You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

1 minute ago, Jockey said:

If I took anything from the void calls - 6 can stop everything progressing e.g. New TV deal! 

But I'm not sure to be honest.

We saw this year where the clubs in Europe wanted the extra subs but the rest litterally said it doesn't benefit us only you so no. So unlike most leagues in Europe we are stuck with 3 subs. They moan like fuck about the preferential treatment the big 6 get, yet all act on mass against them if they want something back. They want all the benefits of the big 6 when it comes to the money they bring into the league but then moan about the tv airtime we get for it. 

The super league was a shit idea in how it was pushed but would i be against breaking up the monopoly UEFA hold or the fact that Sheff Utd,Watford,Burnely,Fulham etc hold the same weight in voting as the clubs that have been there from the start and bring in the revenue. No i wouldn't, now the latest push seems to be trying to force the clubs executives off every EPL committee 

If i was any of these clubs i would tell them to fuck off. Fans are trying to push this L9 Rule that was supposedly broken. It would never stand up in court as a broken rule and the 6 clubs should as a whole say fuck off with any idea of punishment. its no surprise its Leeds,West Ham,Villa and Everton fans crying the most as they would benefit from bans and points deductions. Thats the same Villa and West Ham that tried to hold the league to ransom and stop promotion and relegation last year caus they might have gone down. And the same West Ham that only stayed up a while back because they fielded a player pretty much illegally for months by having him as a3rd party player, the same West Ham that Tory cunt of a board member did a dodogy deal with a tory major to get a free stadium and still have the police and council pick up large parts of the bill. And Villa that only stayed up cause some fuck didn't set up VAR correctly

Had it with some dickhead last night trying to say they signed for the league so its 'intent'

The rule doesn't say fuck all about intent it says enter or play and good luck saying these teams entered into a competition during the season. No competition started,no fixtures apporved. It was a plan to start a new competition that didn't happen. 

Rule L9 states that:

“Except with the prior written approval of the board, during the season a club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than

L.9.1 – The UEFA Champions League
L.9.2 – The UEFA Europa League
L.9.3 – The FA Cup
L.9.4 – The FA Community Shield
L.9.5 – The Football League Cup or
L.9.6 – Competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member.”

• Upvote 2

All the stuff that is continually being said about it would nearly drag you towards wanting the horrible ESL.

The other 14 are greedy bastards and the owners of pretty much any football league team is also. That's business. The days of Jack Walker caring about his local townspeople is well and truly over. All these fans concerned about spreading the money, like say West Ham fans should be happy to say to Uefa that only one team from each country makes the Champions League so their place goes to say the Armenian champions. That would be equality at play. No chance of that being popular with more than 1% of the West Ham fans. In fact, it would be higher among our fanbase who are the fairest imo when it comes to things like that.

Uefa going on about fairness have the power to look after the smaller leagues and spread the wealth which will have a knock on positively on the international game. Instead their new format helps the big clubs and the big leagues. They decide to punish us - it will be West Ham or Everton benefitting rather than the champions of Luxemburg. They can really do one.

Sky and BT can royally fuck off. Jake Humphries going on about great the Leicester owners are - as if they were invited to the ESL party they would have said they weren't interested. 

I hate the ESL because it's people like us on here that would lose out when there are games are being played in Asia or being played at times to suit Asian or American audiences. I don't believe in stopping Stoke or Middlesboro from playing us or United again. Still this is the victory of one greedy cartel over another rather than any heroic slaying of the big bad beast. I loved them getting the opinion of Fat Sam before the game - yeah the bloke who got sacked from England from being a greedy bastard. 

• Upvote 3

Yeah I can just see the Premier league expelling the biggest clubs in the league if they try this again while losing billions in TV money ect. Never going to happen. 

Its not like the clubs were looking to break away from the Premier league so the league should just shut the fuck up. 

You can guarantee any of those other Premier leagues clubs would have been invited they'd have been on the ESL bandwagon quicker than a tramp in chips. 

1 hour ago, Jockey said:

Yep. Stop showing our games - and the rest of the 6. At the very least don't show the games between the big 6 to punish them. 

This time last year West Ham, Villa and Brighton all used the deaths of thousands of people to avoid relegation. That was far worse - but, nobody was arsed over that because the team that stood to lose the most was us. It was okay to be a greedy selfish cunt so long as Liverpool are the victims. 

Next TV deal we go it alone. Fuck the anger and bad press - our Brand, our money. Let's see how you get on without our help. 

Not sure how the 'we go it alone' for the next tv deal works out. We and the other 5 clubs will be outvoted at every opportunity that doesnt benefit 'the 14.' They've already shown their intent by kicking representatives off PL committees. Everything is off the table for the 6 and on the table for the 14. 3 of the 14 voting on this wont even be in the PL next season.

It really wouldnt surprise me for the 14 to become quite bullish over tv rights money. Theoretically, they could push just about anything through such as weighting the distribution of tv money to clubs who finish outside the top 6 because 'they have the added benefit of income from European football.'

Anyone think cunts like parish at palace and barber at brighton arent licking their lips over this? They've never had such a whip hand in football before.

The 6 have left themselves exposed like never before.

Just a thought, listening to all these ex pro's on Tele talking about the big 6 being greedy don't care about fans out for themselves. I wonder if any of these pundits ever moved club's because they were offered more money? And I wonder if these pro's gave a fuck about the fans they were leaving behind who had payed THEIR wages and I wonder how many (Robbie Savage) mentioned downing tools to force a move through, Rio Ferdinand has had alot to say lately didn't he move from Leeds to Utd despite knowing the history between the two sets of fans. All two face cunts.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Not sure how the 'we go it alone' for the next tv deal works out. We and the other 5 clubs will be outvoted at every opportunity that doesnt benefit 'the 14.' They've already shown their intent by kicking representatives off PL committees. Everything is off the table for the 6 and on the table for the 14. 3 of the 14 voting on this wont even be in the PL next season.

It really wouldnt surprise me for the 14 to become quite bullish over tv rights money. Theoretically, they could push just about anything through such as weighting the distribution of tv money to clubs who finish outside the top 6 because 'they have the added benefit of income from European football.'

Anyone think cunts like parish at palace and barber at brighton arent licking their lips over this? They've never had such a whip hand in football before.

The 6 have left themselves exposed like never before.

I don't think anything can be pushed through without those 6 though? Hence the threat by the bottom 6 last year to void the league - it needed one of them to agree to play. 

If the deal is too much in their favour we can say no. We as fans were against the ESL not standing up for ourselves. They will overplay their hand - stupid people always do. 

2 minutes ago, Jockey said:

I don't think anything can be pushed through without those 6 though? Hence the threat by the bottom 6 last year to void the league - it needed one of them to agree to play. 

If the deal is too much in their favour we can say no. We as fans were against the ESL not standing up for ourselves. They will overplay their hand - stupid people always do. 

Yes, it really can. It's 14 votes to get anything changed or accepted by the PL so Im sorry, we and the other 5 could say no but if the other 14 all vote as one, it goes through.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yes, it really can. It's 14 votes to get anything changed or accepted by the PL so Im sorry, we and the other 5 could say no but if the other 14 all vote as one, it goes through.

Ah, I see. Well we take the fuckers to court then and get the deal annulled. Or just look to be as big a cunt as possible as often as possible. 

42 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Yeah I can just see the Premier league expelling the biggest clubs in the league if they try this again while losing billions in TV money ect. Never going to happen. 

Its not like the clubs were looking to break away from the Premier league so the league should just shut the fuck up. 

You can guarantee any of those other Premier leagues clubs would have been invited they'd have been on the ESL bandwagon quicker than a tramp in chips. 

I'd fucking piss myself they way everyone has acted if the 6 clubs did a deal with the Scottish FA, Celtic and Rangers and all headed North. I'm sure the other Scottish Premier League clubs would be interested with the TV money on offer. 

I don't really but I'd love to see the Faces on some of the other 14 clubs when they see the new TV and sponsorship deals that happen while the money pours in and Aberdeen and Motherwell and buying their best players 

• Upvote 1

Jon Henry didn't direct any of his apology to any other club, the PL, UEFA, or FIFA.

He's not fretting.

And in my opinion, there is no chance in hell he's pulled us out without some sort of deal with them that benefits us somehow.

2 minutes ago, m0e said:

Jon Henry didn't direct any of his apology to any other club, the PL, UEFA, or FIFA.

He's not fretting.

And in my opinion, there is no chance in hell he's pulled us out without some sort of deal with them that benefits us somehow.

Hope you're right fella! Not sure the other 14 PL clubs have got the memo though. Maybe UEFA and Mr Ceferin could pull some strings for us?

1 hour ago, m0e said:

He's not fretting.

Ceferin seemed full of praise for the English clubs pulling out, and the Spanish press were saying UEFA had promised the English clubs money, but I wonder if they’ve said they’ll look to give England another CL spot so the top five qualify. 

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Ceferin seemed full of praise for the English clubs pulling out, and the Spanish press were saying UEFA had promised the English clubs money, but I wonder if they’ve said they’ll look to give England another CL spot so the top five qualify. 

Then two extra spots going to the team and country with best coefficient will open the spots up. 

It's one reason why we must be in Europe next year even if its the Europa League. I get the benefits of a clear domestic run if we can't get top 4 but a year without any points hurts us. And we can manage the group stage with a fringe squad. So if we finish 5 and get the Europa we need to win it. 

1 it's a trophy 

2 it's a guaranteed place in champions league 

3 it's more coefficient points in coming years meaning easier groups and another backdoor into Champions League 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I think the praise was we where more likely to break from the ESL than the rest. The fan reaction here(and it was the 6 clubs fans that did it, had their fans gone along the clubs would have pressed on) meant the clubs got itchy feet. It seems the Real, Juve and Barcelona fans were all in, they don't like not being able to dictate the transfers so really needed the cash. 

What this has shown is the nuclear like race at the top of European football just isn't sustainable. City and Chelsea have really fucked it up. All the clubs used to be able to splash out on 3 maybe 4 stars and pay them. But both of them clubs over the last 15 years might not break transfer records but pushed the market into being every buy needs to be 25ml plus and wages through the roof

Cities paper wage bill can fuck off as they are 100% paying players under the table

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The hysteria surrounding this has been an embarrassment. To be pissed off is fine but fucking hell the levels are obscene. Idiocracy is well and truly here, this great outraged nation. We've been robbed of billions upon billions by this current government wheres the fucking journalists on soap boxes talking of greed and self interests then. Wheres the talk of punishment for a steady stream of constant lies and clear corruptions.

Sky 15 quid a PPV game during a pandemic when people are furloughed, laid off, jobs insecure, stuck at home when we already pay for fucking skysports anyway but it was this tournament that was taking the game away from fans! Punishment fucking hell once again clubs who want justice only want to reap the rewards from the consequences, the likes of Everton and westham know that the fans, the players or managers where not involved but they want the punishment to be directed at them anyway because they might gain an advantage. Yeah its only the top 6 that are greedy... like fuck. Last season null and voiders showed the sporting integrity of most fans, they have none.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SasaS said:

Did they invest any money? As I understand it, Woodward got them to agree to lend money to be paid back from future media deals. May be just a letter of intent.

Of course they invested money. You don't put $6bn on the table without some considerable investment. It may not have gone directly into the pockets of the clubs, but they'd have spent a lot of money on market analysis and explorative talks aboit media and sponsorship opportunities. 

9 hours ago, m0e said:

He's not fretting.

John Henry wasn't fretting on Sunday either, it's why they threw klopp under a bus on Monday. It's because he just doesn't give a fuck, he believes it's his toy. I think as this last week has shown, not giving a fuck doesn't translate to competency. 

21 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

John Henry wasn't fretting on Sunday either, it's why they threw klopp under a bus on Monday. It's because he just doesn't give a fuck, he believes it's his toy. I think as this last week has shown, not giving a fuck doesn't translate to competency. 

He can stick his apology up his arse.  I predicted it on here the day before it was issued.

The FSG "sorry" template is becoming one of the best returns on investment they've made. 

What is it, 70-odd quid a year for a Microsoft Word subscription.

Geniuses, those Bostonians.

3 minutes ago, skaro said:

He can stick his apology up his arse.  I predicted it on here the day before it was issued.

The FSG "sorry" template is becoming one of the best returns on investment they've made. 

What is it, 70-odd quid a year for a Microsoft Word subscription.

Geniuses, those Bostonians.

Get with the times mate, it comes free with Google. 

That David Ornstein fromThe Athletic coming out saying the Arsenal owners have come out and fronted this up with an apology, he hasn't seen any other owners do that. Wanker, Henry did it days ago. Why do fans of other clubs just lie?!