You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

I'm 99% certain Karl Heinze Rummenige was snared trying to set up something like this a couple of years back.

They aren't part of this and both Bayern and Dortmund fans have been vocal in their anger at this idea. I have no doubt part of their board wouldn't mind a slice - the fan ownership acts as a balance. 

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

I'm 99% certain Karl Heinze Rummenige was snared trying to set up something like this a couple of years back.

And here it is. If Bayern want no part its because it doesn't benefit them, if it did they would have their Audi, Adidas and gulf paws all over it.

Bayern are 75% fan owened, so that will be the main factor. 

I stopped listening to Nevilles views on sporting integrity when he was cry arseing about Bury going bankrupt with his parents being a big part of the backroom staff and all of its history going to waste. 

Meanwhile him and his mates are happily throwing money into a brand new vanity project with no history. 

There's two reasons Neville is against this,

1. he works for sky, and sky stand to lose money from this if the Prem is devalued as soon as their money makers fuck off.

2. His main aim is to get Class of '92 FC into the prem, if the Prem is basically a glorified championship and his new team stand no chance of getting into the super league, then his vanity project is next to worthless.

Owners trying to null and void last season to avoid relegation, owners stopping the 5 sub rule to benefit themselves, governing bodies adding more and more games to each season to maximise profit, there's no good guys in this, they are all cunts.

It's every cunt for themselves at the minute, and the cunts only care about sporting integrity when it suits them.

21 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Whenever Americans are involved, greed follows.

The game has gone to shit since Sky/PL fucked it up and this is just the natural course of effects.  Top it off with corrupt VAR and suddenly Rugby looks interesting. It will never beat my favourite game, Hurling. So I'm not bothered by it any more. Fuck the PL, UEFA and the money hungry clubs. Fuck them all. 

Apparently a US led operation.

24 minutes ago, dandyman said:

Neville can fuck off with his faux moral outrage 

Hes built a career as a player and pundit off the back of his paymasters rinsing the game and the “common fan”,

Stood there with the SKY Logo’d mic front and centre! Where the fuck does he think this whole thing originated???

If JPMorgan are putting a £4-5bn pa deal together, does he think that the pixies have thought this all up??

Whatever the alleged deal, the TV broadcasters are already part of it. SKY have already put their greasy fingers in already, yet there Gary is, front and centre crying wolf tears

Somebody needs to stick up for those plucky little underdogs at Sky. 

4 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Yeah, whilst I'm sure the Americans are pushing this, I'm highly doubtful that Chelsea and Man City are being backed into a corner.

You raise a valid point. 

Just to add surely spurs in a Super League is against some sort of Trade Descriptions act. 

This is so anti football and is purely based on the greed of the top clubs. Any club's taken part in this should be removed from the Premier league and all Cup competitions for a full season. Hopefully this will make them see sense and withdraw. Disgusting behaviour. 

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

They aren't part of this and both Bayern and Dortmund fans have been vocal in their anger at this idea. I have no doubt part of their board wouldn't mind a slice - the fan ownership acts as a balance. 

I imagine both will be involved if it goes ahead, they won't want to miss out and there's still a couple of spots left to fill. 

I doubt they are making any kind of noble stand, I imagine there's just different rules in Germany preventing them from signing up straight away, once they've sorted that out they be just as keen as everyone else. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RedKnight said:

Playoffs in different neutral venues around the world in the post as well.

It will morph into a world league down the line. Boca, River and the Brazilian clubs will be watching closely.

Liverpool - United in Mumbai and then Real - Flamengo in Cape Town. Can see it already.

Then move the LFC "franchise" to China.

Sad day for the club.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

It will morph into a world league down the line. Boca, River and the Brazilian clubs will be watching closely.

Liverpool - United in Mumbai and then Real - Flamengo in Cape Town. Can see it already.

Then move the LFC "franchise" to China.

Sad day for the club.

Yeah, the Argentine and Brazilian teams will be rubbing their hands hoping to make serious money. Their Libertadores must make less than the Europa league in revenue.

I have zero empathy, care, love or respect for the PL/FA or the fans of all the clubs who hate us, call us murderers etc and laughed their bollocks off whilst praying for null and void last season.

Same goes for the arrogant yet incompetent refs and officials who are killing the game with their stupidity....and the shite xenophobic, little Ingerlunder media and pundits that dominate the game.

Sky can do one too - hypocritical twats.

But all that said this isn't the way to stick our fingers up to them.