You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

Mate of mine is a Wolves supporter, his take is quite realistic in terms of what football is these days.

Makes me laugh some wolves fans thinking we are more holier than thou. If Fosun had had the chance they'd have snapped it up. 

I don't think it will be all that entertaining a prospect anyway, the Champions League is mostly shite until the knockouts. With FIFA also wanting a bigger club world cup set up as well are we just going to move to football being a year round sport. How many games do they ultimately expect teams to end up playing. 

29 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They'd be taken to court and lose under level playing field regulations, ironically.

Be great PR for Alex and the hateful mob though so they might brazen it out knowing they'd most likely lose.

At some stage over the next few days the Premier League/Government/Uefa will have to put their cards on the table. Do they even have to win anything legally or just spook JP Morgan who are financing the deal. 

2 hours ago, Alex_K said:

This is also at the source of why this is happening. Because the Premier League has managed to beef the value of mediocre clubs like Spurs way above even those like Inter, Milan & Atletico. Many of the old European giants need this to get onto an equal revenue footing with the big English clubs.

Watching Sky puppets crow about greed undoing the game is like entering some sick bizzaro upside-down world.

I think in 2019 when Ajax got to the CL semi finals Burnley had more income than them.

Mad how people are getting worked up about "gross injustice" of all this, actually taking to the streets and spawning mass media outrage, but nobody gives a flying fuck about foodbanks or Matt Hancock's neighbour buying a yacht with your hard-earned.

I must have missed the part where I'd moved to Finland.

Nation of skindeep, clickbait fuckwits.

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Mad how people are getting worked up about "gross injustice" of all this, actually taking to the streets and spawning mass media outrage, but nobody gives a flying fuck about foodbanks or Matt Hancock's neighbour buying a yacht with your hard-earned.

I must have missed the part where I'd moved to Finland.

Nation of skindeep, clickbait fuckwits.

This is football,not the real world.

I think this is a big poker play, but the issues remain valid.  

How can FSG or whoever else rival Abu Dhabi's riches without putting their house up for sale to attempt it? 

There has to be a guaranteed big money income for the other big teams of you ever want to see another name on the PL trophy. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I think this is a big poker play, but the issues remain valid.  

How can FSG or whoever else rival Abu Dhabi's riches without putting their house up for sale to attempt it? 

There has to be a guaranteed big money income for the other big teams of you ever want to see another name on the PL trophy. 

Or you could simply stick to the fair play rules you created,but didnt follow through on?

Have to laugh at Micah Richards having the FUCKING GALL to claim that City have done things the hard way.

Also seeing Wolves fans get up in arms because teams should have to earn things... not like you had a boost of some of the brightest talents in Europe thanks to an association with a super-agent, is it... Not like clubs that have worked to build themselves up, like Brentford (with several ex-players and manager thriving in the PL this season), were left scrapping season after season while you bought your way back to the big league.

The levels of hypocrisy out there is obscene.

• Upvote 1