Jump to content
Bjornebye

Russia v Ukraine

Recommended Posts

Quote

Canadian officials who met with members of a Ukrainian battalion linked to neo-Nazis didn’t denounce the unit, but were instead concerned the media would expose details of the get-together, according to newly released documents.

 

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/canadian-officials-who-met-with-ukrainian-unit-linked-to-neo-nazis-feared-exposure-by-news-media-documents

 

Quote

Azov began in 2014 as a volunteer military battalion that helped Ukraine defend itself against an invasion by Russia and its separatist proxy forces. The battalion’s symbol is similar to that of the Wolfsangel, the insignia widely used by the German military during World War II.

 

Although human rights groups accused the battalion of torture and war crimes during the early months of the Ukrainian-Russian conflict, in late 2014, Ukraine’s National Guard incorporated the Azov battalion into its official fold, where it was renamed the Azov regiment.

The military unit has been a favorite bogeyman of the Kremlin, with Russian President Vladimir Putin using the group to justify his attacks against Ukraine as fighting against fascism. Although the group is not broadly popular in Ukraine, its neo-Nazi links are clear. In 2010, the battalion’s founder, Andriy Biletsky, said that Ukraine ought to “lead the white races of the world in a final crusade … against Semite-led Untermenschen [subhumans].”

Biletsky could not be reached for comment.

 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/christopherm51/neo-nazi-group-facebook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2021 at 12:50, Captain Willard said:

One things for sure, if he does invade, you can bet the SWP backed Stop the war campaign will be curiously silent. 

 

Eye-opening thread from a while ago:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

Eye-opening thread from a while ago:

 

 

"Eye-opening" indeed.

 

11 tweets to say "Stop the War oppose the wars our government engages in in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc. and also opposes threats to repeat the same deadly mistakes in Iran".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

War! Huh!

What is it good for?

Distracting from Christmas lockdown

Say it again!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The above is a joke, and not a conspiracy theory. Just before you start in.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anubis said:

War! Huh!

What is it good for?

Distracting from Christmas lockdown

Say it again!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The above is a joke, and not a conspiracy theory. Just before you start in.

I feel like the annoying kid who spends the whole game goal hanging on the other teams six yard box berating his own teammates for not passing him the ball but I thumping your inch perfect pass which has left their keeper in no man's land and me alone two yards out straight into the back of the fucking net,

 

Over to you Edwin;

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

 

The Pilgemeister ain't so sure. 

 

 

 

 

Screenshot 2021-12-22 130756.jpg

Yes Pilger, it's all about terrorising the Russian minority and Nazism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst thing about any upcoming belligerent activities will be listening to US State Department talking heads pronouncing Moscow as Moss-cow  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Pffft. Kasparov.

What would he understand about strategy and tactics?

 

I was reading a piece on Carlson the other day, he's threatened to not compete in the World Championship next year as there's nobody to really challenge him, except an 18 year old prodigy.

 

As you're reading it you realise that he's actually playing chess with the governing body and looking at all these permutations and percentages ect.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/dec/17/magnus-carlsen-chess-alireza-firouzja-world-title

 

Quite remarkable to see and understand the world in those terms.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

I was reading a piece on Carlson the other day, he's threatened to not compete in the World Championship next year as there's nobody to really challenge him, except an 18 year old prodigy.

 

As you're reading it you. realise that he's actually playing chess with the governing body and looking at all these permutations and percentages ect.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/dec/17/magnus-carlsen-chess-alireza-firouzja-world-title

 

Quite remarkable to see and understand the world in those terms.

 

 

Did you keep an eye on his match with Nepo Bruce?  Won game six (longest classical game ever recorded) after the first 5 were drawn and ran away with it from there on in. The guys a machine. He actually looked bored during the match so I'm not totally surprised at what he's said about stepping back from it.

I wonder if Fide will change the format of the final from now on to keep him sweet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Did you keep an eye on his match with Nepo Bruce?  Won game six (longest classical game ever recorded) after the first 5 were drawn and ran away with it from there on in. The guys a machine. He actually looked bored during the match so I'm not totally surprised at what he's said about stepping back from it.

I wonder if Fide will change the format of the final from now on to keep him sweet? 

 

Yeah, kept up with it, he came out and said he was bored at one point as there wasn't much point seeing it through after he broke him as he knew he'd won, though that's part of the game as well I s'pose, damn he's good.

 

Imagine being that peerless, must be a lonely place.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

Yeah, kept up with it, he came out and said he was bored at one point as there wasn't much point seeing it through after he broke him as he knew he'd won, though that's part of the game as well I s'pose, damn he's good.

 

Imagine being that peerless, must be a lonely place.

Yep. Not much else he can aim for now except try and break into the 2900 rating.  It's funny as he was (for his high standards) not firing on all cylinders during the meltwater online championship earlier this year but still ended up winning it. Peerless indeed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose as an alternative to winding up the tension we could always ask Ukraine to implement the terms of the Minsk Agreement they signed up to a few years ago. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Loving the lads on here talking about chess matches like they're a game of darts. Love the GF. 

War, chess and fit lasses on the same page. Where else are you going to get that?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Wondered how long it'd take Pilger to tell everyone it's the West's fault.

Not without merit though, the west has for decades embarked on a policy of steamrolling into eastern Europe for the purpose of controlling assets, gaining cheap labour and the USA getting one up on those nasty Russians. In return the west bungs the new hierarchy of these countries a load of money, and tells its people they're going to have a pocket full of lovely 'freedom'. Unfortunately the new government the USA rubber stamps often consists of some of world's worst right wing nutjobs.

 

https://www.business-humanrights.org/en/latest-news/eu-reports-find-workers-from-eastern-europe-face-low-wages-exploitative-working-conditions/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×