Quantcast
New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up - Page 21 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
TheDrowningMan

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

Recommended Posts

I think this was always the logical step that was going to happen once UEFA expanded the European Cup. Every expansion was done to delay the Super League. Easier for teams to qualify, more European games guaranteed every season etc. 

 

I am also in agreement about FFP, the old clubs are happy to use their status and history, knowing they can generate more income and keep themselves ahead of the curve but when anyone state can come in and outspend everyone without control then they are always going to kick off. FFP was introduced to prevent this, it wasn't enforced so this for me became inevitable. 

 

Having said all of the above doesn't mean I support the ESL but I can see the clubs logic. UEFA are going to extend the CL, again to delay the ESL, but it seems not enough. 

I would argue most Liverpool fans are opposed to the continual expansion of the CL and games, despite Istanbul, but to me this ESL is just a different way of doing it. 

 

 

However, listening to UEFA, Premier League, FA, ex players, BBC/SKY/BT pundits calling out concern for fans is the same as hearing Tories showing concern for poor people, and they can fuck themselves as well. 

I just watched an 8 minute piece on BBC, from MOTD last night;

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56796582

 

This could have been recorded anytime in the last 20 years. Talking about the joy of playing in the F.A. Cup and how important fans are. 

All Semis at Wembley, can't get public transport home due to late kick off. All about the fans. 

Weird and wonderful kick off times, only about 40% of tickets available, all about the fans. 

 

All the people in Government now calling for fan ownership, nothing to do with populism, are the same shower of cunts who are opposed to water nationalisation because that is not a necessity. Cunts 

  • Upvote 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of the joy many on here are expressing at the hypocritical outrage by the likes of Sky, Gary Neville, the Premier League, etc, this is the death knell for top level football and us a club.

 

No relegation, invitations for jabroni clubs like Spurs and serial failures like Milan, no more European Cup, a closed cartel soley for the purpose of making even more obscene amounts of money.

 

People can justify it however they want but if it goes through, I want no more to do with Liverpool FC or top level football in general. 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah this is dowden who essentially said wealthy clubs should bail out the whole football pyramid while his colleagues awarded themselves or friends of friends big fat covid contracts. He can get to fuck with his opinion.

He has no principled opinions and is merely opening his gob to appear to support the popular view that this is a bad thing for English football . I suspect Boris Johnson’s knowledge of the structure of European football would fit easily onto the back of a postage stamp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Em City said:

Regardless of the joy many on here are expressing at the hypocritical outrage by the likes of Sky, Gary Neville, the Premier League, etc, this is the death knell for top level football and us a club.

 

No relegation, invitations for jabroni clubs like Spurs and serial failures like Milan, no more European Cup, a closed cartel soley for the purpose of making even more obscene amounts of money.

 

People can justify it however they want but if it goes through, I want no more to do with Liverpool FC or top level football in general. 

 

Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant get my head around the enormity of it.

 

The current sponsorship deals for actual tournaments as well as individual clubs would have been based on the exposure of the Premier League and Champions League.

 

The Championship play off "richest game in football" becomes fairly meaningless. Parachute payments go out the window for those relegated.

 

TV Deals no longer getting the product they paid for- havent Amazon just spent billions getting the rights for more and more Premiership games in the coming seasons?   

   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If either Italy and Spain can block it and France and Germany don't join in, this is dead. Super league needs to destroy any chance of CL survival, if it is split in terms of interest and sponsors, TV deals, it is doomed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm done with FSG, want those cunts out of our club asap. This is a fucking disgrace.

 

They are trying to turn us into a franchise of the Super League rather than a football club with deep roots in the local area. They need to fuck right off and we need to fight this with everything we have.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The no relegation is a non topic for me, as I stated in my previous, I see the expansion of the CL as a way of delaying the ESL and effectively bring in no relegation/guaranteed qualification every year. 

 

That was how UEFA devised the system so the Real Madrid and Barcelona would be in the CL every year, not only league inners. The same for the big leagues in Europe, virtually guaranteed entry into the premier European competition every year. 

What stopped this in England ? Apart from us being shite, it was money. Chelsea and Man City bought their way into the top four, so FFP was introduced to once again mean the old guard were going to qualify every year. 

FFP failed, so the old guard decided to take control themselves. Despite how poor we have been this year and with the money clubs we are still very close to qualifying this year. Without the money clubs we would be guaranteed. 

 

This may not be what people want, I think we already play too many games in Europe and would prefer the CL to be purely knock out but what do UEFA/CLUBS care about fans, but it makes perfectly logical sense from people who run the club point of view  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I'm done with FSG, want those cunts out of our club asap. This is a fucking disgrace.

 

They are trying to turn us into a franchise of the Super League rather than a football club with deep roots in the local area. They need to fuck right off and we need to fight this with everything we have.

I agree they can fuck off, but they aren't the only ones pushing this, and if its happening I'd rather we were part of it.

Otherwise it's going to be a couple of decades down the line and we'll turn bitter about how the evil clubs have created a monopoly on the game and our only notable achievements are being a local club for local people, and born not manufactured etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Whether its bollocks, not sure, but reports each club will be given £3.5billion?

If thats the case then money will definitely talk 

I think it is £3.5bn to be shared amongst the founding members. So as it stands it is shared between 12 clubs. So £291.6m approximately just for signing up.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The no relegation is a non topic for me, as I stated in my previous, I see the expansion of the CL as a way of delaying the ESL and effectively bring in no relegation/guaranteed qualification every year. 

 

That was how UEFA devised the system so the Real Madrid and Barcelona would be in the CL every year, not only league inners. The same for the big leagues in Europe, virtually guaranteed entry into the premier European competition every year. 

What stopped this in England ? Apart from us being shite, it was money. Chelsea and Man City bought their way into the top four, so FFP was introduced to once again mean the old guard were going to qualify every year. 

FFP failed, so the old guard decided to take control themselves. Despite how poor we have been this year and with the money clubs we are still very close to qualifying this year. Without the money clubs we would be guaranteed. 

 

This may not be what people want, I think we already play too many games in Europe and would prefer the CL to be purely knock out but what do UEFA/CLUBS care about fans, but it makes perfectly logical sense from people who run the club point of view  

Hasnt that been driven by the owner of Juventus who didn't like the fact that little Atalanta got into the CL. Also Milan were still asking for a spot in the CL a few years back because they had won it 7 times yet were finishing outside the European spots a couple of seasons on the run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I agree they can fuck off, but they aren't the only ones pushing this, and if its happening I'd rather we were part of it.

Otherwise it's going to be a couple of decades down the line and we'll turn bitter about how the evil clubs have created a monopoly on the game and our only notable achievements are being a local club for local people, and born not manufactured etc. 

Nah, this isn't comparable to 1993 when we got left behind. This fundamentally changes everything.

 

1993 was a re-brand, this is a re-structure. League games mean nothing.

 

If it goes ahead, i'm done.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I'm done with FSG, want those cunts out of our club asap. This is a fucking disgrace.

 

They are trying to turn us into a franchise of the Super League rather than a football club with deep roots in the local area. They need to fuck right off and we need to fight this with everything we have.

I'm struggling with this - I've been fairly supportive of them, been reading a lot of criticism on here and elsewhere which I have thought was nonsense. But whilst I tend to agree with those above who are laughing at the hypocrisy of the situation and the greed -  today I am more fearful and angry at the changes. To remove the club from the City and have its roots as nothing more than a brand is not logical. Do they think we are going to be 'welcoming' to those 'future fans' when game time comes around? There will literally be a City of football fans feeling angry and helpless at their club dismissing their legacy and watching as the City is inundated with fans from all over the globe. That isn't going to end well. As supporters it doesn't matter where you come from - but, they won't be supporters they'll be usurpers. 

 

But - this is the American model of Franchise. I am struggling to see a way out - and I am struggling to see how this can end with us being allowed to continue playing in the league if they insist on going ahead with this move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Nah, this isn't comparable to 1993 when we got left behind. This fundamentally changes everything.

 

1993 was a re-brand, this is a re-structure. League games mean nothing.

 

If it goes ahead, i'm done.

Exactly, I don't get how people don't see the difference. If this was a rebellion of all clubs that normally play in the CL in order to create a new CL not fully controlled by the UEFA but by the clubs, that would be comparable to the PL. This is like PL top 6 breaking away and forming their own (closed) league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spare a thought for Klopp. A man who truly bought into Liverpool and Dortmunds history and relationship with the base and rallied against excess now has to conduct an interview where the club haven't fronted up. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this outrage  makes me laugh , there's isn't one of those greedy wankers in uefa who wouldn't take a 100k bung to pass over the  old big ears  to be  the new super League trophy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that their long term goal is more than a European Super League. I think it will be a World Super League with teams from North and South America, China India, Australia, Korea, Japan etc. They might try and turn it into a two division franchise with relegation and promotion or have a European section and a rest of world section with the top 4-8 in each section then playing each other to be world champion.

 

Not a chance, they don't try and have franchises in China, India, the US etc and they can get a few of the old South American royalty to add some sentimentality. 

 

Could be wrong what these horrible bastards are planning in the long term but one basic issue for the "package" is there is bound to be a lot of dead rubber games if there aren't promotion and relegation or play offs etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rubble-rouser said:

FSG would be negligent not to go along with this if everyone else is.

Shit situation isn't it. I don't want it but don't want to be left out either. On the one hand the thought of playing European clubs every week sounds good but the match going fan is going to be screwed. It all sounds very soulless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!   Still giggling at the brilliant absurdity of it all!
    • Van Persie is a great shout. He's probably exactly what the buyer is getting here only 6 times the price.   Van Persie had one good season, they won the league and he scored 26 goals. The following seasons he scored 12 and 10 goals and was sold for £3m.    If money wasn't an object everyone on here would take Kane whether they admit it or not. He's brilliant but he's a crock, Daniel Levy will be delighted with this news but also shitting it he breaks down again before he's sold.
    • It doesn't matter a shite if Man Utd (where Kane will no doubt end up) pay £100m or £150m for him if he does well, which he would as he's a phenomenal goal scorer.  We saw it with people bleating about what we were paying for VVD and Becker only for them to go very quiet very quickly when they realised how good they were.   Kane at Utd would make them title challengers.  He's that good.  Man Utd are a team who rely on good players as their manager wouldn't know a tactic from a tictac. "Just get the ball to Kane in the box" is an easy one and one that'd work with the quality they have.   Also, Man Utd are the devils club and never seem to get bad injuries*   *If someone posts showing key Man Utd players with bad injuries I will ignore it as it doesn't suit my narrative
    • Looking forward to Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher's joint plea for a Liverpool/United protest against the Glazers running the club into the ground when they buy Harry Kane.    Kane to them, Haaland to City, I reckon.    If we were to go big, I think Sancho would be our limit, but we won't do that without selling either. 
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×