Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dave u

Golf thread / my new project

Recommended Posts

My hot streak is well and truly over. Can't even be arsed watching the final round this week as none of my picks are anywhere near.

 

Hope McIlroy wins but would not be surprised if he just imploded and took 8 on one hole to leave himself too much to do. Feels like he does that every time he's in with a chance these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dave u said:

My hot streak is well and truly over. Can't even be arsed watching the final round this week as none of my picks are anywhere near.

 

Hope McIlroy wins but would not be surprised if he just imploded and took 8 on one hole to leave himself too much to do. Feels like he does that every time he's in with a chance these days.

I’m fully expecting him to fuck it up. He fucking loves a Sunday choke, does Rory. I’m at the point where i’m wondering what he will do to fuck it up rather than considering that he might win.

 

If he plays well and wins then that would point to Cowen having an impact already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dave u said:

Rory almost fucked that up on 18. He still might three putt here though.

 

 

 

 

Edit: He didn't three putt.

Went for a walk and had PGA radio on earlier. They said he was 100% from 6 feet in this week, which is fucking amazing for Rory. If he holes everything from 6 feet and in, he’s hard to beat.

 

He hardly hit any fairways today but it didn’t matter.

 

What a streaky golfer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Surprised Code hasn’t negged you for going against the boy Hovland. 


Hovland with his second 3rd place finish in a row. Was unlucky with his starting times on Thursday and Friday, should have been the winner under equal conditions (wind). 
 

Also number three in the FedEx Cup ranking.

 

 

76712570-F99B-49D0-AD15-D1623F3681AF.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Code said:


Hovland with his second 3rd place finish in a row. Was unlucky with his starting times on Thursday and Friday, should have been the winner under equal conditions (wind). 
 

Also number three in the FedEx Cup ranking.

 

 

76712570-F99B-49D0-AD15-D1623F3681AF.png

So you’re saying Victor is a bit of a choker yeah?

 

Interesting stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dave u said:

"He'd have won if he had Rory's tee times"

 

Frode is single handedly making me want to never Hovland win again.

 

Is it just me?


Hovland will win loads, so dont get too stuck into that feeling. 

You will all obviously love him when the Ryder Cup starts as well. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brownie said:

So you’re saying Victor is a bit of a choker yeah?

 

Interesting stuff.


Not really, he played his two best rounds in the last two tournaments on the Sunday.

Last weekend he hit a 65, the closest anyone in the top 10 got was 68.

Yesterday he hit a 67, only Abraham Ancer beat him with a 66, no one else in the top 50 equaled that.

He was unlucky with bad wind conditions both Thursday and Friday, those are facts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dave u said:

Shooting low scores on Sunday to back door a top five when he was never really in contention to win.

 

The Norwegian Cameron Tringale.

 

Victor Hovlau.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Dave - you thought about doing an idiots guide to the new handicap system? 

 

I don't understand it myself mate.

 

Fella I play with went from 18 to 2.3 in a week at the club he's a member of! Load of bollocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not betting this week. Don't have any strong vibes about anyone so keeping my powder dry until the PGA next week.

 

If I was forced into a bet I'd go Sam Burns to win and I'd have an each way go on Leishman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dave u said:

 

I don't understand it myself mate.

 

Fella I play with went from 18 to 2.3 in a week at the club he's a member of! Load of bollocks.

These are the guys you should be looking for - the fella who is a 14 and shoots in the 70's regularly is the guy to avoid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PGA week.

 

Don't have any one player I feel especially great about but I've hedged by bets and done loads of low stake each way bets.

 

My boy Cam Smith 33/1.

Fleetwood 45/1.

Hovland 18/1 (to win, didn't do him each way)

Burns 45/1

Willett 200/1

Cink 125/1

Homa 100/1

Harman 70/1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×