You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf thread / my new project

dave u

17 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Usher’s missed a trick there. Surely you’d go with this one…

TerrificLegitimateDeviltasmanian-max-1mb

I bet nobody’s done that to Dennis before. 

He chipped in for birdie yesterday and I looked over just in case he busted that move out. He didn't, and I wanted to to do it for him but kept thinking about that episode of Father Ted when he met Victor Medrew so I restrained myself.

Top fella Dennis though, great company and a tidy golfer. 9 handicapper at 72 years of age. 

My driving let me down yesterday. Too erratic, I kept finding trouble off the tee and shot 87.

I have well and truly put the mockers on JT’s little charge. He was two back when I posted that. Now it’s five. He’s missed the last six fairways. 

Still a long way to go but it’s looking like it’s between Cantlay & Rahm already. Someone will need to post a really low score tomorrow to have any kind of chance on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

What are you doing to try to improve your putting @dave u? I hit the ball well for me today and only shot 84 because I literally made one single putt all day. Missed 3 of 4 birdie putts inside about 12 feet.

All sorts. Practising a lot, I've tried different techniques, little adjustments mostly trying to hit on something that works.

So far no real joy. I've been messing around with my classic original Ping Anser today and I'm doing ok with that so might give that a run on the course next time I play.

11 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bryson’s drive up the 18th missed the fairway by that much it ended up on another hole, where it seems someone picked it up and fucked off. 

Round Up writing itself again this week...

I wasn't even watching, I got bored and put the Solheim Cup on as there was a big controversy there. Within 5 minutes I was all in on hating the US Team, so when the Ryder Cup starts I'll be like a Blue in a derby game.

Just now, dave u said:

Round Up writing itself again this week...

I wasn't even watching, I got bored and put the Solheim Cup on as there was a big controversy there. Within 5 minutes I was all in on hating the US Team, so when the Ryder Cup starts I'll be like a Blue in a derby game.

They showed a few seconds of that on the coverage. What was the ruling in the end?