You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken last week accused Russia of using food as a weapon in Ukraine by holding "hostage" supplies for not just Ukrainians, but also millions around the world. The Kremlin says it is the West that triggered the crisis by slapping sanctions against Moscow.

Explainer: Ukraine looks for ways to get its grain out

8lBSeQJ.jpg

Tom Cooper updated, he is churning them out one a day again, which tells you fighting is at its peak.

There is something for everyone this time, a bit about Davos, lots for the fans of the Syrian war and some contextualizing of Russian equipment losses. All told with a slight German accent and an occasional wrong preposition.

After a counter attack, T1302 motorway between Bakhmut and Lysichans is open for business again, but if you absolutely cannot postpone your trip to Sieverodonetsk Tom still recommends using the other, less direct road, to the west of the main highway.

https://medium.com/@x_TomCooper_x/ukraine-war-26-may-2022-425b9ff2dac9

58 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Amazing, it is all the wests fault and Putin is totally blameless in all this. Who'd have thunk it.

Mate, it was Corbyns fault that Johnson and his team got twatted night after night in number 10 during lockdown so it's hardly surprising news 

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Or because the ones a bad guy it doesn't automatically make the other a good guy.

This is about as stupid as it’s possible to be. Really.  I think Suzie Dent will be in touch to borrow this for ‘victim blaming’ in the OED

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

This is about as stupid as it’s possible to be. Really.  I think Suzie Dent will be in touch to borrow this for ‘victim blaming’ in the OED

The ex Nato man is not blaming the victim though, no one is.

23 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The ex Nato man is not blaming the victim though, no one is.

I think we had this link already, shared by other tankies, isn't this guy some Swiss fantasist who styled himself as a "Swiss terrorism expert" when terrorism was the way to get into the media and now, he is a "NATO analyst", despite being Swiss?

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I think we had this link already,

Sorry I hadn't seen it before. 

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

shared by other tankies, isn't this guy some Swiss fantasist who styled himself as a "Swiss terrorism expert" when terrorism was the way to get into the media and now, he is a "NATO analyst", despite being Swiss?

Sorry if it annoyed you Captain Mainwaring.

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Sorry I hadn't seen it before. 

Sorry if it annoyed you Captain Mainwaring.

I'm way past being annoyed. After three months, it's just sad when you see such accumulation of stupidity, such lack of even basic human empathy for the victim of an outright, indefensible aggression and downright vileness working together to help the most evil regime in Europe achieve its murderous goals. It really makes you think about the world we live in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I'm way past being annoyed. After three months, it's just sad when you see such accumulation of stupidity, such lack of even basic human empathy for the victim of an outright, indefensible aggression and downright vileness working together to help the most evil regime in Europe achieve its murderous goals. It really makes you think about the world we live in.

Dont be so precious.

Out of intrest how often have you expressed similar empathy for the children murdered in Yemen by British/American missiles? Or does the outrage only stretch to Eastern Europe?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-46261983.amp

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Dont be so precious.

Out of intrest how often have you expressed similar empathy for the children murdered in Yemen by British/American missiles? Or does the outrage only stretch to Eastern Europe.

It's not an outrage, it is more of a realization. And I have not come across people actively cheering civilian casualties in the Yemen war, which I don't follow closely. I think the only other time I saw this was Syria. 

13 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It's not an outrage, it is more of a realization. And I have not come across people actively cheering civilian casualties in the Yemen war, which I don't follow closely. I think the only other time I saw this was Syria. 

Cheering civilian casualties? Really? Where?

As you admit you show no intrest in another war where children are dying by American/British made missiles every day it may be best if you leave out insulting people for what you wrongly perceive to be lack of empathy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-46261983.amp

Anyway back on the subject of Ukraine it seems protests against the war may be becoming more common throughout Russia if reports are to be believed. Crowds at concerts chanting 'fuck the war' in St Petersburg and Moscow apparently.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Anyway back on the subject of Ukraine it seems protests against the war may be becoming more common throughout Russia if reports are to be believed. Crowds at concerts chanting 'fuck the war' in St Petersburg and Moscow apparently.

Cheaper than Dignitas I suppose