This is also at the source of why this is happening. Because the Premier League has managed to beef the value of mediocre clubs like Spurs way above even those like Inter, Milan & Atletico. Many of the old European giants need this to get onto an equal revenue footing with the big English clubs.

Watching Sky puppets crow about greed undoing the game is like entering some sick bizzaro upside-down world.

This has been played out many times in school yards over the decades, it's when the big boys go and steal the ball from the little kids and go and play their own game. It's as simple as that.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just that he doesn't know all the details but he stands by what he said in 2019. Wants football to be competitive etc. 

That means Citeh et al need their spending curbing right? If only there was some kind of financial plan to bring them in line. You know a bit of fair play for all teams.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

The telling thing for me was when he said Liverpool is more than the club (he meant owners you could see he was choosing his words) it's about the fans they make the club.

6 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

What did he say? 

He effectively said that people are dreaming if they don't think UEFA/FIFA are driven by greed with their constant desire to enlarge competitions and play more games even when figures in the game like Klopp resist. I think he spoke well: he didn't castigate the idea. Said that competitiveness needs to be maintained but also that yes, the management of the game has to change track from where its been headed.

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

This is also at the source of why this is happening. Because the Premier League has managed to beef the value of mediocre clubs like Spurs way above even those like Inter, Milan & Atletico. Many of the old European giants need this to get onto an equal revenue footing with the big English clubs.

Watching Sky puppets crow about greed undoing the game is like entering some sick bizzaro upside-down world.

Not even club's spurs size. Before they were relegated last season and when fans were allowed in stadium, I read Bournemouth had more income than one of the Milan clubs having a stadium that only housed 12,000 or so fans.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Not even club's spurs size. Before they were relegated last season and when fans were allowed in stadium, I read Bournemouth had more income than one of the Milan clubs having a stadium that only housed 12,000 or so fans.

Yup. The biggest pigs at this trough have been, and continue to be, the middle-English sporting non-entities and Sky/media companies who have grown fat and plump from the prestige of the leading sides. Fuck them all.

2 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

The telling thing for me was when he said Liverpool is more than the club (he meant owners you could see he was choosing his words) it's about the fans they make the club.

It is to him, and to many of us. The problem is that to >80% of our so called global fan base it’s a different story. Which makes the business case pretty straight forward. 

Monday Night Football is like Pravda here. 

We've been saying for years that football will eat itself due to the greed. Well here it is Sky, FA, Uefa, and its on you. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, KevieG said:

We've been saying for years that football will eat itself due to the greed. Well here it is Sky, FA, Uefa, and its on you. 

Yeah and Parish presenting himself as a paragon of footballing virtue. Makes me want to vomit.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, KevieG said:

Never seen anything like it. This cockney airhead Steve Parish theyve got on now is just desperate for his cut. They're trawling them all out tonight.

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

Let's see how furious they are if Sky buy the TV rights.

The faux outrage is that they know they're being cut loose.

It'll be clubs selling games rights individually and colectively selling highlights, magazine shows, previews etc under the brand.

4 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Never seen anything like it. This cockney airhead Steve Parish theyve got on now is just desperate for his cut. They're trawling them all out tonight.

Sky have been double crossed. 

They are throwing the kitchen sink at it here but I don't think these cunt Americans really care what Gary Neville and Steve Parish think

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

The faux outrage is that they know they're being cut loose.

It'll be clubs selling games rights individually and colectively selling highlights, magazine shows, previews etc under the brand.

True. 

Neville acting like a bitter ex-wife here, even moreso than Carragher.

To date, the only people i have seen that are keen on this are foreign fans. 

One Arsenal fan was bemoaning Arsenal having to play someone like Slavia Prague, when there are teams like Real Madrid out there. An Inter Milan fan from China was delighted, while asking, Crotone, who?

Rent-a-quotes coming out from under all the stones and behind the woodwork. 

I don’t agree with this, but the hypocrisy coming from all angles is sickening.

Anyone remember Kerry Packer? He led a breakaway league in cricket in the 70’s :-

“Packer was famously quoted from a 1976 meeting with the Australian Cricket Board, with whom he met to negotiate the rights to televise cricket. According to witnesses, he said: "There is a little bit of the whore in all of us, gentlemen. What is your price?"”

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if behind all the outrage and pontificating going on, there hasn’t already been secret meetings to iron out a compromise.