You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

33 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

All going great over here though. Both sky high inflation and fuel costs have not affected the richer people in Western society one iota.

Meanwhile... 

"EU sanctions on Russia fuel high inflation, expose internal rifts" https://wap.business-standard.com/article-amp/international/eu-sanctions-on-russia-fuel-high-inflation-expose-internal-rifts-122060300087_1.html

On 22/06/2022 at 13:44, M_B said:

Hope you're both right. I don't share your confidence.

Just to clarify, they might do something crazy but there’s no just case for war. It doesn’t fit any legal requirement either. That’s not to say they won’t do it. 

In my view, they need to be fucked off from the UN if they do start a war with NATO. There’s no provision for it in the charter (unless they agree to vote themselves out) so it’s take some sort of dissolution tomfoolery, but having these fuckers having a veto is bad news. I think there’s a strong case for regime change if that’s the case. 

32 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Just to clarify, they might do something crazy but there’s no just case for war. It doesn’t fit any legal requirement either. That’s not to say they won’t do it. 

Well that clarifies it,

"they might do something crazy"" 

In my view, they need to be fucked off from the UN if they do start a war with NATO. There’s no provision for it in the charter (unless they agree to vote themselves out) so it’s take some sort of dissolution tomfoolery, but having these fuckers having a veto is bad news. I think there’s a strong case for regime change if that’s the case. 

"Not to say they won't do it".

I believe Captain Mainwaring is talking about a military escalation that will probably lead to world war 3.

Keep your gung ho nonsense for the Star Trek thread Numero, safer for us all.

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Well that clarifies it,

"they might do something crazy"" 

"Not to say they won't do it".

I believe Captain Mainwaring is talking about a military escalation that will probably lead to world war 3.

Stick to the Star Trek thread Numero, safer for us all.

Are you ok? The big boys are talking here, there no need for you to chip in with your disruptive, attention seeking bollocks, especially as you don’t understand anything that’s being talked about. You should try to limit your rank ignorance to two or three threads at a time, you’re spreading yourself a bit too thinly.

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Are you ok? The big boys are talking here, there no need for you to chip in with your disruptive, attention seeking bollocks, especially as you don’t understand anything that’s being talked about. You should try to limit your rank ignorance to two or three threads at a time, you’re spreading yourself a bit too thinly.

"The big boys"  haha

You've got less military experience than Clive Dunn yer daft cunt.

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

"The big boys"  haha

You've got less military experience than Clive Dunn yer daft cunt.

Then it should be really easy to stay on topic and pull apart the things I actually say. Except you don’t do that, you never do that, because you can’t do that. You just prattle on in ignorance. I challenge you to actually say something of merit, to actually make a coherent point and a cogent counter argument to anything I’ve said. Pro tip, putting quotation marks around something and calling me a cunt isn’t convincing anybody that you know what you’re taking about. Seriously, if I’m the clueless whopper you claim I am, it’ll be very easy to just prove me wrong, make me look a complete idiot, and embarrass me into silence. I just don’t get why you don’t do that. You know, other than the obvious fact you can’t because you’re a disruptive attention seeking idiot who can’t back up his van, let alone his argument. Now, are you going to derail this thread more or are you actually going to contribute.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Then it should be really easy to stay on topic and pull apart the things I actually say. Except you don’t do that, you never do that, because you can’t do that. You just prattle on in ignorance. I challenge you to actually say something of merit, to actually make a coherent point and a cogent counter argument to anything I’ve said. Pro tip, putting quotation marks around something and calling me a cunt isn’t convincing anybody that you know what you’re taking about. Seriously, if I’m the clueless whopper you claim I am, it’ll be very easy to just prove me wrong, make me look a complete idiot, and embarrass me into silence. I just don’t get why you don’t do that. You know, other than the obvious fact you can’t because you’re a disruptive attention seeking idiot who can’t back up his van, let alone his argument. Now, are you going to derail this thread more or are you actually going to contribute.