You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They'd be taken to court and lose under level playing field regulations, ironically.

Be great PR for Alex and the hateful mob though so they might brazen it out knowing they'd most likely lose.

Maybe I’m missing something but why could the govt. not write the legislation to suit their ends with an 80 seat majority & likely support if the Labour Party? I’m not a lawyer so it seems to me there is little to stop them from doing what they want here. 

2 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Very glad to see a bit of critical foresight on here at least as to the motives of those spinning yarns against LFC et al here. The brass neck of The Machine that led us into the brave new world of 70 fixture seasons, the death of the UEFA Cup, the sale of the soul of the European Cup to the oil & Arab nations now turning around and holding themselves up as some sort of bastions for the heart of the game. The Murdochs & Radrizzanis of the world adopting some sort of 21st Century Working Class Vigil to protect the interests of their media conglomerates, and self-serving politicians hopping aboard the train decades after football has been sold to the highest bidder or criminal with deepest pockets. Its enough to make you wretch.

Watching that snide rat cunt try and be all high and mighty nearly caused that alone.

2 minutes ago, Judge said:

99,99% of the football world is against this soul-less, greedy, capitalist project. 

The one exception: this forum. Fantastic.

Football has long been a soul-less, greedy, capitalist project.  And as 99.9% of those who are against this seem unable to articulate why, beyond saying "greed" and "money", then I don't think it's a bad thing that there's others willing to step off the bandwagon and say "hang on a sec".

7 minutes ago, Judge said:

99,99% of the football world is against this soul-less, greedy, capitalist project. 

The one exception: this forum. Fantastic.

Carra and Neville were just asked how to improve things and both spoke for 6-7 minutes each, impassioned, and neither mentioned Manchester City or Chelsea once.  Not once. 

*Shakes head*.

1 minute ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Did Neville actually say it is "Woodward and LFC" are behind this?

Not "Man Utd and Liverpool" (because that makes Man U look bad), and not "Woodward and Henry" (because that fails to make Liverpool look bad).

Yeah in Neville's head Man Utd's involvement is all Glazer and Woodwards fault and they are dragging Man Utd's name through the mud....but in Liverpools case it is all Liverpool FC and how the club has betrayed the city and the game.

Snide rat.

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Carra and Neville were just asked how to improve things and both spoke for 6-7 minutes each, impassioned, and neither mentioned Manchester City or Chelsea once.  Not once. 

*Shakes head*.

They are not relevant. They are purely «money clubs» and this was expected from them. It was not expected from LFC, so it is no surprise that we get the hardest reactions.

Genuine question, who thinks this thing will end up happening?

I do think that fans not being around the stadiums gives them perfect timing to push it through. I can't even imagine the hostility that would be directed their way if their was a packed Anfield. Still not sure if that makes the difference with this mob. They just see tv money and packed stadiums in Mumbai or Tokyo and they would move clubs abroad if it gets hostile. Ultimately Boris the twat, Jeremy Corbyn, Prince William, Ian Holloway, Carra and Neville mean fuck all to John Henry. They see billions upon billions of profit, which means that fan ownership is off the table. It would possibly cost 5 billion to buy out these cowboys. Possibly more.

Jurgen looked furious tonight as did Millie. Will it be the players threatening to walk from multiple clubs and the big stars refusing to join that could put an end to it. Mbappe, Neymar, Bayern Munich players and multiple others not being in it makes it far less interesting for broadcasters. Looking at our team, I could see multiple players that could walk. They signed up to play for us but not to miss out on playing for their country. Robbo and the Brazilians being the most obvious. Would Sadio fuck over his people in Senegal? Would Mo fuck over his people in Egypt? No shock that Liverpool and Everton are the least patriotic fanbases in the country, but lets not forget playing for England, Scotland, Senegal, Argentina etc means a lot to the majority of players. Ingerlund means fuck all to me, but right now I hope that international football is what stops this shite in it's tracks. 

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

*Shakes head*.

Neville even went to opposite way and bigged City up for doing it right and building a "great team" with all these players he wants to see in one team.  CUnt was begging them to drop out of this and "make a stand". 

You can't trust anything this self righteous Manc scum has to say.

Die-hard football fans of rivals clubs always have had and always will have more in common with each other than they do the gang of arseholes running and profiting from the game in their names, yet remain too busy dickwaving and trying to one-up each other to ever see they should band together with solidarity when they’re being fucked by the same type of people, rather than revelling in each other’s misfortune and scoring shit moral points like ‘well, they started it’ while they’re all getting bent over. It’s not dissimilar to how we keep ending up with Tory governments.

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Yeah in Neville's head Man Utd's involvement is all Glazer and Woodwards fault and they are dragging Man Utd's name through the mud....but in Liverpools case it is all Liverpool FC and how the club has betrayed the city and the game.

Snide rat.

Hence Jurgen telling him to STFU about Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

Sky started this ball rolling.

When Sky annexed the old 1st Division and rebranded it as the Premiership, making a fortune from subscriptions and PPV's it set a precedent, it released the genie from the bottle.

Over in sunny Madrid and Barcelona, their eyes were turned westwards and they grew green with envy when they saw the money that English clubs were making from this new tv deal.

The ESL is wrong on so many levels and I really hope that it fails but make no mistake, the outburst and the bitterness being shown by Sky is down to one thing: jealousy. If Sky have the opportunity to bid for rights to broadcast the ESL then they'll be at it like a rat up a drainpipe.

At least Carragher acknowledged his and the Sky hypocrisy. Neville did not.

Sky had a monopoly on EPL broadcast rights for many years until  games were packaged up and put out for tender, competition was allowed to enter the fray.

Earlier this season, during lockdown, those same Sky hypocrites dared to charge £14.95 PPV fee to watch fucking Burnley vs fucking Newcastle! I take any Sky criticisms of this ESL with a large and spiteful pinch of salt.

Armchair fans too; those who choose to allow themselves to be ripped off by subscribing to Sky and BT and their scandalous fees have each contributed to this state of affairs.

Fuck Sky off, get an IPTV sub instead.

I hate this ESL already, but I hate the Sky hypocrisy just as much.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Genuine question, who thinks this thing will end up happening?

I do think that fans not being around the stadiums gives them perfect timing to push it through. I can't even imagine the hostility that would be directed their way if their was a packed Anfield. Still not sure if that makes the difference with this mob. They just see tv money and packed stadiums in Mumbai or Tokyo and they would move clubs abroad if it gets hostile. Ultimately Boris the twat, Jeremy Corbyn, Prince William, Ian Holloway, Carra and Neville mean fuck all to John Henry. They see billions upon billions of profit, which means that fan ownership is off the table. It would possibly cost 5 billion to buy out these cowboys. Possibly more.

Jurgen looked furious tonight as did Millie. Will it be the players threatening to walk from multiple clubs and the big stars refusing to join that could put an end to it. Mbappe, Neymar, Bayern Munich players and multiple others not being in it makes it far less interesting for broadcasters. Looking at our team, I could see multiple players that could walk. They signed up to play for us but not to miss out on playing for their country. Robbo and the Brazilians being the most obvious. Would Sadio fuck over his people in Senegal? Would Mo fuck over his people in Egypt? No shock that Liverpool and Everton are the least patriotic fanbases in the country, but lets not forget playing for England, Scotland, Senegal, Argentina etc means a lot to the majority of players. Ingerlund means fuck all to me, but right now I hope that international football is what stops this shite in it's tracks. 

Next to no chance it happens IMO.

It is all posturing and political moves.

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

Football has long been a soul-less, greedy, capitalist project.  And as 99.9% of those who are against this seem unable to articulate why, beyond saying "greed" and "money", then I don't think it's a bad thing that there's others willing to step off the bandwagon and say "hang on a sec".

Yeah, but where the underdogs, the little clubs, always has had a chance to participate and go for the big prizes.

I think the structure of the game needs ripping up and starting again from scratch. 

If anything, fewer games. Smaller European competitions. Resurrect the domestic Cup competitions. Incentivise them. Make a cup win have more benefit than a top 4 finish. Give Champions League places to the title winner and maybe the runner up. And another one to the domestic cup winner. Bang the League Cup winner in the Europa or maybe a CL qualifier with a guaranteed Europa place. 

A lot of this comes from the creation of the Champions League. Some clubs rely on that money to compete. When there's other clubs who don't need the CL money and can then dominate when a team that does doesn't qualify for the CL, it's a natural reaction and progression that clubs with a big pulling power will look for other ways to remain competitive. 

The game is fucked up and needs to change. 

• Upvote 2

A potential angle to this which I've not seen mentioned before...

If FIFA goes ahead and bans any player who's played in the ESL from competing in international football, as has been reported. Hypothetically, say Van Dyke refuses to retire from captaining Holland, what's to say he won't sue our club for breach of contract?

I thought both Carra and Neville were good tonight.

Klopp spoke really well before the match but was spikey as fuck after the game when we didn’t win. 

Some refreshing honesty from Carra about not calling out hicks and gillet when he was a player - and asking the question are him and sky hypocrites due to sky starting the breakaway in 1992.

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

A potential angle to this which I've not seen mentioned before...

If FIFA goes ahead and bans any player who's played in the ESL from competing in international football, as has been reported. Hypothetically, say Van Dyke refuses to retire from captaining Holland, what's to say he won't sue our club for breach of contract?

He's 95 his legs are gone.

1 minute ago, Mark M said:

I thought both Carra and Neville were good tonight.

Klopp spoke really well before the match but was spikey as fuck after the game when we didn’t win. 

Some refreshing honesty from Carra about not calling out hicks and gillet when he was a player - and asking the question are him and sky hypocrites due to sky starting the breakaway in 1992.

With Neville following up dodging his question as well.  Carragher was good Neville a shithouse.

• Upvote 1

If I was Chief Exec of this potential ESL, item no 1 would be a charm offensive to try and get the media and the fans onboard.

To attempt that...

1. Competitively price the product. Undercut Sky and BT by at least a £10er a month if at all possible

2. Bin VAR

3. No English officials

4. No international football

Just now, Judge said:

They are not relevant. They are purely «money clubs» and this was expected from them. It was not expected from LFC, so it is no surprise that we get the hardest reactions.

Right, so, we can't compete with them unless our next owners are evil, racist, murderous cunts like they are, or, if Elon Musk takes us over.  You literally need the revenue stream of a gulf state, or Russian ogliogarch to stand any chance of winning the league now. And if any other owner has the temerity to buy a club then they should spend their own money until they go bankrupt in the pursuit of winning a title, and they're bad owners if they don't do that.  

To me, that's the argument that's not being put forward by Carra or Neville.  That's the problem the Agnelli's, Glazers and FSG have.  They need to cripple themselves, or the club, by trying to keep up with people who can basically print money.  

As long as you and other fans are happy to try and compete for top four each season, 20 points away from the league title, then please do tell FSG you're happy to do that.  They'd accept that.  What they are trying to do here is guarantee a big income each season so they can try and compete, so they can borrow against guaranteed income. 

Just now, Judge said:

Yeah, but where the underdogs, the little clubs, always has had a chance to participate and go for the big prizes.

Really? I must have missed Fulham getting to the quarter final of the Champion’s League and pushing City all the way in the title race. The little clubs have been prioritising getting in the money leagues and fielding shit teams in cups for years. The little clubs are no different - they’re just trying to put their noses in different troughs.

Truth be told I don’t want this, but I’ve just about had my fill of being called a Scouse murderer, wall pusher, and cunts insinuating we killed our own fans at Hillsborough. Even by people sharing the same city. And even though we’re the first to supply other club’s food bank collections when they need it. So if it was pushed through and these fuckers withered and died, I’d have little sympathy. And I’ll be fucked if I’m going to be lectured to by hypocritical twats like Sky and Gary Neville.

• Upvote 12