You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

I’d rather the message we put out than that utter cynical bollocks spewed out by Arsenal PR department to placate the simple minded element of their fan base.  It was a business decision, and that’s it.

Exactly, FSG are the only ones been honest, their statement says we know you hate us and will know we don't mean any apology we issue so we won't insult your intelligence. 

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Do you think they'll sell? 

Who knows what the possibilities are in terms of buyers or fan ownership and all that, but I think they probably should. I mean, what would they still be doing here, right? They've now sucked away the good will they had, FFP will never be a thing which they've said is terrible for them, and now this league which was supposed to create a more level economic playing field between its clubs turns out to be a complete disaster in every way.

There's nothing else to try or do, unless this attempt at creating this league brings about reforms that are attractive to them or if new super leagues keep trying to be built in the near future. 

Edit: that said, not all of these disgraced owners can all sell at the same time, so who knows. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I’d rather the message we put out than that utter cynical bollocks spewed out by Arsenal PR department to placate the simple minded element of their fan base.  It was a business decision, and that’s it.

I disagree. It may be insincere. But it's not passive-aggressive. Unlike our cunts' message... 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Yeah this.

1 minute ago, Josef Svejk said:

Well, I'd rather some cunt didn't blame me for them being a cunt. I'm strange like that. 

You’re overthinking it. They’re looking to maximise profits.  They don’t give enough of a fuck about the fans kicking off to waste energy and focus being snarky about internet warriors. 

20 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Ok and what does the points deduction achieve? Slagged off in future but they’ll completely accept it when we say ‘no no, we got deducted points so it can’t ever be mentioned’ Fuck everyone else, they hate us no matter what and will pap on forever about this. I hated the idea but always thought that the best part of it would be that these shitty clubs who slag us off with their fans who call us bin dippers and murderers would drown in their own bile when they realise they only got paid because we were there. Fan solidarity lasted about 48 hours. Offer any of the ‘unremarkable 7-20’ a chance to form a league where they get 300 million a year guaranteed and they’d have sacrificed every season ticket holder like that twat burning his kid on Game of Thrones to get a slice. 
I guarantee if the 6 clubs got a points deduction meaning CL and the title went to scruffs like Everton they’d find a way to claim there shouldn’t be an asterisk against it.

Great points.

Just now, stringvest said:

You’re overthinking it. They’re looking to maximise profits.  They don’t give enough of a fuck about the fans kicking off to waste energy and focus being snarky about internet warriors. 

I refer the honourable gentleman to Brownie's comment above. 

• Upvote 1

Any mention of points deductions should be met with ‘We’ll do it for you. None of the six clubs involved, who play the most watched games, will turn up for their matches against each other next season. No Manchester Derby. No LFC v MU - the most watched game on the planet. Now sell that to your tv rights bidders.’

Whole thing has been surreal.

Website launched.

Clubs putting out those original copied statements on their sites, but nobody really speaking in public/in any detail.

The media and supporter outrage....(some of it of course hollow and hypocritical)

Then inside a couple of days all the English clubs out, but Spanish and Italian clubs as it stands still in.

Surreal.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

This will enbolden the other 14 PL clubs to play hardball. Cunts like Parish, Moshiri, that cunt at Leeds will be telling the top 6 what they can and more importantly, cannot have.

It's a leveller, of sorts. They'll still be miles behind, but the chastened 6 will have to swallow their pill for a little while at least.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

This will enbolden the other 14 PL clubs to play hardball. Cunts like Parish, Moshiri, that cunt at Leeds will be telling the top 6 what they can and more importantly, cannot have.

Good. Fuck them I hope they rub there noses in it. arrogant fucking cunts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Good. Fuck them I hope they rub there noses in it. arrogant fucking cunts.

Yeah, I don't know about that. Let's not forget some of these clubs wanted to erase last season and refuse to improve player safety by rejecting the 5 subs thing. They're self-serving cunts. They're just poorer cunts. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Can you imagine just how smug UEFA are going to be now? They'll be establishing their own version of the Super League in just a few years from now anyway.

Indeed, the groundwork for it was "approved" during this clusterfuck of a shitshow circus. The new reforms to the "Champions League" are the beginnings of something that they've just tried to get shut down.

As has been pointed out in this thread several times, UEFA are pissed off because someone else beat them to the punch.

The corruption, hypocrisy, and ineptitude of the governing bodies throughout European/World Football really is quite staggering.

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, lebron said:

No-one else thinking that the clubs have got exactly what they want from Uefa, then?

Hopefully it's this going in the bin. 

20210420_234913.jpg

Deffo loads better than a European super league that, can't wait.

Extra spots to make sure all of the big 6 qualify too instead of just a selection of 4 of them.