You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (A) Premier League - 19/4/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

I think it also an age thing for the likes of me who despised them as ' Dirty Leeds ' in the late 60's  and even managed to get a dig in at them in my 11-plus essay.

At the risk of YR's ire however I would say that other than us they are the only team I have made any effort to watch this season.

Did you compare Bremner and Giles to the great assasins from Shakesphere Sir Roger?

• Upvote 1

Our U18’s smashed their equivalents 1-6 at the weekend. I messaged all my Leeds supporting friends to inform them, nobody replied. 

The U14’s also won against the same opponents a few weeks back. Again, not a peep.

Watch what happens if they get a result Monday! 

Cunts the lot of them. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

They certainly have done previously. 

I read England stayed there the other year. 

My Dad took me there during Euro 96. I got my photo with Heirro. When he was a great player and Spain and Real Madrid captain, not when he went to Bolton. 

I’d have thought The Village at Morely would have been more appropriate. 

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I read England stayed there the other year. 

My Dad took me there during Euro 96. I got my photo with Heirro. When he was a great player and Spain and Real Madrid captain, not when he went to Bolton. 

I’d have thought The Village at Morely would have been more appropriate. 

Maybe. It’s obviously a while ago but they definitely used to stay at Oulton Hall when they played Leeds. 

They once stayed at, what is now, the Holiday Inn just off J40 of the M1 in Wakefield. It was before an FA Cup match against Barnsley in the 1980’s. I met Mark Lawrenson and Alan Hansen. Lawrenson told me to smile. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Maybe. It’s obviously a while ago but they definitely used to stay at Oulton Hall when they played Leeds. 

They once stayed at, what is now, the Holiday Inn just off J40 of the M1 in Wakefield. It was before an FA Cup match against Barnsley in the 1980’s. I met Mark Lawrenson and Alan Hansen. Lawrenson told me to smile. 

Did you tell him you would if he stopped telling jokes

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Maybe. It’s obviously a while ago but they definitely used to stay at Oulton Hall when they played Leeds. . 

They stayed at the Holiday Inn just off the M62 at Brighouse when we played Huddersfield the other season, which is a surprise, because it’s a fucking dump. 

• Upvote 1

Every time I’ve seen their goalie, he’s done his best to gift the opposition a goal with a terrible pass. With our current poor finishing, however....

Not exactly thrilled about having Anthony Taylor in charge, with Mason on VAR.

10 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I remember going to this game in 1991....Should have scored about 10 by half but in that season we had a massive Achilles heel...The defence

And Leeds fans always bleat on about the goal they had disallowed off for offside but conveniently forgot we had one disallowed as well. 

On 14/04/2021 at 23:14, Trumo said:

We've played just the once at Elland Road since Leeds got relegated back in 2004, and that was a League Cup tie in 2009/10 when David Ngog got the only goal of the game. It's a ground where we've had some mixed results. The standout game is almost certainly the 4-3 in 2000/01 when we let Viduka run riot. Then there's the 1-0 defeat in 1995 when Yeboah scored one of the goals of the 90s.

I can only remember us losing the games you mentioned above and a Steve Hodge winner in like 1993 as games we’ve lost. 

I’ve seen us win there more often than not. 

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

I remember going to this game in 1991....Should have scored about 10 by half but in that season we had a massive Achilles heel...The defence

I went to this. Sat in what was then The West Stand. There was a bit of a kick off when Liverpool scored and half the stand went up.

You're right, should have been 0-10 at HT. Their Kop was singing ‘What the fuck is going on?’ 

19 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Given I can see Elland Road from my house, we best fucking win.

I think our players are staying at Oulten Hall in Rothwell, so I'm gonna go down on Monday afternoon.

Throw some rotten eggs at the lazy cunts for me . 

Just got to win, no if's, buts and maybe's.

Stating the obvious I know but it should be staring the players and staff in the face. No pissing about, no fancy fucking flicks and backheels although Ive noticed a distinct eradication of them in most of our recent games. Just get the 3 fucking points, boys, no messing.

• Upvote 1