You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

Heard last night that UEFA had found £4b down the back of the couch that they are willing to distribute 'fairly' to teams, the dirty dozen effectively, so that the climb down comes with a huge sweetner.

This and the coefficient nonsense means they'll get everything they want for now, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Lol yeah. Ban all 12 clubs from next season's Champions league!

I can't wait to see a CL with Leicester, West Ham, Everton, Leeds, Villa and Wolves as the representative of the league, with Serie A represented by Atalanta, Napoli and Lazio and the La Liga represented by Sevilla, Real Sociedad and Betis.  

This joke of a competition will very well prove the 12 clubs right, that their names and presence is the very draw of the Champions League. 

19 minutes ago, Benitaur said:

Lol yeah. Ban all 12 clubs from next season's Champions league!

I can't wait to see a CL with Leicester, West Ham, Everton, Leeds, Villa and Wolves as the representative of the league, with Serie A represented by Atalanta, Napoli and Lazio and the La Liga represented by Sevilla, Real Sociedad and Betis.  

This joke of a competition will very well prove the 12 clubs right, that their names and presence is the very draw of the Champions League. 

Yep. Sponsors and broadcasters would expect a massive discount when renewal time comes around - “Well, we can’t pay you nearly as much because you deliberately gave us a year when half (being generous) as many people watched. It’s a diminished brand”. That, along with the perceived risk of similar happening again, would probably have the sharks offering at least 50% less over five years.

14 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Had it with some dickhead last night trying to say they signed for the league so its 'intent'

The rule doesn't say fuck all about intent it says enter or play and good luck saying these teams entered into a competition during the season. No competition started,no fixtures apporved. It was a plan to start a new competition that didn't happen. 

Rule L9 states that:

“Except with the prior written approval of the board, during the season a club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than

L.9.1 – The UEFA Champions League
L.9.2 – The UEFA Europa League
L.9.3 – The FA Cup
L.9.4 – The FA Community Shield
L.9.5 – The Football League Cup or
L.9.6 – Competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member.”

It’s not just fans, apparently, it’s actually the other 14 clubs, which makes it sound like an even bigger load of vindictive shite.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

That David Ornstein fromThe Athletic coming out saying the Arsenal owners have come out and fronted this up with an apology, he hasn't seen any other owners do that. Wanker, Henry did it days ago. Why do fans of other clubs just lie?! 

Because he's a two faced cunt, just like martin samuel. Supposedly a dyed in the wool 'ammer's fan, he's so far up city's arse I dont think he could see the London Stadium or whatever it's called, with a telescope.

The cunt, samuel, is even bigging up the Saudi's as better owners than any of the 6 PL clubs. Well yeah, if you entice so called dissidents into an embassy, stick his head in a poly bag so he suffocates slowly then chop him up like a butchered cow in a slaughterhouse, then you'd have to be off the scale myopic to say the Saudi's will be better owners than any of the PL 6!

The fucking lengths the media are going sucking off the other 14 PL clubs is nauseating. Not one has mentioned the duplicity of west ham, villa and brighton amongst clubs who wanted no relegation as a condition for re starting the league last season.

Not one has mentioned the £26m+ of taxpayers money moral high horse fc has sequestrated  for its own purposes. Not one has mentioned Aston Villa FC selling its ground to its owner to try and finance promotion to the PL and circumvent the EFL's finance rules. Not one has mentioned Brighton & Hove Albion forcing a public inquiry and hence use of taxpayer's money regarding the building of the Amex stadium at Falmer.

I could go on but you get my drift. We all know samuel, birt, lowe, wallace and the rest of them would have been scrabbling to get on the plane and enjoy the 'hospitalies' in these foreign stadiums to report on the games involving the 6 if this has actually come about. Fucking hypocrites.

• Upvote 3

Sky have been ultra critical of the six clubs this week, whilst making sure that the teams with American owners get the majority share of the blame. I’m a bit surprised they’ve been quite so vocal on it, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the “big six” look more favourably at rival broadcasters when future rights come up for renegotiation.

7 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Sky have been ultra critical of the six clubs this week, whilst making sure that the teams with American owners get the majority share of the blame. I’m a bit surprised they’ve been quite so vocal on it, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the “big six” look more favourably at rival broadcasters when future rights come up for renegotiation.

Sky will just pay more and with the other 14 clubs being able to outvote the other 6 they're stuck with them.

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yep. Sponsors and broadcasters would expect a massive discount when renewal time comes around - “Well, we can’t pay you nearly as much because you deliberately gave us a year when half (being generous) as many people watched. It’s a diminished brand”. That, along with the perceived risk of similar happening again, would probably have the sharks offering at least 50% less over five years.

56tzpz.jpg

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Heard last night that UEFA had found £4b down the back of the couch that they are willing to distribute 'fairly' to teams, the dirty dozen effectively, so that the climb down comes with a huge sweetner.

This and the coefficient nonsense means they'll get everything they want for now, plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Mangetout, Rodney. Mangetout. 

1 hour ago, J-V said:

Sky will just pay more and with the other 14 clubs being able to outvote the other 6 they're stuck with them.

It's not just about that is it? If the big 6 don't want to cooperate, in fact just us and the Salford lot and only meet just the bare basic requirements of their demands, then sky suffer. Sky need the cooperation of the big boys - but I'm sure they'll find a way to put it right. 

On 21/04/2021 at 08:20, YorkshireRed said:

The words are good/acceptable/necessary. Time will tell if words are all they are though. 

We need to see actions that back any words up and these need to be the right ones, delivered in a timely fashion. 

It’s been a fuck up of epic proportions, not sure if there’s any way back for FSG from here but let’s see what the next few weeks and months bring. 

Yup, actions need to follow. 

Supporter Ownership should be the first job... Season Ticket Holders >5 years given a stake in the club. Perhaps those on the waiting list >10 years (no idea of the oldest tenure on the  list to be honest, but you get the gist). 

I'd also be wanting to know what the fuck happened with the baldy journo they employed as a Supporter Liaison Rep... someone somewhere needs to be on the board to tell the fuckers not to fuck up again. Possibly on a twice daily schedule. They need to talk this stuff through with people who actually give a fuck about the Club. It's all well & good having Boston Ale induced brain farts, but someone needs to look at it in the cold light of day. 

Anfield Area regen... stadium development is all well & good, but it's in it for them as much as anyone... time for some good old fashioned US of A Philanthropy. You fucked up, time to pay up. Help those in the area of the Club you own. Properly. 

• Upvote 1

Regarding any likely punishment for being part of this, doubt we have much to fear from Premier League, UEFA or FIFA as per previous comments and the obvious hit to them all if they try to dock, exclude, demote etc all their top clubs.

Remains to be seen what conditions were in these Super League contracts though. Madrid/Barcelona in particular appear to have needed this to get them out of a financial blackhole, and I would imagine they won’t be shy of litigation if they have any means by which to pursue it.

42 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Regarding any likely punishment for being part of this, doubt we have much to fear from Premier League, UEFA or FIFA as per previous comments and the obvious hit to them all if they try to dock, exclude, demote etc all their top clubs.

Remains to be seen what conditions were in these Super League contracts though. Madrid/Barcelona in particular appear to have needed this to get them out of a financial blackhole, and I would imagine they won’t be shy of litigation if they have any means by which to pursue it.

The more I read about this, the more this seems to be crux of the issue and they’ve dragged everybody else along for the ride. 

22 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I see the 14 no marks demanding the removal of the chairman and the chief executives of the big six..........have fun with that

giphy.gif

To what end though? In the case of our club the CEO didn't even know And I'd be shocked if our chairman attended PL meetings. And who do they think they'll be replaced with? Dig Jimmy hill up from the grave? They'll just replace them with more of their kind. It's complete bellendary to want this. I heard some prick saying "how can we trust them again". How about you can't. Do exactly what you always do, take care of your own club, take everything said by everyone else.with a pinch of salt and then vote in your own selfish interests. 

I still think one of the reasons the Premiership clubs folded so quickly was partially to do with the renewal of the Premiership TV deal renewal this summer. 

Like a threat - You bow to us or next time we won’t cave to an ESL.