You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

3 hours ago, deiseach said:

Five years on from this post, and my journey towards not caring took another lurch forward with this Super League debacle. The killing part is that I had been contemplating a much healthier future in relation to supporting Liverpool. Winning the title after all these years had lanced the boil that was viewing every league game as either a cup final (we need to win to win the league) or useless (it doesn't matter, we're not winning the league and this top four crap is just a pale imitation of the real thing). Most games in the last 30 years fell into the latter camp, which made the games in the former to be murderous in their intensity. Seriously, I nearly had a heart attack during the Wolves game at Molyneux last season, even though objectively the league was already won. The thought of screwing up, however small it was, was utterly excruciating. Thankfully all those feelings are ancient history, and now that I am back in Liverpool I was looking forward to occasionally using my wife's season ticket and being able to treat going to the ground as something casual rather than having to plan every visit with military precision. Even better, the redevelopment of the Anfield Road end would almost certainly lead to a season ticket of my own. We could go to games together, mix and match with my brother-in-law and a friend who will take it at the drop of a hat, or even bring my son. It was going to be great, and it still might be. I'm less sure now though. Thanks for that, FSG. Thanks a bloody lot.

that's a great post, as was the one earlier.

10 year bans for us all. Then we can see how much the naughty children are really worth and when this happens again and is done properly we'll all be in a better bargaining position.  

28 minutes ago, Manny said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/22/suffer-consequences-uefa-to-discuss-punishments-for-super-league-rebels

image.png

SACK THE BIG SIX FOR BEING UNLOYAL, DISLOYAL, AND FOR JOINING IN GREED IN A WAY WHICH EXCLUDES THE REST OF US

Also big six could you call Bill Oddie...

Yeah maybe ceferin could revert the Champions League to just national champions? Or, really show he means it when he says the game is for fans and not corporate sponsors by cutting ticket prices to no more than 35 quid or the euro equivalent and giving at least 80% of tickets for the Champions League and Europa League finals to fans of the competing clubs?

But nah, he's never going to do that, is he?

• Upvote 1

Hilarious suggestions on the Guardian - sack the big 6 from the Champions League for being greedy that way other teams can take their place and get the money! 

I suggested removing all 6 from the TV schedules - any game between the big 6 is removed from all TV schedules as punishment - they all stay Saturday 3pm, and get no money from Sky! That way they'll not get any advertising bonuses either. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah maybe ceferin could revert the Champions League to just national champions? Or, really show he means it when he says the game is for fans and not corporate sponsors by cutting ticket prices to no more than 35 quid or the euro equivalent and giving at least 80% of tickets for the Champions League and Europa League finals to fans of the competing clubs?

These people are so full of shit. We’re witnessing a power play between two camps of greedy bastards. UEFA know where the money is and they’re unlikely to cut off their nose to spite their face. I particularly despise UEFA, having been to every home Euro game bar a couple over the last 20 years and lucked out in every cup final  ballot since 2005.... because of UEFA’s paltry allocation to clubs and them handing the lions share to the UEFA family....  aka the touts.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Saintslfc13 said:

The way it was going through was obviously bad but I would expect any owner of Liverpool to secure their seat at the table. It might not be right, it might not be competitive but one day it's going to happen. When it does we need to be in that number.

There's a difference between wanting a seat at the table, which pretty much sounds like the role of Chelsea and city in this and bring the ones who were fighting to drive the van to IKEA to pick the table and chairs up. We were at the heart of this and let's not pretend otherwise. 

3 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

So according to Perez teams have to pay a penalty fee to leave the ESL. With that being dead who would this fee go to? I assume it would go right into Madrid coffers to help with the stadium rebuild. 

That'll be JP Morgan won't it? They've invested time and money, I'm sure not for free in light of the fact there appeared to be a ESL plan less robust than mine plan to go the pub after the match on Saturday - although to be fair, they did have a website. Maybe I need "womsuperbeerleague.com" going forward. I'm embarrassed. 

59 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

There's a difference between wanting a seat at the table, which pretty much sounds like the role of Chelsea and city in this and bring the ones who were fighting to drive the van to IKEA to pick the table and chairs up. We were at the heart of this and let's not pretend otherwise. 

That'll be JP Morgan won't it? They've invested time and money, I'm sure not for free in light of the fact there appeared to be a ESL plan less robust than mine plan to go the pub after the match on Saturday - although to be fair, they did have a website. Maybe I need "womsuperbeerleague.com" going forward. I'm embarrassed. 

Did they invest any money? As I understand it, Woodward got them to agree to lend money to be paid back from future media deals. May be just a letter of intent.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

The players have gotten a free ride here. The reason sponsor's get so many tickets is because Kevin De Bruyne is earning £350k per week. Mastercard will pay their share but I exchange they need to be able to bring their mates to big games. Kev didn't mention this when he dropping tears on the page the other night. 

It's not their fault clubs pay them extraordinary sums, it partially everyone's fault with Chelsea City and PSG the biggest culprits but the FA, UEFA and all are the people to blame. Its on their watch,  they invited these cunts in. It isn't John Henry's fault, he's a billionaire hedge funder doing billionaire hedge fund stuff.

Thinking on i am completely amazed the people running these clubs thought they could get away with this by just trying to force it through without consulting managers, players, associations and most importantly the fans. 

Just shows the complete disconnect from not only the fans but the playing staff from the owners. 

Its something you'd expect to see in a show like Dream Team or something. 

Utterly bizarre and the damage it has done to the reputation of the clubs involved imo hasn't even come to a head yet. 

Watching BT now and for a full 30 minutes it's been all about punish the big 6 ban them from Europe, fine the £50m each, deduct points of them ( no mention about poor Leicester or WBA who are actually playing) how's about BT stop banging on about taking the game away from the fans etc, etc and just remove all these big 6 from their TV schedule for the rest of the season back up all their talk ? Will they fuck just as bad as everyone else they continue to show the big teams because no one would buy subscription s from them like it or lump it the big 6 make the premier League.

• Upvote 2

I'm beginning to think we should fight any punishment. What we done was a disgusting but not illegal. What Man City dome was illegal, I couldn't accept more for this than they got for destroying the sport.

It's funny how all these cunt fans of shit clubs spend the year waiting to play matches against us, especially at Anfield, yet it doesn't seem to compute that maybe we add something to the worldwide game of football.

Imagine sky's fucking viewing figures if the top six didn't play for a year?

• Upvote 1

Yep. Stop showing our games - and the rest of the 6. At the very least don't show the games between the big 6 to punish them. 

This time last year West Ham, Villa and Brighton all used the deaths of thousands of people to avoid relegation. That was far worse - but, nobody was arsed over that because the team that stood to lose the most was us. It was okay to be a greedy selfish cunt so long as Liverpool are the victims. 

Next TV deal we go it alone. Fuck the anger and bad press - our Brand, our money. Let's see how you get on without our help. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Yep. Stop showing our games - and the rest of the 6. At the very least don't show the games between the big 6 to punish them. 

This time last year West Ham, Villa and Brighton all used the deaths of thousands of people to avoid relegation. That was far worse - but, nobody was arsed over that because the team that stood to lose the most was us. It was okay to be a greedy selfish cunt so long as Liverpool are the victims. 

Next TV deal we go it alone. Fuck the anger and bad press - our Brand, our money. Let's see how you get on without our help. 

Problem is the other 14 claim they are preyed on by the big 6 but when it comes to TV deals they vote on block to stop any moves. They are far from the powerles pawns they pretend to be. 

They won't allow individual voting rights as they'll vote it down on mass. 

21 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's funny how all these cunt fans of shit clubs spend the year waiting to play matches against us, especially at Anfield, yet it doesn't seem to compute that maybe we add something to the worldwide game of football.

Imagine sky's fucking viewing figures if the top six didn't play for a year?

They'd have to cover the Belarus Premier League like they did last year.

The hysteria surrounding this has been an embarrassment. To be pissed off is fine but fucking hell the levels are obscene. Idiocracy is well and truly here, this great outraged nation. We've been robbed of billions upon billions by this current government wheres the fucking journalists on soap boxes talking of greed and self interests then. Wheres the talk of punishment for a steady stream of constant lies and clear corruptions.

Sky 15 quid a PPV game during a pandemic when people are furloughed, laid off, jobs insecure, stuck at home when we already pay for fucking skysports anyway but it was this tournament that was taking the game away from fans! Punishment fucking hell once again clubs who want justice only want to reap the rewards from the consequences, the likes of Everton and westham know that the fans, the players or managers where not involved but they want the punishment to be directed at them anyway because they might gain an advantage. Yeah its only the top 6 that are greedy... like fuck. Last season null and voiders showed the sporting integrity of most fans, they have none.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Problem is the other 14 claim they are preyed on by the big 6 but when it comes to TV deals they vote on block to stop any moves. They are far from the powerles pawns they pretend to be. 

They won't allow individual voting rights as they'll vote it down on mass. 

If I took anything from the void calls - 6 can stop everything progressing e.g. New TV deal! 

But I'm not sure to be honest.