You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

4 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

Here's hoping this review actually happens. Both main political parties are up for it. 

I don't see how it can

How can you force people to give up nearly 50% of a company they bought. That's a slippery slope

And those clubs claiming the morale high ground will change their tune. 

The Premier league would go down in quality quicker than Serie A after Calciopoli

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

They don't have less morals they just don't want to invest the cash from I'll gotten gains like the Russian and oil states do. They are business men, the others criminals who are trying to launder for good PR. 

There's no good guys in this. 

The smugness from some quarters when this collapses will be as nauseating as the whole idea

Oh yeah agree no good guys at all...but when your owners are slower than Abramovich at realising this lark is no good and a dead duck and club needs to get away from it you know you those owners are the wrong ones.

1 minute ago, clangers said:

We'll never hear the end of this. FSG have managed to trash the reputation of our club for a generation in 24 hours. Impressive.

Have you been cryogenically frozen for 30 years. Opposition fans have been attacking us for decades. We’re already the UKs most hated.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lee909 said:

I don't see how it can

How can you force people to give up nearly 50% of a company they bought. That's a slippery slope

And those clubs claiming the morale high ground will change their tune. 

The Premier league would go down in quality quicker than Serie A after Calciopoli

Apparently the solution wouldn't require share ownership but rather a legal custodian made up of club members e.g. season ticket holders who have owned a season ticket for greater than 5 years as an example. Any significant structural change to the club such as relocation, joining or leaving competitions would require a 51% majority to be actioned.

Just now, an tha said:

Oh yeah agree no good guys at all...but when your owners are slower than Abramovich at realising this lark is no good and a dead duck and club needs to get away from it you know you those owners are the wrong ones.

I don’t think they’re slower - Abramovich and City get exactly what they want. They can now remain at the top table and spend with impunity indefinitely, because there will now be no change.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

European Super League - where the special becomes the mundane.

Proof positive that you CAN have too much of a good thing.

My Da has been saying for years that football is going the way of snooker. It was really popular so every weekend going was a new tournament. Everyone wanted their logo beside the game. So it saturated the schedule. To the point of boredom. 

1 minute ago, an tha said:

What's good for Chelsea and City had nothing to do with what's good for us from a financial standpoint. They didn't need the ESL to compete with us, we need it to compete with them. FSG will hold on till it all falls apart.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

What's good for Chelsea and City had nothing to do with what's good for us from a financial standpoint. They didn't need the ESL to compete with us, we need it to compete with them. FSG will hold on till it all falls apart.

If Barca go the gigs up, they really need this as they’re about a bazillion in debt, they’ll be the straw that breaks the camels back if they back out as they have the most to gain.

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I don’t think they’re slower - Abramovich and City get exactly what they want. They can now remain at the top table and spend with impunity indefinitely, because there will now be no change.

This proposed change was never gonna fix that problem and they were duped into thinking it was.

Seeing the reaction from our fans, manager and players- fuck everyone else, their opinion does not matter should have been enough for them to say hold on.

They of course did not and now are going to be seen to be/painted as worse than Abramovich et al...and us as a club will be too.

They've damaged our name one time too many now.

1 minute ago, Mcfaggen said:

My Da has been saying for years that football is going the way of snooker. It was really popular so every weekend going was a new tournament. Everyone wanted their logo beside the game. So it saturated the schedule. To the point of boredom. 

I was saying the other week, I was fed up of watching football, Friday night Saturday 4 games Sunday 4 games Monday night 1 or 2 games it was/is becoming boring I've started watching YouTube instead now thinking of converting a van into a camper.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Now that they’ve established themselves as the game’s saviours, I’m looking forward to Neville and Carragher getting stuck into Chelsea and Manchester City’s ownership models on next week’s programme. Keep up the good work, lads!

At least their not in the slightest bit greedy million pound a year sky contracts are safe, phew!

Hopefully this is the end.

We would be better taking the gloves off at the whole charade and looking after ourselves from now on (after a period of reflection of course). Truth is, I don't care if Chelsea claim the highground - I just want to look forward to going to the game without the fear that it may be my last.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

For me it was never going to enable us to compete with them....not at a cost worth paying anyway.

Appreciate detail released was very, very slight mind.

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yes, and the bizarre thing is, all the other oppo fans will be delighted because although their club will never win the league never mind be European Champions, it severely dents Liverpool's chance of success.

But all the gobshites like neville, carragher, tyler, smith etc, will have a warm fuzzy glow over achieving absolute nothing insofar as getting lesser clubs into the 'top 6' or whatever.

4 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

Snooker lost its popularity the moment we had more than 4 TV channels. It was always shit.