You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

Just now, KevieG said:

Monday Night Football is like Pravda here. 

We've been saying for years that football will eat itself due to the greed. Well here it is Sky, FA, Uefa, and its on you. 

Yeah and Parish presenting himself as a paragon of footballing virtue. Makes me want to vomit.

• Upvote 2

Guest Alex_K
1 minute ago, KevieG said:

Monday Night Football is like Pravda here. 

We've been saying for years that football will eat itself due to the greed. Well here it is Sky, FA, Uefa, and its on you. 

Never seen anything like it. This cockney airhead Steve Parish theyve got on now is just desperate for his cut. They're trawling them all out tonight.

4 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Never seen anything like it. This cockney airhead Steve Parish theyve got on now is just desperate for his cut. They're trawling them all out tonight.

Sky have been double crossed. 

They are throwing the kitchen sink at it here but I don't think these cunt Americans really care what Gary Neville and Steve Parish think

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

The faux outrage is that they know they're being cut loose.

It'll be clubs selling games rights individually and colectively selling highlights, magazine shows, previews etc under the brand.

True. 

Neville acting like a bitter ex-wife here, even moreso than Carragher.

To date, the only people i have seen that are keen on this are foreign fans. 

One Arsenal fan was bemoaning Arsenal having to play someone like Slavia Prague, when there are teams like Real Madrid out there. An Inter Milan fan from China was delighted, while asking, Crotone, who?

Rent-a-quotes coming out from under all the stones and behind the woodwork. 

I don’t agree with this, but the hypocrisy coming from all angles is sickening.

Anyone remember Kerry Packer? He led a breakaway league in cricket in the 70’s :-

“Packer was famously quoted from a 1976 meeting with the Australian Cricket Board, with whom he met to negotiate the rights to televise cricket. According to witnesses, he said: "There is a little bit of the whore in all of us, gentlemen. What is your price?"”

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if behind all the outrage and pontificating going on, there hasn’t already been secret meetings to iron out a compromise.

Guest Alex_K
6 minutes ago, KevieG said:

Sky have been double crossed. 

They are throwing the kitchen sink at it here but I don't think these cunt Americans really care what Gary Neville and Steve Parish think

I love it to be honest. I have enormous gripes with FSG under-investment into LFC, but that is separate to this. Ceferin with his smug, empty threats is going over the exact same ground his predessors trod before him. Completely tone deaf to the power of the clubs. The only mafia in all this are UEFA/FIFA - authority bodies that add no content, no value and take a big fat 'protection fee' of sorts for keeping the charade going. Then these mental capitalist Yanks swagger in and show the 'Old Boys' UEFA racket up for the impotent beast it is and they're all up in arms. Dogs eating dogs.

Guest Alex_K

And you can be sure that Purslow, Carragher, Neville et al would be crawling on their hands and knees, gagging to to lick the boots if there'd be a sizeable chunk of brokerage fee extended to them as part of all this.

I don’t like the idea of the Super League either, certainly not in the format proposed anyway, but Leeds can go fuck themselves.

If this happened in 2001, Ridsdale would have had them front and centre of this project and their dip ship fans would have been loving it. 

They’ve been a complete irrelevance for the best part for 20 years and think they can talk to us about “Earning It”?

Fuck off no-marks. 

C4B5BA7D-33C8-4CC3-AF5A-B52FBC9DC463.jpeg

3A63601B-608E-4DB3-A882-593AA7EB2D9B.jpeg

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

And you can be sure that Purslow, Carragher, Neville et al would be crawling on their hands and knees, gagging to to lick the boots if there'd be a sizeable chunk of brokerage fee extended to them as part of all this.

I saw Cock Piss Purslow on BBC earlier using significantly strong adjectives to slag off the ESL.

If it had happened in 2009 or 2010, when he had his slimey fingers inside us, it would have been exactly the same. 

Guest Alex_K

Listening to Gary Neville try to co-opt Jurgen Klopp & put words into Klopp's mouth may be the most revolting thing I've ever heard on Sky TV. Takes some beating.

So the two main issues, as far as I can see, are the "closed shop" and playing the same teams too often.  Therefore a lot of the fall-out probably could have been avoided by going with 32 teams, 15 guaranteed founders, 17 wildcards, and smaller groups.

I'd guess they're hoping for a compromise with UEFA.