Quantcast
Golf thread / my new project - Page 5 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dave u

Golf thread / my new project

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's hard not to collect putters, it's such a confidence club. I have a Seemore mallet, a Taylormade Spider, Odyssey 2 ball and Nike Method Core blade that I rotate in and out based on my mood and I absolutely can't tell which one I'm best with despite the fact they're all completely different styles. 

The upside to having all these putters is it encourages me to practice because it just makes it more interesting.

The downside is I flip flop from week to week about which one is best for me.

Yesterday has really given me a problem. I was so good with one of those two boot sale putters it was a real eye opener. I think it's a John Letters one and it may even date back to the 60s. There's no way I'm using that on the course, but it's mad that considering all the supposed technological advancements in putters that what is essentially just a lump of metal is giving better results than all the higher tech stuff.

• Upvote 1

On 17/04/2021 at 14:50, Sugar Ape said:

Good call Dave. Always knew he was a wrong’un. I think a two week ban for trying to fraudulently obtain a fridge magnet is in order. 

This is the kind of snide, under handed cynical shit that keeps me coming back here year after year.

• Upvote 3

Is it just a coincidence that Usher starts up his new Golf venture and the next day football goes fucking wild?

Questions need to be asked

I'm not saying it's all his fault but it is

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mattyq said:

Is it just a coincidence that Usher starts up his new Golf venture and the next day football goes fucking wild?

He doesnt need the money,he already has a golf course in his house.

1 hour ago, mattyq said:

Even if it's eventually proved otherwise I'm still going to blame him.

14 hours ago, mattyq said:

Well he started Brexit. This stinks of Usher. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah they aren't cheap. 

I'd find it hard to justify spending that on golf shoes just because I'd always be thinking I could have bought something more exciting with it like a new hybrid or something.

The shoes are great though. Way more comfortable than any spikes I'd worn before. The Puma ones are boss as well, but I'm old school and think golf shoes should have spikes. Probably goes back to when I first started playing and you weren't allowed on any courses wearing trainers.

I always found that weird because spikes would completely fuck up greens yet anyone wearing trainers was seen as a pariah.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, dave u said:

Yeah they aren't cheap. 

I'd find it hard to justify spending that on golf shoes just because I'd always be thinking I could have bought something more exciting with it like a new hybrid or something.

The shoes are great though. Way more comfortable than any spikes I'd worn before. The Puma ones are boss as well, but I'm old school and think golf shoes should have spikes. Probably goes back to when I first started playing and you weren't allowed on any courses wearing trainers.

I always found that weird because spikes would completely fuck up greens yet anyone wearing trainers was seen as a pariah.

And now all golf shoes are modelled on trainies. I've got some adidas golf shoes at the cheaper end of the market but their 'spikes' are basically astroturf bobbles as grips.Useless in bad weather too,but great in the summer.

On 22/04/2021 at 20:37, dave u said:

Yeah they aren't cheap. 

I know it's the Masters and the grass is perfect but most seemed to be wearing normal trainers in the Masters this year. Maybe they had them customised with spikes in but it didn't look like it. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I know it's the Masters and the grass is perfect but most seemed to be wearing normal trainers in the Masters this year. Maybe they had them customised with spikes in but it didn't look like it. 

Yeah a lot of the new ones look like trainers even when they have spikes in them. It's difficult to tell the difference on TV unless you know what the actual shoe is.

Just looking at the field and checking out the odds and I have no strong feelings about who's going to win this week. 

I've just noticed three free £10 bets in my account though so I've threw a couple of those on.

Patrick Reed 1st leader 25/1

DJ to shoot 69 or better all four rounds 9/1

Will have another look later and see if anything jumps out at me. Tempted by Max Homa at 66/1 but he's not been playing great lately. 

On 22/04/2021 at 16:26, VladimirIlyich said:

And now all golf shoes are modelled on trainies. I've got some adidas golf shoes at the cheaper end of the market but their 'spikes' are basically astroturf bobbles as grips.Useless in bad weather too,but great in the summer.

I wore Beckenbauers years ago.

If anyone is looking now the new Puma King is a great golf shoe that doubles for 5 a side.