You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

40 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think it is a shot across the various association's bows with regards to tv money shares etc. and will fizzle out when they are met half way.

I agree. My bet is UEFA's own new CL format will be adopted with a few tweaks and there will be more  flexibility for individual  clubs to sell TV rights to games which aren't picked up by the broadcasters.   

51 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think it is a shot across the various association's bows with regards to tv money shares etc. and will fizzle out when they are met half way.

hit the nail on the head mate 

7 minutes ago, aws said:

I agree. My bet is UEFA's own new CL format will be adopted with a few tweaks and there will be more  flexibility for individual  clubs to sell TV rights to games which aren't picked up by the broadcasters.   

UEFAs own proposals for revamping the CL with more games and, shall we say 'established' European clubs always in the competition have been shot down by clubs and FAs around Europe so Im not convinced by this.

Sure there could be more negotiations but this is UEFA's 2nd or 3rd attempt to revamp the CL and get clubs on board.

I dont think this is just about money. I think the top clubs want more of a say in how things are run rather than nationals FA, UEFA and smaller clubs seemingly holding the whip hand and blocking almost every move.

9 minutes ago, aws said:

I've always said it should be down to the clubs to sort there own TV rights that way the bloody FA cant keep pissing about and changing game times etc. Also clubs in Europe should be given the option to opt out of the FA cup and or the league cup

FIFA and uefa can piss an moan all they like, without the mentioned teams none of their leagues would be worth a carrot, the prem without us, city, Chelsea, utd is a piss poor league Spain without Barca,Madrid is pointless the club's know this and as mentioned on here it's a shot across the bow for the governing bodies give us a say how the TV deals are negotiated and how sponsorship is handed around or we go on our own. Fair play why not us the club's standings around the world to make the club's more money and not have it pocketed by Uefa and FIFA.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Got to laugh at UEFA, the FA and the Premier League going on about fairness, integrity and sporting merit.

Basically it's taking money off them and they don't like it.

That's my view not that I'm a fan of this, the CL itself is a corruption of sporting integrity that disproportionately rewards the elite teams and rakes in a huge amount for UEFA. It's led to finishing in the top 4 being more important than winning a domestic trophy.

Let's not forget that the Premier League is the original breakaway super league that disenfranchised the rest of English football. I haven't heard Sky, the mancs or Neville complaining too much about that. It was always going to lead to the elite European teams outgrowing UEFA and the Premiership.

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

UEFAs own proposals for revamping the CL with more games and, shall we say 'established' European clubs always in the competition have been shot down by clubs and FAs around Europe so Im not convinced by this.

Sure there could be more negotiations but this is UEFA's 2nd or 3rd attempt to revamp the CL and get clubs on board.

I dont think this is just about money. I think the top clubs want more of a say in how things are run rather than nationals FA, UEFA and smaller clubs seemingly holding the whip hand and blocking almost every move.

One way of getting the "non-elite" clubs and the FAs on board with the UEFA plan is to present them with something worse which they will have no influence over. 

If UEFA and the Prem had had the wit and commitment to enforce FFP then I suspect none of this would have been necessary. 

Terrific from Gary Neville.

The FA, UEFA and FIFA are horrible bastards. Our owners and anyone that supports this within the game are worse.

We have always been shat on as a city and as a football club. Good luck getting tickets for Barca, AC or Real. Good luck with a season ticket. Now it isn't the Tories or our media only shitting on us, but the owners of our club.

I don't feel very patriotic. In fact I normally cheer against England after they get out of the group, but fair play to any of our lads who fuck us off or the other clubs to continue playing for their country.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

FIFA and uefa can piss an moan all they like, without the mentioned teams none of their leagues would be worth a carrot, the prem without us, city, Chelsea, utd is a piss poor league Spain without Barca,Madrid is pointless the club's know this and as mentioned on here it's a shot across the bow for the governing bodies give us a say how the TV deals are negotiated and how sponsorship is handed around or we go on our own. Fair play why not us the club's standings around the world to make the club's more money and not have it pocketed by Uefa and FIFA.

I have to smile sometimes when our fans say FSG are cunts. They might be but end of the day you have Ceferin, before him Platini at UEFA, Davies, Dyke and the other cunts at the FA not to mention mike riley and his fucking clowns of PGMOL fucking us over time and time again.

Oh, and if fat cunt martin samuel is spitting feathers over this after the bullshit he comes out with about owners should be able to spend an oil nation's wealth into a top club without sanction, Im fully in.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I don't feel very patriotic. In fact I normally cheer against England after they get out of the group, but fair play to any of our lads who fuck us off or the other clubs to continue playing for their country.

No one would do that. Despite the threats, FIFA banning players would just lead to the World Cup being rendered effectively meaningless by a new international competition. 

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I have to smile sometimes when our fans say FSG are cunts. They might be but end of the day you have Ceferin, before him Platini at UEFA, Davies, Dyke and the other cunts at the FA not to mention mike riley and his fucking clowns of PGMOL fucking us over time and time again.

And our membership of the unofficial cabal of elite European clubs pre-dates FSG by a long time. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, clangers said:

That's my view not that I'm a fan of this, the CL itself is a corruption of sporting integrity that disproportionately rewards the elite teams and rakes in a huge amount for UEFA. Let's not forget that the Premier League is the original breakaway super league that disenfranchised the rest of English football. I haven't heard Sky, the mancs or Neville complaining too much about that. It was always going to lead to the elite European teams outgrowing UEFA and the Premiership.

Agreed, the premier League weren't arsed when they cut away from the football league. FIFA and uefa hold and have held to much power for decades they are two of the most corrupt governing bodies in the world (Blatter and Platini show that). Like every other business (like it or not that's what our club and football in general is now) it's all about who / what can make you more money as in all aspects of life unfortunately the rich get richer the poor get poorer these clubs and probably the club's who jump on board soon want more of a say about TV deals, sponsorship prize money ect and this is their play for power personally I don't think it will come off but they will all get a bigger say from now on.

• Upvote 1

The super league is coming in one form or another, and we need to be there. Probably no point moaning about football not being the same any more, that ship sailed in 1993. I don't like it as much anymore but I'm still here. 

Newcastle, Everton, Villa and formerly big clubs will be fucked over in the near future as well. Couldn't care less about them

• Upvote 1