You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

37 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

More on his feed from the government or should I say "the people's government". We went from winning the league to being demoted to the 5th tier. 

That says nothing apart from we want to be seen to be doing somthing so please vote for us, but really we can't do fuckall.

'Oh, the football review involving fans and overseas ownership that was a manifesto promise?....Oh, look a scrounger doing somthing scroungy...'

Rinse and repeat, it's their way.

21 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Gary Neville has dubbed tonight's match as Leeds vrs Greed according to sky news, rat faced ugly looking cock sucking twat.

The super league is a nonsense period but its the moral high horse bandwagon led by G Nev i cant abide raging at football greed while working for SKY fook right off

• Upvote 1

I'm not shocked by this news, honestly. It's just another part of what we are seeing now in the world in general, a gigantic power-grab exploiting fear of a pandemic to destroy competition and hand total control over to the stakeholders. Independence and democracy gone and big business taking the reins in every decision.

It started with fans being locked out of stadiums for over a year with no way back to normal put forward, just a "new normal", and this is simply the next step. If we stay on this road the sport and the club we all know and love is going to resemble a North Korean rally more than anything.

Unpopular opinion I know. Rip me to shreds and call me a tinfoil nutter if you like, but that's what I see. The latest step in a bid to prohibit the plebs from having any involvement in the football clubs they love. Maybe they can buy some merch if they like, and they'll of course be able to tune in to watch the Super League via their Sly Sports subscription.

It's a line in the sand for me, if fans are no longer allowed have any involvement whatsoever and we are inventing silly competitions out of pure greed I don't give a shit any more.

31 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

If the government are going to fuck about part-nationalising football clubs while social housing is non-existent and Royal Mail, water, energy and telecommunications (with the NHS invariably on its way) remain entirely in the hands of overseas firms and / or their profit scoffing rich friends, they are even more despicable than I thought, and that’s saying something.

Fucking bollocks, isnt it? Government spitting feathers over football, where were you cunts in 1989, eh? Blaming us for a disaster in a dilapidated football ground, that's fucking where.

Just seen some cunt reporter on the torygraph. Kick the 6 clubs out of the PL, he says. It might make it more interesting and give lesser clubs a chance to win the league or compete in Europe!

Fucking logic and sporting integrity is utterly lost on these balloons. If the 6 clubs are competing in a separate Euro League, then the 'lesser teams' you're championing will be in the Champions League. What's not to like? Oh, they wont have the chance to play the Milan clubs, Juve, real etc? But you said you wanted lesser clubs to have the chance to play in it but now the condition is better clubs have to move aside or be sanctioned to permit your lesser clubs to have a free run?

Where the fuck is your 'sporting integrity' in your model now?

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Shouldnt you, miguel and the Government be more concerned about the lack of NHS dentistry rather than Government sanction against 6 clubs in a supposed free market?

Fucking bizarre you keep posting the pro government shite.

I'll post what I like, ta. You are free to add your comments but stop with the whining. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

But they cheered Leeds when Ridsdale was spending like a drunken sailor on shore leave. Hey ho.

1 minute ago, Denny Crane said:

I'll post what I like, ta. You are free to add your comments but stop with the whining. 

Im not whining. Neither am I posting pro Government going to do this and fuck football clubs off like some are. Truely bizarre.

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Shouldnt you, miguel and the Government be more concerned about the lack of NHS dentistry rather than Government sanction against 6 clubs in a supposed free market?

Fucking bizarre you keep posting the pro government shite.

Miguel's a sports reporter, to be fair. And one of the few who's been consistently critical of the Man City "project". 

Agree about the Tory cunts, of course... 

UEFA spectacularly refused to apply FFP enabling what has happened yesterday. If it is going to happen best to be one of the founding members. Remember the start of the IPL who wants to play in that , missing test matches blah blah blah.  It’s brilliant. Hope we win the inaugural season.

As much as I hate the concept of this, uefa are looking a bit silly to be honest FIFA and uefa  and the PL have been fleecing the game for years, and look at the way they miss handed the man city fair play investigation ,  FIFAs corruption is unpredcidented,just a continuation of footballs dimise

Guest Alex_K

Sky and all associated pundits have a conflict of interest as DAZN are poised to sweep a significant share of their most lucrative market. Always amusing to see condemnation of one set of propogandists while entirely falling hook, line & sinker for another.