You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Not played and given his reasons. 

Really though? Wasn’t there loads of pressure regarding keeping fifa sweet as they pretended we had a shot of hosting the WC? 
He annoys the fuck out me sometimes but now that the whole entire football thing is on the table I think we need to be honest. He talked sense tonight. He often does, I just wish he’d STFU sometimes.

Wouldn't be shocked if we see a ESL division 1 and 2. 

The 15 clubs start in division 1, a second tier is added. Teams gaining a "champions league spot get a spot in ESL 2. The winners of ESL 2 get promoted to ESL 1, bottom of ESL 1 relegated to ESL 2, the team in 2 and 3rd enter a playoff with the next two from esl1 for place next season. 

It gives the breakaway clubs the guaranteed euro slots and a secondary chance to stay up if they fail but also gives them a spot in ESL 2 the following year(probable parachute payment) and ends the complaints of closed league. 

The Esl1 replaces Champions League

Esl2 Europa

Teams failing in these enter the UEFA Conference 

Some shit like that

Fans still hate it

But all the corrupt fuckers get the cash they want to make it go away. 

UEFA take a smaller piece of the pie 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

The 15 clubs start in division 1, a second tier is added. Teams gaining a "champions league spot get a spot in ESL 2. The winners of ESL 2 get promoted to ESL 1, bottom of ESL 1 relegated to ESL 2, the team in 2 and 3rd enter a playoff with the next two from esl1 for place next season. 

It gives the breakaway clubs the guaranteed euro slots and a secondary chance to stay up if they fail but also gives them a spot in ESL 2 the following year(probable parachute payment) and ends the complaints of closed league. 

Esl2 Europa

Some shit like that

Fans still hate it

The eye watering amounts on offer hasn’t been discussed much on here as far as I can tell. Don’t clubs get something like £10 billion just for signing up? £10 billion?!!

I'm really not sure how they can know yet.

But if they have spoken to the media outlets and its Amazon, Netflix or a ESL subscription service that's going to get it it would explain why BT and Sky ha e the mouth pieces out screaming. It would just add to the hypocrisy in them moaning about it. 

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Esl2 Europa

Some shit like that

Fans still hate it

This makes sense. This is just replacing the CL with a different format. What we are seeing is the hysterical fallout from the money men and their minions as they realize they've been shafted worse than when Jay Z did Dame Dash for Roc A Fela records. 

Basically what you are seeing is this:

6 must-see movies for an election year

"You can't take our CL gravy train! Football will cease to exist if we aren't hoovering up all the cash and someone else is!"

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'm really not sure how they can know yet.

But if they have spoken to the media outlets and its Amazon, Netflix or a ESL subscription service that's going to get it it would explain why BT and Sky ha e the mouth pieces out screaming. It would just add to the hypocrisy in them moaning about it. 

I would imagine the odd casual email has probably been sent between the two parties regarding the rights to put the games on the old box. (It’s the whole basis for it to be honest ).

It’s all about viewing figures. 100%.
It’s to get people watching TV as adverts come on before the game and at half-time. Look at the clubs involved-sponsors rule the game.

It’s only hypocritical due to the lack of competitive element in a new setting.

In a way I’m only playing devil’s advocate here.

14 minutes ago, Iceman said:

This makes sense. This is just replacing the CL with a different format. What we are seeing is the hysterical fallout from the money men and their minions as they realize they've been shafted worse than when Jay Z did Dame Dash for Roc A Fela records. 

I don’t understand these young references. 

E9B0945C-F700-4CE2-9FE6-71167489F516.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I don’t understand these young references. 
You’re one of them!

You sound like me when everyone starts talking about crypto currency. All sounds like fucking nonsense to me, you don't actually seem to own fuck all. 

Mind you if I think to hard about that it's sounds similar to current finances and banks. 

I'm off to invest in gold and camels. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Iceman said:

He’s one of those rappers you read about? 

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

You sound like me when everyone starts talking about crypto currency. All sounds like fucking nonsense to me, you don't actually seem to own fuck all. 

Mind you if I think to hard about that it's sounds similar to current finances and banks. 

I'm off to invest in gold and camels. 

I’ve a mate keeps telling me to invest in crypto. Can’t really work out if he’s mad or it’s good advice.
On another point so much talk about finances on this forum I avoid it intentionally. Money is an abstract concept and I think if you look at the balance sheets instead of enjoying football too much it can take away we got into it in the first place.

13 minutes ago, Iceman said:

So this Jay Z guy is like the premier league ? And this dash fella is sort of the dirty dozen? In today’s terms?

The story is so big I can only think in terms of the new European super league. Nothing else matters. Not food banks poverty or not my family I’m just worried for sky sports.

6 hours ago, Judge said:

They are not relevant. They are purely «money clubs» and this was expected from them. It was not expected from LFC, so it is no surprise that we get the hardest reactions.

Agree. And by joining this our owners confirm that we are no different from those two. And I have to say I’m surprised to see a high portion of people on here dont seem to mind, and seem to think this is fine as long as we gain an advantage on other clubs.

4 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Really though? Wasn’t there loads of pressure regarding keeping fifa sweet as they pretended we had a shot of hosting the WC? 
He annoys the fuck out me sometimes but now that the whole entire football thing is on the table I think we need to be honest. He talked sense tonight. He often does, I just wish he’d STFU sometimes.

I think the way he has attacked Liverpool and its people but refers to uniteds owners shows his agenda. He's happy to drag us through the mud but lays off his own and points the finger at Woodward. Hes a prick just because some of his points are valid doesn't change the fact he's a prick.

• Upvote 7

12 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

high portion of people on here dont seem to mind, and seem to think this is fine as long as we gain an advantage on other clubs.

I don't think there is

People have been waiting for it. 

But there likely is some resentment of some of the Premier league clubs from our fans, and that of other 5 clubs. 

The clubs in Europe wanted the extra subs with the lack of preseason and rest. The smaller clubs voted it down because it didn't benefit them. 4 or 5 of them last year actively tried the push a non restart if the league didn't scrap relegation for them. 

Any reforms put forward aree rejected by them. They want the money the big 6 clubs generate but don't want to give anything up like the above. 

I'm not in favour of what's been proposed but the ringing of hands from some if the clubs is nearly as bad. 

Look at Leeds last night with the Tshirts. 20 years back it would have been them, not City or Spurs being offered a spot. And you can bet anything the club would have been on board. They are owned by a TV right guy who tried to push another ppv channel into the country to split the rights even more and minority owners is a family that owns the 49ers in the US. 

• Upvote 3

Neville

They just want the money and its ruining the game. Also Neville(earns millions playing in a league that took football from the people, is employed by sky who tried to ppv games. Also Neville and his billionaire mates financially doped a non league club into league football. 

Salford played in Tangerine kits for 70 years and the 92 boys turn up and swap the kit for a copy of the mancs. 

BT and Sky are crying loudest because they probably arnt in contention to win the rights and see the end of the road of the channels if it moves to a subscription online system or someone like Amazon. 

Doesn't mean I like it but Neville is a dick

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I don't think there is

People have been waiting for it. 

But there likely is some resentment of some of the Premier league clubs from our fans, and that of other 5 clubs. 

The clubs in Europe wanted the extra subs with the lack of preseason and rest. The smaller clubs voted it down because it didn't benefit them. 4 or 5 of them last year actively tried the push a non restart if the league didn't scrap relegation for them. 

Any reforms put forward aree rejected by them. They want the money the big 6 clubs generate but don't want to give anything up like the above. 

I'm not in favour of what's been proposed but the ringing of hands from some if the clubs is nearly as bad. 

Look at Leeds last night with the Tshirts. 20 years back it would have been them, not City or Spurs being offered a spot. And you can bet anything the club would have been on board. They are owned by a TV right guy who tried to push another ppv channel into the country to split the rights even more and minority owners is a family that owns the 49ers in the US. 

All fair points, and the amount of hypocrisy out there should not be underestimated.

I still think a fair portion of our supporters will stand up against this, and I’d wish that portion was larger.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Iceman said:

As long as we stay in the prem league I don't think this will be so bad. At the end of the day, if the SL is shit and no one watches, then it will fail and they'll revert back to the old format. 

Exactly.  It’s replacing a Champions league that’s shit anyway until the knockout stages or until qualifying is on the line.  They’ve just added more teams an extra 100 games and changed the format of the poxy thing.  Not keen on an actual league format for the ESL but I’ll wait to see what it actually looks like.  

The outrage hypocrisy alone is enough to want this to go ahead.

• Upvote 1

I disagree with the principal of the super league.

disagree more with the notion that the current model of things is correct also.

why are clubs reliant on financial institution backed rich owners to come in and make teams competitive? And what do we think these people are in it for?

Professional football needs a major reform from the very top to the very bottom.

remove ownership for financial gain, remove the morally disgusting wages the players are on.

have a designated salary band for players and club employees like say the police force or nhs. Get it regulated.  Remove agents. Make a transfer fee reflective to the length of a players contract with a buy out clause. And allow a maximum number of transfers per club each season.  

make club ‘owners’ and custodians electable officials with a fixed term, have a fixed percentage of fan ownership.  And regulate the budgets on each area, I.e player wages and transfers, development of stadium and infrastructure, community projects. Have an official ombudsman and publish the accounts for the public record. 

have a workable salary cap and transfer budget, and in the interests of fairness and competitiveness, penalise the most successful teams based on league position to allow the others to catch up etc. Like a reverse grid in motor racing. 

have all match ticket prices regulated so that they are fair and even. Make kit prices the same for all and affordable. 

if players want to top up their wages by other means ie image rights, Instagram, merch etc let their ‘agents’ run it but keep it aside from the club running.  Make that the incentive for the superstars. 

the big clubs who generate the income by their capacity and popularity should redistribute that wealth back into the community and back into the grass roots level and down the football chain. 

these ideas aren’t really all that wacky but it’ll never happen because sadly money talks. 

UEFA, revert the Champions League to the old style, knock out from the start and only the champions qualify, or shut the fuck up. They're about to further dilute the Champions League to get even more money anyway. 

I can't believe the vitriol being thrown at our club by hypocritical money greedy bastards. Did I mention Gary Neville is a cunt? 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, J-V said:

There’s nothing stopping them being invited as it is.  The idea of having Coty etc in it was to actually keep them to FFP not the bollocks UEFA did or didn’t actually do.

You’ve got loads of people in here crying about these chest clubs being in the semis yet the same people are in tears over this.

Uefa had the chance they tucked up.  Sky had the chance they fucked over the fans and made themselves and a bunch of other cunts rich whilst destroying clubs along the way.  Fuck them.

Invited? Clubs should have to qualify and our own club is in danger of missing its domestic top four. Similarly Juventus and Real missing out on their own domestic titles. An element of 'If I cant play I'm taking my ball home.'

12 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Invited? Clubs should have to qualify and our own club is in danger of missing its domestic top four. Similarly Juventus and Real missing out on their own domestic titles. An element of 'If I cant play I'm taking my ball home.'

There are other clubs they’re inviting and this whole thing will obviously evolve to include more teams.

Not sure what Wenger's job is these days but he was on Bein sport for one of our games.

Basically said (presumably from a FIFA study) young people aren't interested in watching football now, they want to have access to goals as they happen. Not watch a live match. Guess this is what Perez is alluding to.

sky/BT must have been aware of this report so I doubt if its as big a shock as they are making out.

Be interested to see if chelski get the same shit as we did tonight.