You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

Fuck's sake, just give Putin all the territory he wants so we can get 50 pence or so off fuel prices. Having a Fascist World Order as a result will be a small price to pay if I can shave 10p a day off my morning commute, plus it'll show those fuckin' libs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Fuck's sake, just give Putin all the territory he wants so we can get 50 pence or so off fuel prices. Having a Fascist World Order as a result will be a small price to pay if I can shave 10p a day off my morning commute, plus it'll show those fuckin' libs.

I’d take a bullet for 20p off fuel. 

I think one or two people might be missing the point a bit with the tweet I pasted (and no I won't be arguing for the best part of two days again because I pasted a tweet.) Which shouldn't be a surprise given the history of this thread but anyway : Dems using the phrase "liberal world order" when talking about why people should be enduring things like rising gas prices with no end in sight surely isn't the best idea when there's midterms 4 months away.

There's probably thousands of other phrases they could've used but maybe the point sometimes with these clowns is just winding others up and causing more division.

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I think one or two people might be missing the point a bit with the tweet I pasted (and no I won't be arguing for the best part of two days again because I pasted a tweet.) Which shouldn't be a surprise given the history of this thread but anyway : Dems using the phrase "liberal world order" when talking about why people should be enduring things like rising gas prices with no end in sight surely isn't the best idea when there's midterms 4 months away.

There's probably thousands of other phrases they could've used but maybe the point sometimes with these clowns is just winding others up and causing more division.

No, those one or two people knew exactly why you were 'alarmed' by the 'liberal world order' phrase. It's a dog whistle for ultra-right wing, Libertarian, conspiracy whackjobs endlessly searching for the Truth.

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

No, those one or two people knew exactly why you were 'alarmed' by the 'liberal world order' phrase. It's a dog whistle for ultra-right wing, Libertarian, conspiracy whackjobs endlessly searching for the Truth.

No, I posted exactly what I thought (and I never said I was alarmed.) I partly agree on the dog whistle thing though, that's what I think the intent was when the guy said it. They're just trying to wind people up I think. Maybe Uncle Joe is happy with the idea of losing the house and senate shortly so he has an excuse for "nothing fundamentally changing" (for the rich).

Or maybe the abortion law changing will keep them with some type of control, will be amazing if it does though considering the mess of the last two years.

On 14/06/2022 at 16:55, SasaS said:

Feud between Canadian Ukrainian Volunteer account and Louise Mensch against various OSINT twitter accounts is far more exciting.

And now there are casualties of Twitter wars.

CUV account has been deleted.

In the other camp, the (in) famous Zoka, Serbian account which was followed by all the analysts for exclusive Russian videos, deleted his account after I guess, he has had it with the way Russians are waging this war (Snake Island may have been the last straw).

I know this won't mean anything to most people, but it was all quite an entertaining social media drama for those that regularly search for what is going on in the war.  

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Brian "liberal world order" Deese was previously the Global Head of Sustainable Investing at....BlackRock. Surprise. I'm sure he'll be able to deal with the price rises without much of a fuss.

What does that mean? Who would you rather give these speeches?  Hi everyone here’s Doreen from Greggs, she’ll be our keynote speaker for this evening. 

Decent article on how we've all been kidding ourselves that Russia is a 'great power'. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/07/rethinking-russia-ukraine-international-political-power-military-strength/661452/

When if fact it is exactly as we have now seen - a nation led by swine. Or to paraphrase John McCain, a mafia-run gas station, masquerading as a country. 

• Upvote 1

I saw somewhere Belgium is now quickly boosting its artillery capacities and increasing considerably their order for French Caesar howitzers. I fear Nato countries intend to focus now on quickly increasing spending and their own armies, instead of increasingly helping Ukraine, which is actually fighting Nato's biggest security threat at the moment.

For example, Ukraine got only 6 Caesars apparently (I thought it was 12. as per some reports) and Macron has recently announced 6 more. Belgium are receiving and ordering about 50. Why, what is the point? I get it that France, of they say they themselves have only about 80, cannot send a whole battalion of 18 to Ukraine just like that (personally, I think they should) but it seems now everybody will be ordering stuff instead of supplying Ukraine. And they would be getting scrap metal from the warehouses at best. 

Don't see the logic in this.

22 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I saw somewhere Belgium is now quickly boosting its artillery capacities and increasing considerably their order for French Caesar howitzers. I fear Nato countries intend to focus now on quickly increasing spending and their own armies, instead of increasingly helping Ukraine, which is actually fighting Nato's biggest security threat at the moment.

For example, Ukraine got only 6 Caesars apparently (I thought it was 12. as per some reports) and Macron has recently announced 6 more. Belgium are receiving and ordering about 50. Why, what is the point? I get it that France, of they say they themselves have only about 80, cannot send a whole battalion of 18 to Ukraine just like that (personally, I think they should) but it seems now everybody will be ordering stuff instead of supplying Ukraine. And they would be getting scrap metal from the warehouses at best. 

Don't see the logic in this.

Is it because they can’t give away what they haven’t got? 

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Glad you are worried about antisemitism now, I’m guessing you’ll be coming with me to see David Baddiel? You buy popcorn.  

24 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Glad you are worried about antisemitism now, I’m guessing you’ll be coming with me to see David Baddiel? You buy popcorn.  

I choose not to see David Baddiel not because he's Jewish but because he's such an unfunny cunt. Enjoy the popcorn.

27 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Is it because they can’t give away what they haven’t got? 

The point is, they may be building the capacities which are not likely to be used, whilst elsewhere they are desperately needed yesterday.

• Upvote 1