You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

Just now, suzy said:

I’ve had to skip about 30 pages so sorry if this has been mentioned but I’ve seen a lot late afternoon of tv praise for Pep speaking out. Did no one praise Klopp for his words last night? Or is he just a dirty German? We don’t half get some stick!

There’s been praise for Klopp and Milner.

4 minutes ago, andyj said:

i hope so but i think they will have to do something or risk looking like the dicks they are mate 

They can’t do anything. UEFA can’t afford to have the biggest clubs in Europe out of their competition or the sponsors will kick off, especially after welcoming City back. PL won’t do shit because they’ll be grateful their money-spinners are back in the fold.

Just now, No2 said:

We need to get ahead of this, openly apologise and suggest all 6 sides are deducted 25 points each. 

Ok and what does the points deduction achieve? Slagged off in future but they’ll completely accept it when we say ‘no no, we got deducted points so it can’t ever be mentioned’ Fuck everyone else, they hate us no matter what and will pap on forever about this. I hated the idea but always thought that the best part of it would be that these shitty clubs who slag us off with their fans who call us bin dippers and murderers would drown in their own bile when they realise they only got paid because we were there. Fan solidarity lasted about 48 hours. Offer any of the ‘unremarkable 7-20’ a chance to form a league where they get 300 million a year guaranteed and they’d have sacrificed every season ticket holder like that twat burning his kid on Game of Thrones to get a slice. 
I guarantee if the 6 clubs got a points deduction meaning CL and the title went to scruffs like Everton they’d find a way to claim there shouldn’t be an asterisk against it.

• Upvote 2

The last few days have shown us yet again the depth of feeling our supporters around the world have for this great club and the game we love.

We needed no reminding of this but the response from supporters in recent days has given us time for further reflection and deep thought.

It was never our intention to cause such distress, however when the invitation to join the Super League came, while knowing there were no guarantees, we did not want to be left behind to ensure we protected Arsenal and its future.

As a result of listening to you and the wider football community over recent days we are withdrawing from the proposed Super League.

We made a mistake, and we apologise for it.

We know it will take time to restore your faith in what we are trying to achieve here at Arsenal but let us be clear that the decision to be part of the Super League was driven by our desire to protect Arsenal, the club you love, and to support the game you love through greater solidarity and financial stability.

Stability is essential for the game to prosper and we will continue to strive to bring the security the game needs to move forward.

The system needs to be fixed.

We must work together to find solutions which protect the future of the game and harness the extraordinary power football has to get us on the edge of our seats.

Finally, we know this has been hugely unsettling at the end of what has been an incredibly difficult year for us all.

Our aim is always to make the right decisions for this great football club, to protect it for the future and to take us forward. We didn’t make the right decision here, which we fully accept.

We have heard you.

The Arsenal Board

1 minute ago, Aventus said:

Is it just me who thinks it's weird we're the only ones wanting our owners to fuck off?

No sign of Man City or Chelsea fans protesting against their owners. 

Strange that, I wonder why. 

Really gets the noggin joggin'

Chelsea fans were protesting before the game, until the news broke they were out.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Ok and what does the points deduction achieve? Slagged off in future but they’ll completely accept it when we say ‘no no, we got deducted points so it can’t ever be mentioned’ Fuck everyone else, they hate us no matter what and will pap on forever about this. I hated the idea but always thought that the best part of it would be that these shitty clubs who slag us off with their fans who call us bin dippers and murderers would drown in their own bile when they realise they only got paid because we were there. Fan solidarity lasted about 48 hours. Offer any of the ‘unremarkable 7-20’ a chance to form a league where they get 300 million a year guaranteed and they’d have sacrificed every season ticket holder like that twat burning his kid on Game of Thrones to get a slice. 
I guarantee if the 6 clubs got a points deduction meaning CL and the title went to scruffs like Everton they’d find a way to claim there shouldn’t be an asterisk against it.

The 25 points was designed to have all of them out of the CL and but not relegated. It was tongue in cheek really, to have them not in the CL and not just us which is where its heading.

5 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Is it just me who thinks it's weird we're the only ones wanting our owners to fuck off?

No sign of Man City or Chelsea fans protesting against their owners. 

Strange that, I wonder why. 

Really gets the noggin joggin'

Chelsea and Man City know they would be nowhere without their owners. I think Arsenal fans have become numb to their owners, Man Utd fans only protest when they are completely shit and Spurs fans are used to winning fuck all anyway.