You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

49 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Chelsea and Man City know they would be nowhere without their owners. I think Arsenal fans have become numb to their owners, Man Utd fans only protest when they are completely shit and Spurs fans are used to winning fuck all anyway. 

A couple of Manc mates on have put up a green and yellow scarf photo on Facebook tonight. Fucks sake. 

Martin Samuel, bring in legislation to Govern English football now!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9493203/MARTIN-SAMUEL-battle-isnt-won-end-sordid-beginning.html#comments

Yes Martin, we've all said pretty much the same thing to prevent oil nations and dubious Russian oligarchs or any one else, using dubious money sources to run English football clubs to the detriment of others. But you're firmly of the belief an owner should be able to pump as much money, from whatever sources, into their club no questions asked.

Most people seem to think a football club should 'earn' the money it gets rather than be spoonfed billions of pounds to turn them from no marks into champions at home and abroad.

But when clubs rightly or wrongly want to generate more money via the actual sport itself, that's wrong and therefore needs legislation to stop it being attempted again?

You and your colleagues are now promoting the idea mansour and abramovic are the saviours of English football.

What a warped sense of proportion you have, Martin.

I posted this on this fat cunt's Wail or should that be 'whale's' page. But the cunt likes to censor comments on his articles so it appears the vast majority agree with him and therefore always has his finger on the pulse of fans. Instead, he's got his foot on their necks. I dont expect he'll post it either.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9493203/MARTIN-SAMUEL-battle-isnt-won-end-sordid-beginning.html#comments

Yes Martin, we've all said pretty much the same thing to prevent oil nations and dubious Russian oligarchs orany one else, using dubious money sources to run English football clubs to the detriment of other. But you're firmly of the belief an owner should be able to pump as much money, from whatever sources, into their club no questions asked.

Most people seem to think a football club should 'earn' the money it gets rather than be spoonfed billions of pounds to turn them from no marks into champions at home and abroad.

But when clubs rightly or wrongly want to generate more money via the actual sport itself, that's wrong and therefore needs legislation to stop it being attempted again?

You and your colleagues are now promoting the idea mansour and abramovic are the saviours of English football.

I posted this on this fat cunt's Wail or should that be 'whale's' page. But the cunt likes to censor comments on his articles so it appears the vast majority agree with him and therefore always has his finger on the pulse of fans. Instead, he's got his foot on their necks. I dont expect he'll post it either.

Here here well said.

If reports are true that we got a massive pay bump from UEFA, the yanks have played a blinder, financially.

Not condoning it, but these FSG guys ain't mugs.

To have gone through all that for nothing makes no sense to me.

To have kept it away form everyone and coordinated the announcement like they did, makes no sense to me either...

Unless this was the plan all along.

Rinse UEFA and leave the Spanish and Italian cunts high and dry.

No wonder we had 6 PL clubs involved, and the only 6 to have pulled out like this.

All within a matter of hours of each other.

A sting of epic proportions, me thinks.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, m0e said:

If reports are true that we got a massive pay bump from UEFA, the yanks have played a blinder, financially.

Not condoning it, but these FSG guys ain't mugs.

To have gone through all that for nothing makes no sense to me.

To have kept it away form everyone and coordinated the announcement like they did, makes no sense to me either...

Unless this was the plan all along.

Rinse UEFA and leave the Spanish and Italian cunts high and dry.

No wonder we had 6 PL clubs involved, and the only 6 to have pulled out like this.

All within a matter of hours of each other.

A sting of epic proportions, me thinks.

Yeah, I think so too. Can't see that many powerful people in key positions fucking up at the same time. Might not have got everything they wanted, butcsome sort of financial windfall and guarantee will have been handed over.

20 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I still can't believe almost 20 percent of people on this forum want the ESL.

15 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Anonymous poll unfortunately. Would be nice to name and shame! 

A number of people expressed frustrations with how football is being run.

I voted no, mainly due to the lack of relegation, but I don't think the idea of breaking away from UEFA is a bad one, This alternative was not the right answer either. 

We've fucked it now though. The whole concept will just go down as one massive embarrassment.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Where have you seen this?

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Mundo Deportivo are reporting it.

For anyone wanting to read the article - Mundo Deportivo

Total commotion in the Super League, to which the Premier League clubs have dealt a critical, not fatal, blow. Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, and United have decided to leave the idea of the Super League that they had all formed with Madrid, Barça, Atlético, Juventus, Inter, and Milan.

All the pressure that these clubs have received from England, in which they have faced rivals, organizations, and even their own footballers and coaches, seems to have been enough.

But it's not the only motive. Mundo Deportivo has learned that UEFA has played a fundamental role in that decision. Not because of the threats, but because he has offered a significant sum of money to the 'big six' for leaving the Super League, which seriously threatened his way of life.

This offer, however, has not reached Spanish clubs, which from the highest European body are seen as the main enemy, led by the ideologue Florentino Pérez.

Even so, from the Spanish teams, they see this departure of the Premier League teams as a step backward that is not definitive and they are convinced that the magnitude of the project will make them come back. There is tranquility in the surroundings of Barça and Real Madrid, aware that for the survival of all it is better to continue with the Super League.

17 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Anonymous poll unfortunately. Would be nice to name and shame! 

I was one, no shame here. 

The principle I agreed with, the plan I did not, not least because there wasn't a recognised plan.  Well, they could almost copy and paste UEFAs CL reforms, would be close enough.  

The ESL was a cry for help to fight against City and PSG. Its relatively obvious some of the 12 are soon going to the wall.  But that's ok, they didn't 'earn' a right to keep more of the money they helped UEFA generate for the past 20 years by piggybacking on huge support and the glow of the names.  No?

Football is now an entertainment industry, for better and for worse.  And the likes of us add a sheen to proceedings, we put bums on seats, we sell-out their venues, we bring A-list credibility to whatever we enter. We 'earned' that, through decades of defining moments in football. Through millions of fans desperate to watch us play.  And now we're destined to become wallpaper, an extra, a Walk-On role in the CL to give credibility to the sportswashing procession when City or PSG win the trophy. 

I don't feel good about any of this, I'm just resigned to watching everything we've built now erode, season by season.  Football is currently held together by sticky tape.  Covid isn't going away.

But yes, FSG handled this incredibly poorly, though I don't think they now care how they're perceived, they're selling and they don't care who buys. 

• Upvote 10

Guest Alex_K
44 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yes Martin, we've all said pretty much the same thing to prevent oil nations and dubious Russian oligarchs or any one else, using dubious money sources to run English football clubs to the detriment of others. But you're firmly of the belief an owner should be able to pump as much money, from whatever sources, into their club no questions asked.

He's actually glorying in the billions and billions of £s that have poured in from the lands and communities stretching from the Caspian fields to Sakhalin; from Umm Shaif to Bu Hasa. Glorying in all those hands covered with blood that have ferried the resources into UK football clubs. A bastard as slimy and odious as Samuel must, without shadow of a doubt, be on the take.

5 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

For anyone wanting to read the article - Mundo Deportivo

Total commotion in the Super League, to which the Premier League clubs have dealt a critical, not fatal, blow. Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, and United have decided to leave the idea of the Super League that they had all formed with Madrid, Barça, Atlético, Juventus, Inter, and Milan.

All the pressure that these clubs have received from England, in which they have faced rivals, organizations, and even their own footballers and coaches, seems to have been enough.

But it's not the only motive. Mundo Deportivo has learned that UEFA has played a fundamental role in that decision. Not because of the threats, but because he has offered a significant sum of money to the 'big six' for leaving the Super League, which seriously threatened his way of life.

This offer, however, has not reached Spanish clubs, which from the highest European body are seen as the main enemy, led by the ideologue Florentino Pérez.

Even so, from the Spanish teams, they see this departure of the Premier League teams as a step backward that is not definitive and they are convinced that the magnitude of the project will make them come back. There is tranquility in the surroundings of Barça and Real Madrid, aware that for the survival of all it is better to continue with the Super League.

Would be interesting if Barca/Real/Juve/Inter/AC decided not to back down.  The CL would become a bit of a joke. 

I had a real dilemma today. My Dad’s funeral is this Friday. I live in New Jersey and can’t be back home for it. 

I ordered flowers this morning. LFC. He loved the club, Keegan, Toshack, Dalglish, Rush, Robbie, El Toro, Suarez, Mo, Bobby and Mane. Even though he just passed before this Super-League nonsense, I’m not sure how he would have felt about it all.

I decided to proceed notwithstanding. I almost cancelled them. But no.

Because we love this club, what it really stands for, below all the corporate bullshit.

He loved beans on his fry-up, (yep). He loved LFC. Even though we are a couple of wools, (South Wales), he loved LFC and his heart flowed when we got #19.

Anyhow, I’m rambling. Common sense I think has prevailed.

YNWA.

(Even you no-beans fascists)!

D6EE8F80-6C0A-46FA-A8ED-FD524087BB8D.jpeg

70548937-F294-4F24-8E85-41AB33794833.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 36