You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf thread / my new project

dave u

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Get fucked taking that tone Johnny. I was clearly taking the piss about the buddy comment, I'd have Rose over Lowry - thats my opinion. I'm not even reading the rest of your post. 

Your sound.  But the time of your post deserved the reply you got. 

You should read the rest of my post.  You might learn something*

*the tone of my posts will continue to worsen when replying to yours. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyH said:

Your sound.  But the time of your post deserved the reply you got. 

You should read the rest of my post.  You might learn something*

*the tone of my posts will continue to worsen when replying to yours. 

I think you meant "tone". 

He's picked his fellow Irishman Lowry who hasn't ever played in a Ryder Cup over one of the most consistent European players of the last 10 years. 

As was said above, it's a shame others have made the cut because I think there's a place for Lowry. Jut for me, not ahead of Rose. I'm not even that arsed. Just a bit shocked. But you and Carradona crack on. 

30 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm not sure I agree with that,fully. If you cant get the ball near the green in regulation,eg hit it a reasonable distance,it doesnt matter how many shots you take as you are already fucked. 

There is a big thing in golf now called 'strokes gained' and hitting it 300 yards but in the rough is statistically better than 2x 150 yard shots and its outcomes. 

We'll have to agree to disagree. You can be 10 yards off the green on par 4's but if you chunk or hit your chip in the teeth and then 3 putt its always going to hurt you . Whether you hit it 300 yards or 2 x 150 yards it still comes down to how many shots it takes to finish. Improving your short game will be what improves your handicap.

2 hours ago, Brownie said:

Rose has been poor this year. I actually thought there was a chance he wouldn’t pick Garcia because of their historic beef but obviously glad that he did.

Ideally Wiesberger wouldn’t have qualified and he could have picked Rose for his experience but I honestly don’t think he’s playing well enough either way.

I have a feeling the US will take this . Europe just dont look strong enough. I hope  i am wrong.

Rose Ryder Cup record including being on the winning side 3 out of 5 times. Agreed he's had a tough year but I'd rely on him. Oh and if you think I'm moaning, imagine Code if Hovland hadn't made it! 

ALL-TIME RYDER CUP RECORD

2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018
APPEARANCES
13 - 8 - 2
OVERALL RECORD
4 - 4 - 0
FOURBALLS
7 - 2 - 1
FOURSOMES
2 - 2 - 1
SINGLES

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Loads to offer as usual. 

You were chatting shite about golf and got a bit sensitive about it when a number of forumites (not all Irish, as you've incorrectly pointed out) pulled you up on it. 

Take yourself over to the Busy Bastard Bitch Fest thread and have a little whinge about it. 

2 minutes ago, Carradona said:

You were chatting shite about golf and got a bit sensitive about it when a number of forumites (not all Irish, as you've incorrectly pointed out) pulled you up on it. 

Take yourself over to the Busy Bastard Bitch Fest thread and have a little whinge about it. 

Hahahahaha 

I think from now on you can pretty much take the home team to the bank. US should be heavy favourites as they'll set the course up in their favour like Europe did in Paris. I'd be surprised if Europe win again. The one thing is that there seems to be so many personal feuds in the US team that you literally can't keep track.

Played the new course at Sunningdale yesterday. Shot 85, but played way better than that. Dropped eight shots on between 9 and 11 though after getting some bad lies in the heather. If you miss the green in the wrong spot there it's big trouble.

Highlight was when Wes Brown let us play through and I smoked a 3 wood off the deck 235yds onto the top tier of the green to set up a 15 foot eagle putt. I didn't make it, but Wes was effusive in his praise of the shot and now has a completely false impression of my ability!

Full account of it will be in the next golf diary.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, dave u said:

The decision really was Rose or Poulter. Can probably make a case either way. I think Rose is a slightly better option ordinarily, but Poulter's talent for getting under the skin of the US crowd muddies the water a bit as there's definitely a place for that.

Poulters Ryder cup record is very good. 

Just now, dave u said:

Played the new course at Sunningdale yesterday. Shot 85, but played way better than that. Dropped eight shots on between 9 and 11 though after getting some bad lies in the heather. If you miss the green in the wrong spot there it's big trouble.

Highlight was when Wes Brown let us play through and I smoked a 3 wood off the deck 235yds onto the top tier of the green to set up a 15 foot eagle putt. I didn't make it, but Wes was effusive in his praise of the shot and now has a completely false impression of my ability!

I saw you met Tommy Fleetwood yet your highlight is giving Wes Brown an erection?! 

3 minutes ago, dave u said:

Sunningdale is on the wish list.  What was it like?  I've actually heard mixed reports, which surprises me?

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Poulters Ryder cup record is very good. 

I saw you met Tommy Fleetwood yet your highlight is giving Wes Brown an erection?! 

Or put another way, meeting an Evertonian or asserting dominance over a former Manchester United player? 

Poulter's overall record is very good. His recent one isn't that great.

Just now, JohnnyH said:

Sunningdale is on the wish list.  What was it like?  I've actually heard mixed reports, which surprises me?

I played the new course, not the more famous old course. It was fucking stunning mate. Pretty long, especially the front nine (and because I was hitting 3 wood off the tee) and the greens were incredible.