You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Anti-ship missiles from U.K. and anti-aircraft missiles from Poland. Could be a game changer if the Russians can’t resupply. 

Obviously it’s the Russian pilots and sailors we should be feeling for. 

Link?

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Imran Khan ousted from power, naturally blames US conspiracy, I expect RP to be all over this shit…………..he’s not anti west though, perish the thought.

The US is simultaneously run by a geriatric incompetent who is incapable of wiping his arse, or capable of running the world.  

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Link?

Sorry - Slovakia 

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-sends-patriot-battery-slovakia-ukraine-300-anti/story?id=83965999

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Imran Khan ousted from power, naturally blames US conspiracy, I expect RP to be all over this shit…………..he’s not anti west though, perish the thought.

Don't worry I'm not talking about it and have barely read anything to do with it. And if I did think there was anything off I wouldn't expect hardly anyone here to agree and also to be ridiculed.

Anyway I'll be posting less at least for a while because this place has turned proper authoritarian so you can be happy at that I suppose.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The irony is that despite the fact that no Pakistani Prime Minister has served a full five-year term, this is the first time that one has been ousted using parliamentary procedure, as opposed to assassination, military coup, forced resignation, judicial disqualification, etc.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/9/factbox-no-pakistani-prime-minister-has-completed-a-full-tenure

So this is actually a positive for Pakistani democracy, however limited.

31 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

A f%%ty chatroom has turned authoritarian?

C'mon man. 

Do you have any of these same discussions with actual people - face to face?

Isn't a no confidence vote a Parliamentary thing? We do not have those.

I mean this place, the GF. I've got no problem with the FF and other forums, or Dave. It's more of an issue with a group of posters here though. And yeah I've spoken to a few people in real life about related stuff so it's not about only speaking about it on the internet.

I think it'd be interesting actually if you had most of the people on the FF talking in here regularly too on some subjects, maybe things would be a bit more balanced, or maybe we'd just have a slightly bigger group of outcasts instead. I'm sure some on here wouldn't approve of it too.

At the same time I get that I spend too much time on the GF now, rarely post anywhere else and that's also an issue.

Anyway I know you ask me questions a lot (which I'm ok with most times) but if I keep answering I'm just posting normally so I'll try to leave it for a while.

• Downvote 1

The reason I ask questions is so you can expound on your POV. It is interesting. There is no "debate" without questions.

BTW - I firmly disagree on posters from the FF  - pretty sure anyone who is interested in any way on any of these topics has engaged. Probably true that a fair few have tired of the monotony after nearly a decade however.