You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Intense/Suspenseful Scenes in Movies

Bjornebye

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2021 at 10:20, Baresi said:

Silence of the lambs - Clarice getting hunted by Bill with the night-vision goggles on.

In the early 90s I was on an inter-city bus in Spain.  There was a telly at the front of the bus, so they could show films for the passengers. This night, they were showing El Silencio de los Corderos.  Every bus or train journey I've ever been on ends with people putting their coats on and getting their luggage ready 5 minutes before reaching the destination; but not this one. The bus pulled in to the terminus when Clarice and Buffalo Bill were stalking each other and nobody moved. We all sat there for 5 or 10 minutes after the bus had stopped, because we had to watch the film (or at least that scene) through to the end.

• Upvote 1

On 16/04/2021 at 11:37, Juniper said:

Pretty much most of No Country for Old Men.

Especially the scenes with Javier Bardem.

The coin toss scene in the gas station in particular.

More the slow build up to the action here, but the way it’s filmed and the score just perfectly raises your anticipation for what you know is coming.

The hitman driving the Dodge Charger was Bill Hickman who was a real stunt driver. The guy who slides off his motorcycle during the chase is Bud Ekins, who doubled for McQueen when jumping the barbed wire in The Great Escape.

Final little bit of trivia, as Zodiac gets a mention a few pages back, McQueen had worked with Dave Toschi, the real detective on the Zodiac case (played by Mark Ruffalo In Zodiac), and based his character off him and copied his gun holster.

Ok, I’ve bored you enough with my love of this film.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...