You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Grim read this by one of the best journos on the war, unfortunately the actions in his article are probably not uncommon throughout the south and east of Ukraine,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/09/after-russians-retreat-scarred-ukrainian-village-recounts-month-of-terror

Surely they were just following orders and can’t be blamed? 

10 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I mean this place, the GF. I've got no problem with the FF and other forums, or Dave. It's more of an issue with a group of posters here though. And yeah I've spoken to a few people in real life about related stuff so it's not about only speaking about it on the internet.

I think it'd be interesting actually if you had most of the people on the FF talking in here regularly too on some subjects, maybe things would be a bit more balanced, or maybe we'd just have a slightly bigger group of outcasts instead. I'm sure some on here wouldn't approve of it too.

At the same time I get that I spend too much time on the GF now, rarely post anywhere else and that's also an issue.

Anyway I know you ask me questions a lot (which I'm ok with most times) but if I keep answering I'm just posting normally so I'll try to leave it for a while.

The last thing the GF needs is The Drowning Man. Or the FF for that matter. 

On 10/04/2022 at 09:05, Rico1304 said:

Anti-ship missiles from U.K. and anti-aircraft missiles from Poland. Could be a game changer if the Russians can’t resupply. 

Obviously it’s the Russian pilots and sailors we should be feeling for. 

Plug for the underdogs? Good in ya bro.

No idea how reliable the Chechen leader is, but he is saying they and the Russians will go back to try to take Kyiv.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1594278/Ukraine-news-Chechen-warlord-Ramzan-Kadyrov-Kyiv-plot-Vladimir-Putin-Russia-latest

In a video posted on his Telegram channel, Kadyrov said: "There will be an offensive ... not only on Mariupol, but also on other places, cities and villages.

He said: "Luhansk and Donetsk - we will fully liberate in the first place...and then take Kyiv and all other cities."

He added: "I assure you: not one step will be taken back.”

The Chechen warlord was seen with military maps spread on a table in front of him.

He said: "There will be an offensive on Kyiv, the task is set by Putin."

14 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

No idea how reliable the Chechen leader is, but he is saying they and the Russians will go back to try to take Kyiv.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1594278/Ukraine-news-Chechen-warlord-Ramzan-Kadyrov-Kyiv-plot-Vladimir-Putin-Russia-latest

Its the express newspaper but unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if its what the mad bastard intends to do.

46 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

He's a brutal thug of the highest order and forgive me for saying, he needs to be a casualty of war to rid him from the face of the Earth.

I fear we are seeing a lull before yet another storm rained on Ukraine. One hopes the free world is quickly re supplying and more with the Ukrainian forces.

It feels like a turning point in the war. After 47 days, someone managed to explain to the Ukraine Army General Staff it would be a good idea to translate their situational updates into English, instead of just leaving it to the Facebook auto translate which keeps claiming civilian infrastructure is attacking Russian rockets on a daily basis.

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It feels like a turning point in the war. After 47 days, someone managed to explain to the Ukraine Army General Staff it would be a good idea to translate their situational updates into English, instead of just leaving it to the Facebook auto translate which keeps claiming civilian infrastructure is attacking Russian rockets on a daily basis.

Zuckerberg's a nerdy cunt.

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

?

On another matter,

a stab in the dark analysis form highly esteemed Jomini of the West. He thinks UKR army is too streched for any counteroffensive.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1513354960469213188.html

As the main man of farcebook, Zuckerberg could fix the translation issues.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

What the Russians and Chechens would like to do, and what they're capable of doing, are two very different things. Russia would surely love to take Kiev, mich the same was as I'd like to have my balls cupped by Susanna Reid.

Yeah but one thing is to ‘limit’ the fighting to an area of Ukraine, another is going back to levelling the whole country, which is what you expect would happen if they go for Kyiv again. 

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

As the main man of farcebook, Zuckerberg could fix the translation issues.

Ah, I get it.

The point was, General Staff has a social media manager, but it took them a month and a half to realize they should also find someone who can translate a one-page text addressing domestic audience and all of international community, which takes about half an hour. Or at least fix what the machine has translated. 

Ukrainians have a lot of very interesting material they are putting up but which for some reason they rarely bother translating into even basic English, or at least providing close captions that can be auto-translated for basic comprehension.  

Also, you cannot just "fix the translation issues" with machine translation, Google has been working for years on improving theirs, it's a huge undertaking.

6 hours ago, DJLJ said:

The Chechen leader is one of the most evil people on the face of the earth today. It would be difficult to think of anyone worse (I mean, Putin or Kim Jong Un might be worse, but only because they have more power).

Deranged would be putting it mildly.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

The Chechen leader is one of the most evil people on the face of the earth today. It would be difficult to think of anyone worse (I mean, Putin or Kim Jong Un might be worse, but only because they have more power).

Deranged would be putting it mildly.

Wasn't he the guy who was posting that he was on the front lines of Ukraine and it turned out to be a gas station in Russia?

Yes, that's him. He did apparently eventually make it to Mariupol, I think, but I don't think he was anywhere near the shooting. 

Chechens are known for posting crazy videos to Instagram and Youtube of their "battles," mostly showing them shooting hundreds of rounds into what appear to be empty apartment blocks. There are dozens of such videos on the internet if you seek them out, it's almost comical to watch.

They like to film themselves a lot for their Telegram channel, but I think they are also involved in some serious fighting. Don't think Russian army would have them there otherwise.

Kadyrov isn't the one deciding what the future plans for the war would be, he does what he is told.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Just following orders. 

Shit like that happens in every war.

I think saaas referenced the other day the number of psychopaths who are drawn to the army.

The animals who did that are just the latest in a long line.

• Downvote 1

From the torygraph Live updates:

The Kremlin has warned Finland and Sweden against joining Nato.

"We have repeatedly said that the alliance remains a tool geared towards confrontation and its further expansion will not bring stability to the European continent," Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov told reporters.

It comes as public support for joining the military alliance almost doubled in the two countries since the Russian invasion of Ukraine began.

Opinion polls suggest that around 50 per cent of Swedes and 60 per cent of Finns support joining Nato.

The Swedish government has started debating the accession, while Finland is expected to reach a decision within weeks.

Follow the latest updates below.

Auto update

Claims that Russian forces have used chemical weapons in Mariupol

The Azov regiment said on Monday that Russian forces appeared to have used chemical weapons in Mariupol.

The regiment said: "Russian occupation forces used a poisonous substance of unknown origin against Ukrainian military and civilians in the city of Mariupol, which was dropped from an enemy drone. 

"The victims have respiratory failure... the effects of the unknown substance are being clarified."

The claim could not immediately be verified but it came after Eduard Basurin, a spokesman for the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic, told Russian state television that the Kremlin's forces might resort to chemical weapons to finish the job.

9 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Shit like that happens in every war.

I think saaas referenced the other day the number of psychopaths who are drawn to the army.

The animals who did that are just the latest in a long line.

I’m not sure what your point is.  Russian rapists are only able to rape Ukrainians as they’ve invaded.  Any Ukrainian rapists in their army weren’t doing this were they? 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m not sure what your point is.  Russian rapists are only able to rape Ukrainians as they’ve invaded.  Any Ukrainian rapists in their army weren’t doing this were they? 

Once again I've no idea what you are on about. 

Did I even mention Ukraine?please point out where I did?

My point was a simple one.

Evil cunts have done things like this for generations. War dehumanises people and allows animals to behave like that