You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

Just now, Bjornebye said:

You're having a pop at Gary Neville for doing his job despite just being an employee of Sky and not a decision maker yet here you are defending the players who are employed by the clubs directly pushing this breakaway league? 

That isn't a relevant to this point really. The original point was that wages were high and that it was linked to ticket prices. I disagree with that - I think wages are high because of TV deals and commercial aspects. Ticket prices could easily be reduced without lowering wages. 

1 minute ago, Jockey said:

He was playing to the gallery - without an ounce of self-reflection! Sorry, but I disagree with you. Sky have been parasites for too long and failing to acknowledge that is disingenuous. 

He wasn't but yeah your entitled to your opinion. Calling him out and then defending players, you're all over the place and haven't got a fucking clue what you are talking about on this matter. 

Just now, Jockey said:

That isn't a relevant to this point really. The original point was that wages were high and that it was linked to ticket prices. I disagree with that - I think wages are high because of TV deals and commercial aspects. Ticket prices could easily be reduced without lowering wages. 

It is!!!!! Fucking hell 

6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I wish we could all just stop this madness and think of people like Ian Holloway who’s had his weekend ruined by this breakaway ....Selfish bastards 

“Talk about sadness, I don’t know about you, but I spent time watching the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral at the weekend and for the first time in a long time I was really proud to be British and this morning that’s just gone away"

What a fucking wanker and a grossly misleading context to put this in. 

Idiots like Holloway are the reason this is happening. Holloway is as far removed from elite football as you can get, and yet there he was taking money for himself from the tree that he did nothing, NOTHING, to help nourish and blossom.  

His grossly distorted PL salary paid for by the big clubs. And what did he do?  Parked the bus, tried to stop decent football being played, trying to drag teams down to his level, enabled by sympathetic referees.  

This whole thing is being described to the public by fucking imbeciles, like Brexit is, and that's no coincidence.  

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He wasn't but yeah your entitled to your opinion. Calling him out and then defending players, you're all over the place and haven't got a fucking clue what you are talking about on this matter. 

Come off it! They are two separate points. You are defending him - because he has told you what you want to hear and you never bothered questioning whether he is the right person to say so - Boris Johnson is also criticising these moves as well, do you not think he is a bit of a hypocrite as well? I never criticised what he has earned, or how much he is worth so quite why you are conflating the two points is beyond me. 

Players wages is always the first point that people throw up when they criticise greed in football. Sky are making billions off the premier league rights - so forgive me if I don't think criticising what working class lads earn, is the issue in the cost of ticket prices. 

4 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Come off it! They are two separate points. You are defending him - because he has told you what you want to hear and you never bothered questioning whether he is the right person to say so - Boris Johnson is also criticising these moves as well, do you not think he is a bit of a hypocrite as well? I never criticised what he has earned, or how much he is worth so quite why you are conflating the two points is beyond me. 

Players wages is always the first point that people throw up when they criticise greed in football. Sky are making billions off the premier league rights - so forgive me if I don't think criticising what working class lads earn, is the issue in the cost of ticket prices. 

So what should he have done then?! Fucking garbage mate he is spot on with what he said and he's shown bollocks by coming out so passionately about it. It his job as a pundit ffs. How can't you get that into your head? Is it because he's Gary Neville? 

I don't give a fuck about their wages but you defending them for having their nose in the trough (and trust me players are as greedy as anyone in the game) yet on the same note have a pop at Gary Neville for voicing his opinion because he works for SKY? 

Imagine not being in another European cup final. Who the fuck are FSG to just decide that for us. I'm not arsed about the whole greed arguement the hypocrisy is beyond belief especially from sky who have never given one fuck about how their decisions impact fans. To be in a European competition every year without having to qualify feels soulless to me and thats the arguement never mind no European cup. If fsg want a business model with less risk then get the fuck out of football.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

What would the position have been if the clubs were named and we weren’t amongst them? 

You can't ask hypocrites that question. The Blues kicking off about it calling our club scum etc for signing up would be the same cunts who would fucking love the roles to be reversed. Scruffy trophyless inbred mutant cunts 

Just now, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Where do you think ticket increases go?

"Where does the money go? If all clubs in the Premier League increased ticket prices by 50% – where would the extra revenue go? It would essentially go on inflating players / managers wages and transfer prices "

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/16096/economics/are-premier-league-football-ticket-prices-too-high/

Hmm - not sure about the argument. Wouldn't that be the case if the TV rights were increased by 50% as well. I am not disputing the increase in players wages is linked to the increase in money in football. But, I think TV rights and commercial activity are more likely to be cause of that than ticket prices. 

Not saying you are wrong, but I'm inclined to look at TV first. Ticket prices could be reduced tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

What would the position have been if the clubs were named and we weren’t amongst them? 

Love how John Henry, the sly bastard let a few of the others like the Glazers take the hit and he hides in the background. If you're going to be a dickhead, at least front up. 

@Bjornebye - did you see the bit where Neville basically said that people on the streets of Liverpool are supposed to be about looking after their own but that's gone now? Can't believe for one second you would agree with that, seeing as the club is owned by fucking hedge fund cunts and not scousers.

If this actually goes through then i'm 100% walking away from it, I want nothing to do with this shit any more.

3 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

They all go hand in hand, did you see ticket prices go down when we got more money via TV or the extra seats?

No they never, fair point. I think of the away tickets - I only pay £30 now, for years we got hammered. 

9 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Love how John Henry, the sly bastard let a few of the others like the Glazers take the hit and he hides in the background. If you're going to be a dickhead, at least front up. 

It is interesting how this story is being reported outside of England. There is barely a mention of Liverpool and almost every report has the project driven by Real Madrid, United and Juventus - in that order. It is Perez' baby and has been for a decade.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Has sky pulled transmission of our game tonight, yet? Maybe the sky cameras will just focus on the leeds play and that cunt tyler will just mention the leeds players by name and celebrate loudly if they manage to score while blanking us?

That’s just what he’d normally do anyway.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Brownie said:

@Bjornebye - did you see the bit where Neville basically said that people on the streets of Liverpool are supposed to be about looking after their own but that's gone now? Can't believe for one second you would agree with that, seeing as the club is owned by fucking hedge fund cunts and not scousers.

If this actually goes through then i'm 100% walking away from it, I want nothing to do with this shit any more.

No I haven't seen that but I saw him earlier and thought he was absolutely spot on. Also said he's been part of a lobby against this for the last year. 

Nice to see uefa really are the bastions of the game who only have the best interests of the “fans” at heart ..

100 extra games to go alongside all those pointless internationals 

OFFICIAL: UEFA confirm the new Champions League format from 2024/25:

36 teams (up from 32)

No groups — 1 league

10-match first phase

100 additional games