You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf thread / my new project

dave u

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I used to watch both of them myself but just got a bit bored. Mr Short Game isn't even a PGA instructor though. 

He's a good little golfer though. Some of his tips have been useful and he's more likeable than most.

Shiels' videos are really good and if I hadn't listened to his podcast I'd probably not have anything negative to say about him. His video this week with the world's smallest blades was boss.

16 hours ago, dave u said:

I can't watch James Robinson, he annoys the fuck out of me. So does Shiels now to be fair. I loved watching his videos but then I listened to his podcast. Shouldn't have, because now I think he's a bit of a tit whose success has completely gone to his head. It's put me off his videos now, even though I've always enjoyed them.

I like Peter Finch and the little American fella, Mr Short Game.

Mr Short game is not bad. Not sure about Finch. There's a bit of Billy big bollox about shiels. Tried to watch a Scottish guy , think his name is Steve Johnston but he is very fuckin technical.

Matt Fryer seems a nice enough fella. I don't mind watching his videos. Ali Taylor has some decent stuff too.

I don't watch any of them religiously, I just dip in and out depending on the content and whether it grabs my attention or not.

20 hours ago, dave u said:

Matt Fryer seems a nice enough fella. I don't mind watching his videos. Ali Taylor has some decent stuff too.

I don't watch any of them religiously, I just dip in and out depending on the content and whether it grabs my attention or not.

Paige Spiranac is the one!!, thing is I can never concentrate on what she is doing with the club. Generally also just wander through all the golf vids and have a look at what I like the look of. On another note our kid is at the senior pro am at Formby today. He sent me a pic of Ruddock...he is fuckin massive.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I like him,Steve Johnstone. Good stuff.

I watch loads of youtube golf but I don't think I've ever seen him. Will check it out.

Stacked Golf is a guilty pleasure. I don't even know why I like it, I just do.

If you haven't seen it, it's a young couple who live in Florida and they go around flea markets, garage sales and charity shops looking for old golf clubs. Then they go out and play with them. It sounds shit, and I can't really even explain to you why it isn't. I just like it.

SAS Golf is another one.

11 hours ago, dave u said:

I watch loads of youtube golf but I don't think I've ever seen him. Will check it out.

If you haven't seen it, it's a young couple who live in Florida and they go around flea markets, garage sales and charity shops looking for old golf clubs. Then they go out and play with them. It sounds shit, and I can't really even explain to you why it isn't. I just like it.

SAS Golf is another one.

Haha those random ones are addictive at time. I keep getting caught up with Golf mates which is really random and doesnt really offer any tips.

17 hours ago, dave u said:

SAS Golf is another one.

That fella from SAS golf just gets on my nerves for some reason. Ive seen that Stacked Golf but not something for me personally. I used to watch that Golfmates but it's so unfunny and their accents just piss me off. He's a proper Div the lad from Bolton who does it.

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

If I had know there was a Venezuelan golfer at the Olympics called Johnny Vegas he would definitely had a fiver of mine on him.

Speaking of bets, forgot to post mine.

I have...

To win

Cam Smith

Sungjai Im

Si Woo Kim

To be in the medal places

Straka

Bezuidenhout

Leishman

Badly need a result here. Checked through my history and I made £265 profit in my first month golf betting, and I'm over a hundred down since then. Si Woo Kim winning gets me the biggest payout so I'm rooting for him, with Straka and Bezuidenhout in the silver and bronze ideally.

4 minutes ago, dave u said:

Speaking of bets, forgot to post mine.

I have...

To win

Cam Smith

Sungjai Im

Si Woo Kim

To be in the medal places

Straka

Bezuidenhout

Leishman

Badly need a result here. Checked through my history and I made £265 profit in my first month golf betting, and I'm over a hundred down since then. Si Woo Kim winning gets me the biggest payout so I'm rooting for him, with Straka and Bezuidenhout in the silver and bronze ideally.

You should do it on Betfair and lay your bets off when you have a profit. 

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

You should do it on Betfair and lay your bets off when you have a profit. 

That's hardened gambler talk! I have no idea about all that stuff, I'm pretty basic with my gambling. All that in play shit and laying off, it's all way over my head.

Wish I'd have been able to last that last week with that bum Fowler though. -7 after round one and in the lead. Ends up -6 for the tournament three days later. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dave u said:

That's hardened gambler talk! I have no idea about all that stuff, I'm pretty basic with my gambling. All that in play shit and laying off, it's all way over my head.

Wish I'd have been able to last that last week with that bum Fowler though. -7 after round one and in the lead. Ends up -6 for the tournament three days later. 

Its piss easy. Turdseye even knows how to do it.

• Upvote 1

Just watched Rick Shiels and Min Gee Woo play St Andrews in reverse. Shiels using an old set of hickory clubs and a gutty ball for last 3 holes. Really enjoyed it and for the first time I could really see the humps and hollows around and on the greens. 

2 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Just watched Rick Shiels and Min Gee Woo play St Andrews in reverse. Shiels using an old set of hickory clubs and a gutty ball for last 3 holes. Really enjoyed it and for the first time I could really see the humps and hollows around and on the greens. 

I watched that a while back. Woo (not that one) was amazing, wasn’t surprised at all to see him winning tournaments not long after.

6 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I watched that a while back. Woo (not that one) was amazing, wasn’t surprised at all to see him winning tournaments not long after.

Yeah,  my bad there , its the brother Min Woo Lee he played with fucked the name up completely!. It was the Scottish Open he won,yeah?

2 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Yeah,  my bad there , its the brother Min Woo Lee he played with fucked the name up completely!. It was the Scottish Open he won,yeah?

Yeah and then his sister won a major in the womens game the other week as well.

13 hours ago, CapeRed said:

I hope their nickname isnt Minge.

Leaderboard at the Olympics is class. Final day should be good. 

My only chance of getting any cash back is if Straka can sneak a medal, but there are so many big names up there now I don't like his chances.

Hideki probably going win due to the home advantage.