You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

Putin should just nuke Ukraine. The politicians are corrupt, the arm forces aren't all saints, the babies would grow up to be nazis. Get Ukraine gone and Putin can choose the next imperfect country he can spare us from.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ManéMan said:

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, or if allowed to here, but Ukraine have a number of biological weapons labs that are are US funded.

Imagine watching how much these poor people are suffering and yet still happily having Putins balls bouncing on your chin. Staggering 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ManéMan said:

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, or if allowed to here, but Ukraine have a number of biological weapons labs that are are US funded.

Of course it’s allowed. You’re allowed to post anything you want, you’re just not allowed to do it without others having the right of response. I’m not sure why some on here feign censorship just because some people don’t unquestioningly accept their views. 

Now, about these biological weapons facilities. Where are they, what weapons do they make, how are these weapons stored, when were payments made, how much do they cost, and who made the payments? So far I’ve only seen Russian claims, and knowing what we do about how truthful Russia is, I’d like more information. There’s no way somebody as knowledgeable as you would have spewed out Russian claims practically verbatim, so if you could supply those details that’d be great. Thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Of course it’s allowed. You’re allowed to post anything you want, you’re just not allowed to do it without others having the right of response. I’m not sure why some on here feign censorship just because some people don’t unquestioningly accept their views. 

Now, about these biological weapons facilities. Where are they, what weapons do they make, how are these weapons stored, when were payments made, how much do they cost, and who made the payments? So far I’ve only seen Russian claims, and knowing what we do about how truthful Russia is, I’d like more information. There’s no way somebody as knowledgeable would have verbatim copied what Russia said, so if you could supply those details that’s be great. Thanks. 

Might take a while like

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Might take a while like

Nah, he implied we were all unthinking sheep. There’s absolutely no way he’d assert that ‘Ukraine have a number of biological weapons labs that are are US funded’ without knowing about them from a separate source, and it’s definitely just a coincidence that he used exactly the same terminology that’s been all over the Twitterverse. So I’m sure, right after sending the proof to the media, he will post the info here. Looking forward to it. 

Children are starving to death, families being blown apart by foreign invaders, and it might end in WW3, but some want to unquestioningly regurgitate baseless Russian claims. That’s fine, whatever, it’s the Internet; but to have it presented in such a way as anybody not taking that line is an idiot… fuck that shit. If there really is chemical or biological ‘weapons labs’ funded by the US, then let’s actually have some evidence. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

The admission from the US politician posted earlier is damning enough for those who ponder.

Haha. Shocked! Shocked I tell you. Shocked that you couldn’t answer a single one of my questions.

Those who ponder. Wow. If only we had your ability to think for ourselves. Maybe if you pondered beyond the headline you wouldn’t have parroted  the term ‘ US funded weapons labs’, you would have said what she said, which wasn’t that. 

Still, stay enlightened. 

I am not current on my biological warfare, what does Nuland's reply that Ukraine has biological research facilities mean in practical terms? Is it illegal to have them? Some of the addresses of research labs from RP's files are in the Luhansk area, surely these would have been captured 8 years ago already?

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I am not current on my biological warfare, what does Nuland's reply that Ukraine has biological research facilities mean in practical terms? Is it illegal to have them? Some of the addresses of research labs from RP's files are in the Luhansk area, surely these have been captured 8 years ago already?

The only concrete evidence I’ve seen is a link to a lab which did work on things like PCR tests that received funding from somebody inside the US and another which was a food standards agency which received a level 2 biosafety level. Maybe they’re weaponising chicken kievs?

Look, maybe there are ‘weapons labs’, but before claiming there are, especially as a pretext or a deflection of war and war crimes, can we please have some sort of evidence. Maybe some more pondering is to be done.   

If this is used as an excuse for chemical weapons use on Ukrainians, without any evidence, it’ll be horrific. Absolutely horrific. 

19 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The only concrete evidence I’ve seen is a link to a lab which did work on things like PCR tests that received funding from somebody inside the US and another which was a food standards agency which received a level 2 biosafety level. Maybe they’re weaponising chicken kievs?

Look, maybe there are ‘weapons labs’, but before claiming there are, especially as a pretext or a deflection of war and war crimes, can we please have some sort of evidence. Maybe some more pondering is to be done.   

I would not be surprised if all countries with serious armies have some labs and capabilities, with China, Russia and US around you need a deterrent, like both sides deciding not to use them in WWII because both sides had them. And military cooperation between the US and Ukraine and other NATO countries is hardly a secret, plus, Ukraine has a pretty well developed military industrial complex which, as we now learn, Russia used to depend on a lot. So that they are looking at some Petri dishes across the border from the Novichok lads really would not shock me.

Now, what does it mean in the context of this aggression and if Russians think this was some smoking gun for something, why is this only now being used? Becase stories in the more... lets called them alternative pro-Russian channels are really wild, with developing patogens that can be used only against Russians and stuff like that. It all suddenly exploded a couple of days ago, it is clearly coordinated with Lavrov's speech, but timing is probably also interesting.  

• Upvote 1

Zelenskiy suggested that he believes Putin will be forced to recalculate and end the conflict through negotiations, saying: “How to stop this war? Only dialogue.”

Guardian live updates

Maybe he can try focusing on that then instead of calling for a no fly zone almost every day that could start a world war off. And if he's so bothered about dialogue he could also suggest the same to Biden and Blinken who seem more bothered about shipping weapons into Ukraine for a proxy war.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

If this is used as an excuse for chemical weapons use on Ukrainians, without any evidence, it’ll be horrific. Absolutely horrific. 

I guarantee ManeMan will be on here within the hour of it happening to tell us it's all a sham, or that Putin had to do it because NATO, or that Saudi Arabia is corrupt too so it's just as bad and we're not saying anything about them, or ...

• Upvote 2