You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Super League to Rival CL - 11 Clubs Sign Up

TheDrowningMan

11 minutes ago, PrivateParts said:

I wouldn't even try. I can't imagine having any interest in it.

Yeah exactly. Nothing beats a big European night but us in this thing leaves me so cold. The storied European clubs like Celtic, Benfica, Ajax, Feyenord, Porto and some of the great Eastern European clubs from yesteryear mean more to me than a lot of the clubs that will end up in this. Our John will spend fuck all to win it. Why would he? He makes a massive profit regardless and it doesn't sound like there will be a relegation. The club want daytrippers (nothing against people who come to one game a season or come from Ireland, rest of Uk, Norway etc) but this will mean ticket prices will be set up to encourage people who can afford one game a year. They don't want season ticket holders....well unless you can afford thousands a year. They want you going into the club shop and spending a few hundred quid for the kids back home.

Agree with what people are saying about Sky, though I think Gary Neville and I can't believe I'm saying this is a decent human being or at least he genuinely cares about the game. I wonder how Ronnie Moran, Joe Fagan, Bob or Shanks would describe this....plenty of four letter words I would say. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Seems in line with this awful dystopian tragedy we’re living in. If it goes ahead I’m done with the game.

People say that mate I have myself this season with all VAR's bullshit taking the enjoyment out the game, but every week 10 minutes before kickoff I find myself flicking the match on then sitting there for the next 2 hours like a deranged mad man heading and kicking every ball and that's what all these mentioned club's owners know no matter what they do us fans will turn up or switch on and spend money in souvenir shops it's like crack once you follow a team your hooked.

• Upvote 1

Football lost it's soul years ago, it's been about the money for a long time now. The powers that be give absolutely no shits for the fans and haven't done for an age, so all this bullshit rhetoric from the PL/UEFA/FA etc... is just that, complete bullshit, designed to try and get the fans of these breakaway clubs to kick off. And some will.

I've never been a huge fan of the idea of a breakaway super league, but the amount of money that has flooded into the game the past 15-20 years; the toothless and completely ineffecitve FFP; the sportswashing of abusive regimes; the fantasy football plaything of an incredibly rich elite; the corruption that is undoubtedly prevalent in a football system that is so flooded with money (much of which has yet to be exposed); the ridiculous and for me immoral sums of money footballers earn these days; and the exploitation of ordinary working class fans for every last drop they can muster has caused me to lose a lot of love for the game. It's become detached from its roots and it doesn't care about the ordinary fan other than how much money it can make from them.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching us and still get far too passionate about it sometimes, have loved the energy and passion Klopp has for the game and the fan, but I'm not blind to the fact that football has lost its way (in my opinion), is heading in the wrong direction (for me), and is rapidly becoming a reality TV like farce, complete theatre rather than gripping sport, and so if we go the way of a super league, so be it. I have no love for the FA, UEFA, FIFA or the PL. They're only in it to enrich themselves anyway. Que sera sera.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, waddy78 said:

People say that mate I have myself this season with all VAR's bullshit taking the enjoyment out the game, but every week 10 minutes before kickoff I find myself flicking the match on then sitting there for the next 2 hours like a deranged mad man heading and kicking every ball and that's what all these mentioned club's owners know no matter what they do us fans will turn up or switch on and spend money in souvenir shops it's like crack once you follow a team your hooked.

I absolutely hear what you’re saying and can definitely relate. This season of all has really challenged me, the injuries we’ve endured, the persistent horrific VAR decisions and of course the abhorrent empty stadiums. But I still identify with it, I’m furious and passionate within the confines of 90 minutes. However, I do not feel the emotion any where near the same level after the game.

However, this super league is an entirely different prospect. It’s something that’s been lingering around in the background and the thought of it was always one of dread and anger. I could not identify with it and will refuse to participate with it any level. The beauty of football is really being sucked away already, this will 100% be the nail in the coffin for me.

German model now please.

Seize 51% ownership of the Glazers, FSG and the other parasites involved in football who have never kicked a ball making their children's children have yachts and riches. These owners are making obscene money off the back of a 130 year old club. Kick the parasites out of football now. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Freddo said:

Apparently Man City will join. Barcelona won't. 

Barca were the dolts that actually announced this a few months ago. When their former president left he publicly said he's pleased that one of his final acts was to secure a place for Barca in the European Super League. It's been a done deal for months.

I fully expect the "big" 4 plus Tottenham and Arsenal to be VAR'd to within an inch of their lives from now til the end of the season wiggly lines non existent hand balls the lot and Leicester to win the league by 5 points from Aston Villa.

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

SD hit the nail on the head a while back, along the lines of you'd be arsed if it wasn't for all the cunt fans at shite clubs giving it the murderers/Hillsborough shit, and let's see how their coffers fare without us.

We wouldn't be leaving the English league though? There is no chance on earth the league would boot us out either. We'd just be leaving the UEFA competitions.

53 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Sky and Gary Neville giving it billy big bollocks and slagging it off. Guarantee Sky will be front of the queue bidding for broadcast rights and Neville will be presenting. 

Absolutely this. Neville can fuck off. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, waddy78 said:

I fully expect the "big" 4 plus Tottenham and Arsenal to be VAR'd to within an inch of their lives from now til the end of the season wiggly lines non existent hand balls the lot and Leicester to win the league by 5 points from Aston Villa.

"From now on"? 

I'd hate to see what more they would do to us, maybe the ref picking up the ball and storming off home if we score.

• Upvote 1

How have England got 6 clubs out of the 12, with 2 of those clubs being Arsenal and fucking Spurs?! The rest of the top leagues only have 3 clubs. Surely the top German and French clubs have to be invited (unless they've turned them down)? All sounds like a shite competition with the same cunts playing each other over and over. 

41 minutes ago, PrivateParts said:

Playing Real or Bayern in the Champions League is a big deal, because you've earned the right to be there. Playing them week-in week-out would be dull as fuck.

I honestly dont get this mate. Every week, we see us playing the Burnley's, Sheffield United's, West Brom's, Fulham's etc. I just dont understand how seeing your team play the big names, world stars or whatever we call them, as boring as fuck in comparison.

But, this Euro League is in place, initially at least, of UEFA's Champions League.

9 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

"From now on"? 

I'd hate to see what more they would do to us, maybe the ref picking up the ball and storming off home if we score.

Even worse for us we will be having goals disallowed because Alisson is offside.

Liverpool fans who claim Gary Neville talks sense only do so so they appear to be urbane and educated people of the world who can rise above the petty tribalism of football, denying the evidence of their eyes and ears and trying to convince others to do the same. 

Even though all said evidence points to the fact he's a weapons grade cunt, a shite pundit and a simpleton who chats non stop shit. His and Carragher's WWF style double act is actually worse than VAR on the totem poll of "things that have ruined football"

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Absolutely this. Neville can fuck off. 

Sky are definitely cheeky fuckers like. They can't complain about greed with what they've done with boxing. It used to be top level heavyweight fights that were PPV and everything else came with your standard subscription. Nowadays, any semi-decent fight is another £15/20 on top of your subscription. 

Cheeky hypocritical knobs. 

12 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

"From now on"? 

Haha

Though I’m not sure how fucking us over even more comprehensively than they have done already is supposed to dampen the appetite for change.