Quantcast
Leeds (A) Premier League - 19/4/21 - 20:00 - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Leeds (A) Premier League - 19/4/21 - 20:00

22 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Given I can see Elland Road from my house, we best fucking win.

I think our players are staying at Oulten Hall in Rothwell, so I'm gonna go down on Monday afternoon.

Wool.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I always wondered, why have you a Newcastle badge as your profile picture?

White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I always wondered, why have you a Newcastle badge as your profile picture?

As obvious as a priest on a mountain of sugar. 

• Upvote 4

I know it’s hard to believe, but their fan base is worse than Everton’s. I’d trade you a dozen of Leeds worst to live in your lives for twelve of those cuddly, misunderstood Evertonians all day long. 

It’s great we can make up points on Leicester and West Ham ( self harms with blunt object)

Maybe it is a where you are from thing and or an age thing but for me Leeds are just irrelevant, just a nothing club that don't stir up any kind of feelings either way.

They were irrelevant for most of when i was growing up - have been irrelevant for most of my adult life and there is of course no local rivalry at all.

They are no different than Stoke or Swansea to me.

Yeah they had a brief period of success in the late 60's early 70's - have a big support (one club big city and surrounding areas have a real scarcity of succesful clubs) but just a nothing to me personally.

Yesterday’s news has allowed an avalanche of Good v Evil to be applied to this by fixture by some Leeds friends of mine. 

We now have to beat them by a minimum 12 goals. Anything less and they’ll declare it a moral victory.

• Upvote 1

My mrs is from Doncaster and knows her football.  I've managed to convert her to being a red over the years but getting her to say the word "the" has been more difficult. 

She used to go watch Leeds years ago and suddenly announced on Saturday that she wants them to beat us. I'm so fucking angry.

14 minutes ago, A Red said:

My mrs is from Doncaster and knows her football.  I've managed to convert her to being a red over the years but getting her to say the word "the" has been more difficult. 

She used to go watch Leeds years ago and suddenly announced on Saturday that she wants them to beat us. I'm so fucking angry.

I’d tell you to divorce her immediately or, better yet, murder her and bury the body under the patio.

However, in these more enlightened times, you should first have her assessed for some form of mental disorder.

If that comes back clear, commence operation divorce/murder. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, an tha said:

Maybe it is a where you are from thing and or an age thing but for me Leeds are just irrelevant, just a nothing club that don't stir up any kind of feelings either way.

They were irrelevant for most of when i was growing up - have been irrelevant for most of my adult life and there is of course no local rivalry at all.

They are no different than Stoke or Swansea to me.

Yeah they had a brief period of success in the late 60's early 70's - have a big support (one club big city and surrounding areas have a real scarcity of succesful clubs) but just a nothing to me personally.

I do remember,just about,their successful period in the late 60s through the mid 70s and remember the rivalry but since then I only remember them beating United to the title in 92 and I like them for that. Their midfield was immense too,Strachan,Gary Mac,Gary Speed and was it a young David Batty too?

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I do remember,just about,their successful period in the late 60s through the mid 70s and remember the rivalry but since then I only remember them beating United to the title in 92 and I like them for that. Their midfield was immense too,Strachan,Gary Mac,Gary Speed and was it a young David Batty too?

It was. Good player, decent bloke as well. I’d have liked us to sign him when he left Leeds but he went to Blackburn instead. 

Not much raises my eyebrows with football , but Batty taking a very important penalty for England in 1998 while cheerfully admitting he had never taken one in his life is one such occasion.

Klopp is going to get pressed heavily about this ESL lark before and after this game.

I'd imagine he'd play a straight bat and say he can only deal with football matches that is his job and nothing else.

Are we still playing tonight or has VAR awarded Leeds a win because Alisson was offside in his 6yrd box when Mo scored a pen?  Just asking for a friend like.

This game was ostensibly about us looking to qualify for a tournament our cunt owners have now signed us out of after 60 years of tradition and history.

Couldn't give a fuck about the result as it obviously doesn't mean anything anymore.