You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Russia is deploying its 'Terminator tanks' apparently. 

It really is that kid you went to school with isn't it who claimed they had an Afterburner arcade cabinet in their bedroom but nobody was allowed to see it, because.

The vague threats to Finland and Sweden over joining NATO are particularly laughable. The Red Army nearly broke its spine trying to take Finland in the 1940s what would they be able to do now?

Reminds me of Tony yelling at Meadow to not go to Barcelona but with far less agency on Russia's part.

1 hour ago, Em City said:

The vague threats to Finland and Sweden over joining NATO are particularly laughable. The Red Army nearly broke its spine trying to take Finland in the 1940s what would they be able to do now?

Reminds me of Tony yelling at Meadow to not go to Barcelona but with far less agency on Russia's part.

Yeah, reminds me of a row I had with a lad on a bike when I was about 14, I pointed at him and said 'you don't know who you're dealing with!' and he said 'why what's your name?' to which I replied, 'I'm not telling you'. 

Then he called me a cunt and rode off. 

QB1ZcT.gif

• Upvote 1

Yes, I also prefer ISW, UK Ministry of Defence briefings, anonymous high Pentagon officials and the like where everything is always going splendidly, Russians have big losses, insufficiant manpower, advances are limited or stalled, supply issues are insurmountable, nobody wants to collaborate and the only attacks that happen are those that are repelled.

Apparently, they have all surrendered at Azovstal now, including Prokopenko. If they are not quickly swapped, I do not understand this deal. There is over 2,000 of them. With the marines that surrendered at Ilichstal, the battalion which first surrendered and those that tried that controversial break in April, that is way over 3,000 fighters. What disaster. They had almost 4,000 soldiers defending the city.

5 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

I thought they were winning? The recent unnecessary attempt to retake the Snake Islands was a disaster too...apparently it was a PR move ordered by the US thugs and which the Ukrainian military command was against doing. 

No condemnation of the Russians.  Everyone else’s fault for walking in front of the bullets.  Wrong time, wrong place. 

55 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Apparently, they have all surrendered at Azovstal now, including Prokopenko. If they are not quickly swapped, I do not understand this deal. There is over 2,000 of them. With the marines that surrendered at Ilichstal, the battalion which first surrendered and those that tried that controversial break in April, that is way over 3,000 fighters. What disaster. They had almost 4,000 soldiers defending the city.

No need to guess how them Azov prisoners are being treated in Russia, I doubt if they'll be welcomed with hot chocolate and biscuits. 

20 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

No need to guess how them Azov prisoners are being treated in Russia, I doubt if they'll be welcomed with hot chocolate and biscuits. 

Yes, there is. That is actually the whole point. Otherwise, why would you surrender?

45 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

No condemnation of the Russians.  Everyone else’s fault for walking in front of the bullets.  Wrong time, wrong place. 

Maybe someone should hand those bullets over so we can check who fired them? Isn't that how it works...

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Yes, there is. That is actually the whole point. Otherwise, why would you surrender?

You trust the Russians to treat them by the rules of warfare? They shoot their own generals in the back of the head. 

On a more general point.