You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf thread / my new project

dave u

Ryder Cup week.

I'm picking Europe, probably heart ruling head but I could see some in the US team turning on each other. It'll be the usual. Europe well ahead after the team events and then the Americans making a charge on Sunday when they aren't saddled by having to play with a team-mate.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Can’t see past the US but badly hope I’m wrong and you’re right Are we having a separate Ryder Cup thread or do you like just having loads of comments on your vanity thread Dave? 

I think a separate thread is in order for this. Don't want a Frode jizz tsunami over Hovland ruining my vanity thread.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Boringdon Park is less than a mile and a half from where I’m now working and I’ll be working Monday to Friday 7:00-3:30. 

So I’m playing a round Saturday with the view to getting a 5 day off peak membership (can tee off any time after one o’clock). 

If I like it it’s great value for £39 a month and the club have said they’ll chuck in membership of 12 other courses in Devon and Cornwall (usually you only get this with the full 7 day membership as an old Captain is now living in the village I’m managing) too. 

https://www.boringdonpark.com/

• Upvote 2

Played my first game today since I moved to Portugal. Absolutely stank the gaff out for the majority and only played the front nine (couldn’t get a buggy, fuck playing 18 holes) might join the local golf society as they play a few courses round here and it’s only €25 a pop. Just want to get to the standard where you are confident you can cream the fucker. 

On 16/04/2021 at 13:53, dave u said:

Tell you what, I'll have a look and see if I have any knocking about and I'll send you whatever one you like.

Anything to stop the crysarsing. You're worse than Indian Red. 

Fucking hell 5 minutes playing golf and racist already.

Oh can i have one as well?

10 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Played my first game today since I moved to Portugal. Absolutely stank the gaff out for the majority and only played the front nine (couldn’t get a buggy, fuck playing 18 holes) might join the local golf society as they play a few courses round here and it’s only €25 a pop. Just want to get to the standard where you are confident you can cream the fucker. 

Portugal eh? Nice.

You got a spare room at your place? Or even the sofa will do.

10 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

The simple and correct answer is lessons.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, dave u said:

Portugal eh? Nice.

You got a spare room at your place? Or even the sofa will do.

You’d jizz in your pants the amount of courses round here. I’m west Algarve which seems posh to me but head more central and it’s different gravy. No chance I’m showing my mug round there for a good while yet. 

(If you’ve got the fridge magnets, we can come to some sort of agreement)

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

You’d jizz in your pants the amount of courses round here. I’m west Algarve which seems posh to me but head more central and it’s different gravy. No chance I’m showing my mug round there for a good while yet. 

Demand a mouse mat too. He’s got loads of them. 

43 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

It's not real golf though.

If you're not wearing so many layers of clothing and wet-gear that it fundamentally changes your swing while having to aim 60 feet to the left of the flag to allow for a whipping right to left gale force wind while losing grip on your clubs due to the incessant rain that means you are utterly miserable on the course; are you even enjoying yourself?.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Dave 'the watch is telling me....man fuck this watch '

Haha! I should never have ignored it. I hit a great shot and ended up taking seven on a par 3 because I over clubbed. If I'd listened to it I'd have been within 10 feet, which would probably have been a three putt bogey but would have saved me three shots.

I fucking love that watch. I can't always use it because sometimes I'm having to review different watches but any time I can't use the S62 it just isn't the same.