You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

It was Sky wot won it! 

Well done Sky and Saint Gary the people's champion. Thanks to Pep and Roman - phew! it was a close one but you did it!! Now we can get back to being buggered by the usual suspects. Thanks guyzzzz!!!

• Upvote 1

I watched match of the day last Sunday night and I heard so much talk about the integrity of the game, they then went on to introduce highlights of the FA cup sponsored by the Emirates!  Yeah that's some great integrity you've got there football, the sports washing FA cup.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Iceman said:

It was Sky wot won it! 

Well done Sky and Saint Gary the people's champion. Thanks to Pep and Roman - phew! it was a close one but you did it!! Now we can get back to being buggered by the usual suspects. Thanks guyzzzz!!!

All feels like a self serving exercise to reinforce the idea that what we have now is perfect. It's embarrassing the way Sky and their like have whipped up the masses into a kind of frenzy into believing they have won some kind of victory. 

I'm not surprised the players were against it as I'm sure salary caps etc. were all part of the agenda.

1 hour ago, Josef Svejk said:

We just won our first league title in 30 years and the Champions League the season before. 

Get a fucking grip.

We did those things because of one thing and one thing only, a freak of a manager. They don’t come along very often unfortunately and it can only be sustained for so long in any event. The slide has already started, we’ll now be selling to buy and shopping in Aldi for “whoops “ deals, FSG won’t give a single fuck now and well be getting outspent by most of the league. I’m thankfull Klopp brought us those trophies and they should be savoured because we won’t be winning them again anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

Henry has to spend big or sell up. He's got lipstick on his shirt and needs to buy us some flowers. I'll take Mbappe as a start. 

This. Sorry guys here's Mbappe and every bit of fucking silverware available for the next 3 years 

1 hour ago, Moo said:

This.

Even in a business sense it's happened more than once, probably too many times to count, where someone has heard my accent and "jokingly" questioned my trustworthiness. 

If you don't have the accent (Stringvest?) maybe you don't see and hear it as much because they don't know you're the target audience.

The kind of discrimination no one gives a fuck about because its all bantz innit?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stringvest said:

I've never heard anyone outside the tribal football context refer to Bin Dippers, and only Tory MPs and the Tory press refer to Liverpool as self-pity city.

Really? Where on Earth do you live? A bubble? I no longer live in the City and I hear it almost every time the place comes up. It personally doesn’t bother me but it’s always there.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I was one, no shame here. 

The principle I agreed with, the plan I did not, not least because there wasn't a recognised plan.  Well, they could almost copy and paste UEFAs CL reforms, would be close enough.  

The ESL was a cry for help to fight against City and PSG. Its relatively obvious some of the 12 are soon going to the wall.  But that's ok, they didn't 'earn' a right to keep more of the money they helped UEFA generate for the past 20 years by piggybacking on huge support and the glow of the names.  No?

Football is now an entertainment industry, for better and for worse.  And the likes of us add a sheen to proceedings, we put bums on seats, we sell-out their venues, we bring A-list credibility to whatever we enter. We 'earned' that, through decades of defining moments in football. Through millions of fans desperate to watch us play.  And now we're destined to become wallpaper, an extra, a Walk-On role in the CL to give credibility to the sportswashing procession when City or PSG win the trophy. 

I don't feel good about any of this, I'm just resigned to watching everything we've built now erode, season by season.  Football is currently held together by sticky tape.  Covid isn't going away.

But yes, FSG handled this incredibly poorly, though I don't think they now care how they're perceived, they're selling and they don't care who buys. 

More or less sums up why I voted for it.

Chance missed.........

1 minute ago, bizzle10 said:

make it 5 yrs J Henry been caught shagging town bike

Linda should stop shagging him until he buys us.... Mbappe, Haaland and Coulibaly then only give him a hand shuffle until he out spends Chelsea and City for the next 4 transfer windows, then and only then should she lye back and think of Britain ( or America or wherever)

3 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

Gone under the radar but players across clubs seemed to be strongly against the idea. 

"Breakaway clubs will get a better uefa deal". Mission accomplished then. 

3 hours ago, Brownie said:

I went to uni away from home and I've lived away from home for the last 15 years.

I've witnessed plenty of ignorant shit about our city and scousers in general. It's not at all just about our football team.

In my experience the only people I've ever found outside of a footballing context who have bad things to say about Liverpool and it's people are the ones who've never been. 

59 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Linda should stop shagging him until he buys us.... Mbappe, Haaland and Coulibaly then only give him a hand shuffle until he out spends Chelsea and City for the next 4 transfer windows, then and only then should she lye back and think of Britain ( or America or wherever)

I doubt she still shags him these days.

Punishthe6 trending on Twitter. Unsurprisingly, lots of Everton fans, but also - weirdly - West Ham, who seem to also have alot to say on the matter. They're trawling up lots of cases of fines and points docked in the past. I might be wrong, but were any rules actually broken over the past few days?

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

Punishthe6 trending on Twitter. Unsurprisingly, lots of Everton fans, but also - weirdly - West Ham, who seem to also have alot to say on the matter. They're trawling up lots of cases of fines and points docked in the past. I might be wrong, but were any rules actually broken over the past few days?

Weirdly? West Ham fans hoping for Champions League spot. Likewise Everton, if the points deductions were big enough. Anyway, it ain't going to happen... 

6 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Weirdly? West Ham fans hoping for Champions League spot. Likewise Everton, if the points deductions were big enough. Anyway, it ain't going to happen... 

I say weirdly because whenever there is an anti Liverpool Twitter pile on, West Ham are usually the most vociferous. Odd.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stringvest said:

I have heard it, but living darn sarf it's mostly about the north in general.  Backward, unwashed thick people whose translation of 'quinoa' is 'chips'.  Cuts me to the quick, it does.

What did people think about us during the Cretaceous Period mate?

European Super League: Uefa under pressure to ditch Champions League coefficient safety net

The collapse of the Super League has led to a power shift away from Europe’s elite clubs and now the European Leagues and figures in the European Club Association — which is now without any representatives from the 12 clubs who joined the Super League — are poised to launch an effort to change the access system planned for 2024.

If such a system had been in place now it would have meant Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur, who finished in eighth and sixth place in the Premier League respectively, qualifying for the Champions League last season ahead of fifth-place Leicester City.

Lars Christer-Olsson, the outgoing president of the European Leagues, said before his final board meeting: “There are still open questions concerning access to the competition based on coefficients.”

One ECA board member told The Times that there was a strong feeling that the extra guaranteed places should be given to the likes of Celtic, Rangers and Ajax for winning their respective leagues rather than handed to the elite clubs based on historical performances over the previous five years.

The balance of power in the ECA — the only clubs’ organisation that Uefa recognises — has shifted significantly away from the elite teams after the 12 clubs involved in the Super League resigned en masse after joining the Super League.

Intriguingly, Uefa left the door open for the access plan to change when it announced the new format on Monday.

It said then: “Further decisions regarding matters such as the rebalancing of the access list, match dates, seeding system, format for the finals, coefficients and financial distribution will be made by the end of the year and potential adjustments to the format approved today could still be made if necessary.”

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

I’ll simply repost from the MF.

Points deductions? Reparations? Cheeky cunts. They all make more money than they’d ever get on their own on the back of our fixtures from overseas rights.

The six clubs should go to the next meeting and say they’re sorry, and in penance they won’t fulfill their fixtures playing each other for the next five seasons. They’ll not turn up to the scheduled marches and forfeit the games, This will be our penance.

Now, try selling your tv rights with no Manchester Derby, North London derby, no North/South London derby, or Liverpool V Utd - one of the most televised club games on the planet. Go and explain it to your sponsors. Calculate your share of the tv money you’ll be getting then.