You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf thread / my new project

dave u

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

World Number one is a travesty without a major. Has Hovland won one yet?

No he hasnt. Im certain he will one day though. 

The full picture here. 

Are Luke Donald and Lee Westwood the only ones on this list without a major?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_number_one_male_golfers

D8B15DB5-E17B-4797-AE27-E7C2A6C4340A.jpeg

4 hours ago, Code said:

No he hasnt. Im certain he will one day though. 

The full picture here. 

Are Luke Donald and Lee Westwood the only ones on this list without a major?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_number_one_male_golfers

D8B15DB5-E17B-4797-AE27-E7C2A6C4340A.jpeg

Yeah,it is a farce giving it to players without a major even though I agree that it's likely Hovland will win one in the near future.

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Any hot tips for the Masters? Starts Thursday.

Don’t book a weekend away. 

I’ve somehow ended up outside the country (and therefore off my couch and away from the TV) on the weekend of The Masters, the City game and the fucking Grand National. 

Couldn’t have chosen a worse weekend. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, George Costanza said:

Lowry leading at the Heritage and sticks it in the water with a chip & run shot.

Spieth now leading. Tbh good to see him back doing well.  He's one of the few yanks I can tolerate.

I had Lowry to win, the knobhead. My own fault, I should never bet on Europeans to win as with the exception of Hovland you can't trust any of them.

Glad Cantlay didn't win, the boring vampire looking tit.

• Upvote 1

Cantlay is very boring. Inoffensive though. Still pissed me off he won the Fedex last year becuase Rahm had to pull out due to Covid when about 6 shots clear. Not his fault obv but he only won by default.

I'm more glad Van Rooyten didn't win with his stupid muzzy & bare ankles. Looked like a twat.

Good course though, showed you don't always need long holes to make it difficult.

Yeah agree with that. Not a fan of those golf kecks that look like tracky bottoms with the elasticated ankles. Scruffy twats. Don't like hoodies either for that matter.

It's the Zurich this week. I won on this last year with Cam and Leish. Haven't made my picks yet but will be doing them again plus a couple of longer odds bets.

Forgot to post this the other day but I did this on the Masters...

https://bangaveragegolf.co.uk/2022/04/14/scottie-too-hotty-as-cam-goes-down-in-a-blaze-of-glory/

Morikawa and Hovland teaming up this week at the Zurich. Proper dream team that, I'll have a few quid on them.

My boy Cam Smith won it last year with Leishman and I'd backed them. I'll back them again this week but I don't think they'll win. 

I like Pereira/Niemann. They're a best price 26/1 but I only got 18/1 for them with sky bet, which is disappointing.

Im/An are a good outside bet I reckon and I've done Bezuidenhout/Schwartzel for a sneaky top five at 10/1.

On 19/04/2022 at 09:56, dave u said:

Morikawa and Hovland teaming up this week at the Zurich. Proper dream team that, I'll have a few quid on them.

With this partnership in mind I'm kinda suprised the US & Europe Ryder cup captains aren't putting a bit of pressure on players to find potential key partnerships.  Would Morikawa & Schefller for example make better sense for both & US ryder cup.  Yesterday saw the Schauffle/Canter partnership & thought that would be good & low and behold after the foursomes today they are leading.  Aaron Rai doing well, always seems to go under the radar.

• 4 months later...

Load of reviews I've done over the past few months have gone live now. Clicks and feedback appreciated. 

TaylorMade Stealth HD driver

Perfect Practice Putting mat

WellPutt Classic Putting Mat

Srixon ZX4 irons

Garmin Approach S62 GPS watch v Garmin Approach Z80 GPS range finder

Srixon ZX hybrid

Mizuno ST-G 220 driver

Adidas CODECHAOS 22 golf shoes

Callaway Jaws Raw wedges

Also, I wrote this on attending the Cazoo Classic at Hillside the other week. You should find that one more interesting than equipment reviews! 

• Upvote 1