You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

15 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I bet Dave wishes something like this Euro League breaks every other week. The number of page hits on this thread alone must have gone  stratospheric!

**Breaking news**

Sky sources understand that Dave,  CEO of social media fan group TLW has resigned his position following allegations of making stuff up, sources close to LFC claim he was responsible for false reports that the club were at the forefront of the ESL and would like to distance themselves from the breakaway league. Sources also say the season ticket renewal deadline date is fast approaching.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

**Breaking news**

Sky sources understand that Dave,  CEO of media fan group TLW has resigned his position following allegations of making stuff up, sources close to LFC claim he was responsible for false reports that the club were at the forefront of the ESL and would like to distance themselves from the breakaway league. Sources also say the season ticket renewal deadline date is fast approaching.

haha quality!! 

Statement from John Henry

Me, Linda and Tom have been on the FSG yacht for the past week and had no Internet or phone coverage. We are absolutely dismayed how Rick Parry and Loris Karius have put us forward for this league. We never had any intention to join and are frankly disgusted to be mentioned alongside these other clubs. 

We will learn from this mistake and only Dock the company yacht on islands with communications in the future

#ThisMeansMore

#YNWA

• Upvote 1

"Sorry guuuys! I am an American. I thought it was a no brainer to join a competition we couldn't lose - Forgot about your crazy British sense of fair play. Won't happen again. Here's some money, go and get yourself a nice defenseman."

Sure Im very late to the party but-

The delicious irony that the two richest clubs that destroyed the level playing field have taken the moral high ground is astounding.

Woodward will be Uniteds get out of jail card.

The Italian and Spanish clubs will be left high and dry here   

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jennings said:

"Sorry guuuys! I am an American. I thought it was a no brainer to join a competition we couldn't lose - Forgot about your crazy British sense of fair play. Won't happen again. Here's some money, go and get yourself a nice defenseman. "

*Hands over a hand full of change*

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

A good post as every Ronnie, lad. I totally agree with you about Champions and a Champions Cup. It's funny lots of the fans of other clubs going on about this Euro league and Champions league denigrate the 'old' format, saying it was piss easy to win because you played so few games and half of them were against no mark teams anyway!

They ignore you had to win your title before you got in the competition and, they cant argue the point about 'lesser teams' while saying having 3 and 4 clubs from one nation in the competition is greed. But they do because they want it both ways.

I wonder how many everton fans would be on board with a return to one club per country in a new Champions league. The hypocrites would be apoplexic because they know they'd never see their club in it again. Ever. The way things are, neither would Leicester, arsenal and spurs. Even we might struggle because city can and will blow everyone out of the water in the PL.

Fat cunts like cordon and martin samuel would be singing a different tune if city won 8 or 9 consecutive Premier League titles like Juve and Bayern have. Samuel would be lamenting why have other owners matched city's ambition. Well what's the point in spending £200m if city can spend £300m or, £100m more than whatever you spend?

By the way, Ive nothing against fatties, Im one myself. I just think samuel and cordon are cunts. But they're both fat as well!

Yeah I'm overjoyed tonight this thing is off Docker but Martin Tyler moralising about it all with Smudger is more annoying than his love in for the Mancs. Sky has made stadiums clean with good facilities through the money clubs have got, but thanks to them the likes of Derby will never win a title or if they do it will be like a Leicester scenario. The parachute payments mean the Norwichs, Bournemouths and Watfords of this world are close to coming back up while Forest, Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday etc stay where they are. Great to have Uefa moralising about this victory when the champions of Ireland, Armenia and Wales are pushed further away from the party thanks to their greed, but hey well in Sky, Ian Holloway, Uefa and fucking Boris. International football has gone to the dogs but all good with the game....I just hope this is the warning for the authorities but my gut is they will somewhat give in to the big clubs and leagues.

Anyhow, I'm confident for next season with the lads up for it. This season has been one mess after another but next year we will be a different beast. In the long term, hard to see how we will compete on the regular basis we expect. Jurgen is one of the greatest managers of all time imo so whoever replaces him won't be as good. Not sure if FSG will stay...maybe if FFP is properly policed the greedy bastards will stay on. If not, and with the ESL dreams in tatters, they could sell us to China or Saudi Arabia imo. 

31 minutes ago, Stickman said:

So that’s a win win for Utd , Chelsea and City are coming out of this as the good guys and nobody cares about Spurs and Arsenal ...

So what are we getting out of all this ?

More VAR fun next year