You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf thread / my new project

dave u

My hot streak is well and truly over. Can't even be arsed watching the final round this week as none of my picks are anywhere near.

Hope McIlroy wins but would not be surprised if he just imploded and took 8 on one hole to leave himself too much to do. Feels like he does that every time he's in with a chance these days.

7 minutes ago, dave u said:

My hot streak is well and truly over. Can't even be arsed watching the final round this week as none of my picks are anywhere near.

Hope McIlroy wins but would not be surprised if he just imploded and took 8 on one hole to leave himself too much to do. Feels like he does that every time he's in with a chance these days.

I’m fully expecting him to fuck it up. He fucking loves a Sunday choke, does Rory. I’m at the point where i’m wondering what he will do to fuck it up rather than considering that he might win.

If he plays well and wins then that would point to Cowen having an impact already.

10 minutes ago, dave u said:

Rory almost fucked that up on 18. He still might three putt here though.

Edit: He didn't three putt.

Went for a walk and had PGA radio on earlier. They said he was 100% from 6 feet in this week, which is fucking amazing for Rory. If he holes everything from 6 feet and in, he’s hard to beat.

He hardly hit any fairways today but it didn’t matter.

What a streaky golfer.

11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Surprised Code hasn’t negged you for going against the boy Hovland. 

Hovland with his second 3rd place finish in a row. Was unlucky with his starting times on Thursday and Friday, should have been the winner under equal conditions (wind). 

Also number three in the FedEx Cup ranking.

76712570-F99B-49D0-AD15-D1623F3681AF.png

1 hour ago, Code said:

Hovland with his second 3rd place finish in a row. Was unlucky with his starting times on Thursday and Friday, should have been the winner under equal conditions (wind). 

Also number three in the FedEx Cup ranking.

76712570-F99B-49D0-AD15-D1623F3681AF.png

So you’re saying Victor is a bit of a choker yeah?

Interesting stuff.

2 hours ago, dave u said:

"He'd have won if he had Rory's tee times"

Frode is single handedly making me want to never Hovland win again.

Is it just me?

Hovland will win loads, so dont get too stuck into that feeling. 

You will all obviously love him when the Ryder Cup starts as well. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Brownie said:

So you’re saying Victor is a bit of a choker yeah?

Interesting stuff.

Not really, he played his two best rounds in the last two tournaments on the Sunday.

Last weekend he hit a 65, the closest anyone in the top 10 got was 68.

Yesterday he hit a 67, only Abraham Ancer beat him with a 66, no one else in the top 50 equaled that.

He was unlucky with bad wind conditions both Thursday and Friday, those are facts. 

22 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Dave - you thought about doing an idiots guide to the new handicap system? 

I don't understand it myself mate.

Fella I play with went from 18 to 2.3 in a week at the club he's a member of! Load of bollocks.

12 minutes ago, dave u said:

I don't understand it myself mate.

Fella I play with went from 18 to 2.3 in a week at the club he's a member of! Load of bollocks.

These are the guys you should be looking for - the fella who is a 14 and shoots in the 70's regularly is the guy to avoid.

PGA week.

Don't have any one player I feel especially great about but I've hedged by bets and done loads of low stake each way bets.

My boy Cam Smith 33/1.

Fleetwood 45/1.

Hovland 18/1 (to win, didn't do him each way)

Burns 45/1

Willett 200/1

Cink 125/1

Homa 100/1

Harman 70/1