You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

That's all UEFA care about. 

It's kills their money maker

I agree, but the replacement is a glorified Pre-season friendly tournament that you qualify for irrespective of whether your performance merits it and no relegation smacks of rewarding mediocrity rather than brilliance.

18 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

what if the PL kicks the breakaway clubs from the PL, which they they could,  what then.

The displaced clubs form a breakaway domestic league which most other Premier League clubs join anyway because the alternative is a global TV deal in the tens of millions rather than billions. The EFL, seeing the writing on the wall, then aligns with the new top flight and the Premier League ceases to exist.

I'm guessing that if this happens the outrage that Lineker, Neville, Carra, journos and other ex mouth breathing pros like Murphy fell will mean they will not take up TV jobs, cover the games etc. 

Also laughing at some of the clubs fans not included thinking that the top players will void their contracts and stay in domestic football as they won't stand being banned from international games. 

Yeah player A is going to refuse the play for City and get paid 300k a week and will join Everton for 50k so he can play international football. 

Players will follow the money and FIFA won't ban them anyway as its fucks with the big money earner.

A deal between UEFA and the clubs will be agreed. Probably securing a expanded competition and adding a few more spots for historic clubs 

2 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Let’s hound these yank cunts out.

You think it would be any different if we had a old style millionaire local fan in charge like the old days. Football as we knew it died in the early 90s when the Premier League started, The European Cup was replaced and the old home grown rules in Europe changed football forever 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

You think it would be any different if we had a old style millionaire local fan in charge like the old days. Football as we knew it died in the early 90s when the Premier League started, The European Cup was replaced and the old home grown rules in Europe changed football forever 

The only way things would change, in the Premier League at least, is if you mandated minimum 51% fan ownership in clubs, as in Germany.

Barca and Real obviously have that, and still act like twats, so it's not the be all and end all.  But you'd at least have ownership models that cared about the sport and fans rather than just making money.

It would stop bullshit sportswashing by middle eastern regimes or rapist gangsters.

I look forward to the conservative government championing public ownership of these local and national institutions for the greater good.

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

But you'd at least have ownership models that cared about the sport and fans rather than just making money.

It would stop bullshit sportswashing by middle eastern regimes or rapist gangsters.

Ask Newcastle fans if they care about that or winning something.

17 minutes ago, CrownPaints said:

Finding the comments from Newcastle fans and Wolves fans moaning about dodgy clubs, finances fucking hilarious. 

Wolves would still be in the Championship without a dodgy deal with a super agent. 

Same as them crying for the big 6 to be thrown out and what would they do then. The second they started a break away British league Everton,Newcastle  Wolves, Celtic, Rangers, Leeds and Forest would be screaming to get in it

3 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm against this. But, trying to work out the long term consequences for the game. More will become clear as we get more information. There's been claims that it'll kill off football. I don't necessarily agree with that. Domestically, the ball is in the home associations court. The clubs have stated their desire that this new competition should supplement existing domestic leagues. That can easily still happen, surely? But, the significance of the Champions League and of a top 4 finish seem to have been obliterated? 

It's all good and well for other clubs fans calling for us to be kicked out of domestic leagues etc. But, in the long run, that could be a shortsighted idea, as it'd surely devalue the competition that would then remain? The Premier League "brand" would lose huge amounts of appeal without us, United, City, Chelsea etc. And it'd lose money too. I don't like what we're doing, but it seems like the big clubs involved hold a significant amount of power and will have a significant influence on where things go from here. 

The it will kill football thing is absurd. Football is already by far the most unfair, anti-competitive sport in the world with ineffective at best caps on spending and criminal owners. Probably loads of match-fixing too, but yeah, this is the thing that will "kill" football. Shit makes me laugh.  

The amount of shite being posted onlone is fucking hilarious. The wannabe journos from fan shite have taken a rest from XG and other bullshit to post about this. Read one earlier claiming that even if Liverpool finish top 4 they won't be in Europe next year because they pulled out of the European Club Association so now cannot compete in Europe. He's surprisingly not replied to me telling him it's bollocks and pointing out Wolves and Burnley both played European football while not being members. 

It's shit, but so is everything in football these days. But just like if the big 6 broke away and invited Everton, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, Leicester, Wolves, Celtic and Rangers  to compete in a new British Super League they would all change tune and be in straight away

I will say, it's funny how if you didn't know any better, you'd think people running football we're literally trying to get people to get turned off with the sport.

Russian and Qatar World Cups, the appallingly incompetent usage of VAR and now this Super League. They're doing a great job infuriating people and being even more cunty in a sport that was already run in such a cuntish manner before the past couple years.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CrownPaints said:

Not sure if I get your point here CP.  Do you mean that they were desperate for Saudi Arabian ownership?

I'm pretty sure still that the majority of English fans would prefer the German ownership model (and ticket prices) opposed to the chance that they might get lucky with a billionaire.  The only ones I reckon that wouldn't go for it in huge numbers would be Man City and Chelsea.

But maybe I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, aws said:

This shit show wouldn't have been necessary if FFP had been enforced properly.   Did UEFA and the Prem really expect the established clubs whose fan bases generate most of the cash which fuels the whole filthy business to sit back while oil  states and oligarchs waltz in and sweep up the prizes? FSG are on record saying how important a factor FFP was in their decision to buy the club and now a few years later they're expected to compete with sport-washing countries and money launderers. 

Thats all good, and I agree football died last summer.

But how are we competing with them in this format?

I'm looking at this with a sense of grim inevitability. They've been touting it for years, so it was only a matter of time before something happened. Lots of pearl clutching about, but things change in football. The premier league, the European Cup being replaced, the Cup winners Cup ending etc. 

The cynic in me thinks it might be a bargaining tool for English clubs to negotiate their own TV deals maybe?

If it happens I'll still watch it. For all these kick off from the smaller teams, watch them clamour places when the entry criteria is announced. 

6 hours ago, Morning Glory said:

So as it stands we can never win Big Ears again. We can never participate or win the European Cup/Champions League again. The history of our football club is based on those iconic European nights, and they are now no more. I was in Madrid and will never be able to replicate nights like that again. That’s what FSG have signed us up too. I hope they rot in hell. 

The European Cup wasn’t given a second thought. Why else would Arsenal, Man City and Spurs be part of it?

It's a far step to go for a better position to force UEFA to listen. I hope this won't be on, but I guess the line have been drawn. This will kill the CL completely and the clubs that have turned it down like Bayern and Dortmund will be left crying when they have to play Sparta Prague in the CL final with 100k viewers and their pockets empty, and all players that have have a bit of talent will want the Super League trophy. 

Cocksucking bullshit this. Greedy bastards. On the other hand it's time someone fucked over UEFA and their backhanders stuff. 

7 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Everton fans tonight - disgusting cult club killing the game all on the RS this......

Tomorrow if they get an invite - I can see the benefits lad and as a big club.....

Football is a joke nowadays. 

Yep. The Esk is getting shit on Twitter for suggesting they join it.

Basically what you said:

"Fucking redshite, disgusting sell out twats, Tory club, ruined the area"

"Hi Everton, would you like to join our league?"

"Too right, der redshites heads will fall off when we play Real Madrid on the banks of the royal blue mersey. Hope we get to play Juventus there first game for obvious reasons"

Jurgen won't want a part of this. He'll walk before it starts.

Could see a number of our players walking as well. 

I'd respect them massively if they did.

Football was already rotten. Uefa and the Fa did nothing to stop that happening. This is the end though. Football won't recover from this and if it does, there won't be a Liverpool Football Club.

I would rather see us relegated than be part of this. A horrible nightmare.

• Upvote 1

Don’t get me wrong, on the face of it (let’s see when we get all the detail) this makes me uncomfortable at best.

But jeez the hypocrisy...

I hope those great clubs which share the values of the common man vote to expel those scoundrels who’ve been invited to the party they haven’t. 

Obviously they’ll make a decision based on the grass roots of the game, not the money they’d lose if they booted out their cash cows.

Nosireebob.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Jurgen won't want a part of this. He'll walk before it starts.

Could see a number of our players walking as well. 

I'd respect them massively if they did.

Football was already rotten. Uefa and the Fa did nothing to stop that happening. This is the end though. Football won't recover from this and if it does, there won't be a Liverpool Football Club.

I would rather see us relegated than be part of this. A horrible nightmare.

Where are the players walking to?