You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

I miss Saturday 3 o'clock kick offs, I miss 1 to 11, "linesmen",  understanding the offside rule, George Sefton, Littlewoods Pools, European Cup, home and away legs, I miss MOTD and The Big Match.

Rupert fucking Murdoch can shove his Sky telly right up his shitter and he can ram it's bastard parasitic offspring, the ESL right up there with it.

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If that's true Neville is a fucking prick using it as a way to attack liverpool city itself, besides most people in Liverpool like anywhere else don't give a fuck about football beyond a glancing interest. He should walk round Manchester and tell them they've forgotten their roots. This is football owners not fans, not the badge, the same fuckers who make business decisions that fuck lives in all sectors of life for a quick buck.

Maybe he’s trying to give teams extra motivation against us in the run-in. I wouldn’t put it past the bitter rat faced cunt.

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

It took us 30 fucking years to win this league with a load of shite in it, what chance do we have in a league full of super rich elite clubs.

We'd be one of them rich elite, if it ran along side the PL then the 14 teams that aren't elite will be basically blown out the water.

11 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I miss Saturday 3 o'clock kick offs, I miss 1 to 11, "linesmen",  understanding the offside rule, George Sefton, Littlewoods Pools, European Cup, home and away legs, I miss MOTD and The Big Match, small boys using jumpers for goalposts. Marvellous!

Rupert fucking Murdoch can shove his Sky telly right up his shitter and he can ram it's bastard parasitic offspring, the ESL right up there with it.

14 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

I wouldn't miss that fucking dinosaur manc loving bastards voice. That's a point who would commentate? Neville and Carra have ruled themselves out so has Danny Murphy.

Thats a tremendous hat-trick early doors from the ESL.

As long as they get Keane in there calling everyone a disgrace. Preferably with his dog.   

So UEFA have just announced that 2 teams, despite not qualifying through the league will be allowed to enter the CL from 2024. 

Obviously this is not enough for the Troublesome Twelve but it is basically just a step along the path that they wanted. 

Bayern, who basically buy off competition in their own league and PSG who basically buy off everyone being the bastions of moral superiority is also slightly amusing.  

It's proper Emperor's new clothes shit. It's the same fucking four or five teams that are in contention for everything year in, and year out, anyway, two in Spain. Whenever anyone breaks through they have their squad comprehensively dismantled and the same clubs are back in the CL the next year, hoping to go 'as far as they can' and earn as much cash as they can, most of which goes in players' and agents' pockets. On and on it goes. Have I been watching a different game? 

• Upvote 1

I am worried about how this plays out - they won't throw us out of the PL - not sure there is a legal way they can do that. But as it stands - I am prepared to wave goodbye to the European League and leave the club to that - but keep the League as it is. Those memorable European nights were memorable for a reason - and that wasn't because we were playing Barcelona again. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

It's proper Emperor's new clothes shit. It's the same fucking four or five teams that are in contention for everything year in, and year out, anyway, two in Spain. Whenever anyone breaks through they have their squad comprehensively dismantled and the same clubs are back in the CL the next year, hoping to go 'as far as they can' and earn as much cash as they can, most of which goes in players' and agents' pockets. On and on it goes. Have I been watching a different game? 

Have Bayern ever not qualified for the Champions League? It is almost over 20 years consecutive qualification for a few teams. 

26 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Super League caters to this majority and the "legacy fans" as they call them are the vocal minority and unimportant to the big picture. 

The only way this might not be the case is if they organised, together (from all 12 clubs), and all stopped going to games. People would soon get sick of the "product" if it was just 50,000 people taking photos all game.

However, I couldn't see that happening. Enough will still go, and just grumble a bit while ensuring that the thing they're grumbling about continues.

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Can someone that read that Athletic article sum it up please.

My thoughts exactly. I did have to laugh at Ferguson calling it 'a scandal.' The manager and club who began all this are suddenly outraged? Don't make me laugh. Quote less hypocritical people if you want your article to not be laughed at.